HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Notices

Stars Contracts

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-04-2005, 12:21 PM
  #1
Bring Back Bucky
Registered User
 
Bring Back Bucky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Delicieux!
Country: Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 7,824
vCash: 50
Stars Contracts

As an Oilers fan, I am curious about where the Stars stand in terms of committed contracts assuming that they don't get 04/05 "rolled back".

I'm sure I asked once before, but what do you guys think the chances of Modano coming back are??? (that guy kills us).

Thanks!!

Bring Back Bucky is offline  
Old
05-04-2005, 12:24 PM
  #2
Ajacied
Remember #9
 
Ajacied's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 23,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back Bucky
As an Oilers fan, I am curious about where the Stars stand in terms of committed contracts assuming that they don't get 04/05 "rolled back".

I'm sure I asked once before, but what do you guys think the chances of Modano coming back are??? (that guy kills us).

Thanks!!
The Stars will be around 45 with most their important guys signed..

As for Modano, 200%..

He won't go anywhere. In fact, he's looking for a long-term deal that would finish his career here.

Ajacied is offline  
Old
05-04-2005, 12:32 PM
  #3
Bring Back Bucky
Registered User
 
Bring Back Bucky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Delicieux!
Country: Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 7,824
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ott = Snott
The Stars will be around 45 with most their important guys signed..

As for Modano, 200%..

He won't go anywhere. In fact, he's looking for a long-term deal that would finish his career here.

Who won't be back??

Bring Back Bucky is offline  
Old
05-04-2005, 12:41 PM
  #4
Ajacied
Remember #9
 
Ajacied's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 23,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back Bucky
Who won't be back??
Therien, Sekeras, Numminen, Tugnutt and Bure for certain.

The core (Modano, Lehtinen, Zubov, Morrow and Turco) along with the youngsters (Ott, Daley, Miettinen, Kapanen) won't go anywhere, regardless of their contract situation. Turgeon has one more year left, he'll be gone after that. Jason Arnott is a pending UFA but he's way too crucial for the Stars to be let go just like that.

Not many players will leave besides the obvious. Maybe Jon Klemm as well..

Ajacied is offline  
Old
05-04-2005, 12:53 PM
  #5
Olorin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 1,492
vCash: 500
Based on the turnover, how do you see the Stars' roster shaping up for next season (assuming no players are added beyond those in the system already)?

Olorin is offline  
Old
05-04-2005, 01:01 PM
  #6
Ajacied
Remember #9
 
Ajacied's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 23,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan13
Based on the turnover, how do you see the Stars' roster shaping up for next season (assuming no players are added beyond those in the system already)?
Brenden Morrow - Jason Arnott - Bill Guerin
Antti Miettinen - Niko Kapanen - Jere Lehtinen
Jaroslav Svoboda - Mike Modano - Junior Lessard
Stu Barnes - Pierre Turgeon - Steve Ott

After the MAG line, there's no clear cut #2.

Sergei Zubov - Jon Klemm
Trevor Daley - Philippe Boucher
John Erskine - Dan Jancevski

Marty Turco
Dan Ellis/Mike Smith

Ajacied is offline  
Old
05-04-2005, 03:32 PM
  #7
Olorin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 1,492
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ott = Snott
Brenden Morrow - Jason Arnott - Bill Guerin
Antti Miettinen - Niko Kapanen - Jere Lehtinen
Jaroslav Svoboda - Mike Modano - Junior Lessard
Stu Barnes - Pierre Turgeon - Steve Ott

After the MAG line, there's no clear cut #2.

Sergei Zubov - Jon Klemm
Trevor Daley - Philippe Boucher
John Erskine - Dan Jancevski

Marty Turco
Dan Ellis/Mike Smith
Thanks.

I was wondering particularly about Jaroslav Svoboda and where he'd fit in, as well as how much he might produce offensively.

Olorin is offline  
Old
05-04-2005, 04:28 PM
  #8
Colorado Avalanche
Registered User
 
Colorado Avalanche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Lieto
Country: Finland
Posts: 15,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ott = Snott
Brenden Morrow - Jason Arnott - Bill Guerin
Antti Miettinen - Niko Kapanen - Jere Lehtinen
Jaroslav Svoboda - Mike Modano - Junior Lessard
Stu Barnes - Pierre Turgeon - Steve Ott

After the MAG line, there's no clear cut #2.

Sergei Zubov - Jon Klemm
Trevor Daley - Philippe Boucher
John Erskine - Dan Jancevski

Marty Turco
Dan Ellis/Mike Smith
Nice finland line

your line up looks nice, defense looks new to me.

Colorado Avalanche is offline  
Old
06-09-2005, 07:32 PM
  #9
Bring Back Bucky
Registered User
 
Bring Back Bucky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Delicieux!
Country: Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 7,824
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ott = Snott
The Stars will be around 45 with most their important guys signed..

As for Modano, 200%..

He won't go anywhere. In fact, he's looking for a long-term deal that would finish his career here.

Guys, do you still feel that Modano can fit back into the Stars budget under the proposed cap?? Is a long-term deal possible for him now? I wonder if he's in that unsigned class of players who are going to find themselves looking for employment with a team like Columbus, minnesota or edmonton- good inexpensive teams that are going to have substantial cap room to play with..

Bring Back Bucky is offline  
Old
06-10-2005, 12:48 AM
  #10
Dr GLU
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Northern Hemisphere
Country: Liechtenstein
Posts: 2,526
vCash: 500
It depends on how much of a pay cut Modano's willing to take to stay here. He's probably looking at around $5 million per maximum from the Stars, and that's only if they can cut loose one of Arnott or Turgeon.

Dr GLU is offline  
Old
06-12-2005, 03:13 PM
  #11
Walzy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: somewhere in Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,307
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Walzy Send a message via AIM to Walzy Send a message via MSN to Walzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLUhipfan
and that's only if they can cut loose one of Arnott or Turgeon.
or Guerin

btw, perhaps this file may be interesting for some of you guys:
http://upload4free.com/files/10776.pdf
(i hope the prospects are still correct)

Walzy is offline  
Old
06-12-2005, 06:36 PM
  #12
dafranchz
Registered User
 
dafranchz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turco
or Guerin

btw, perhaps this file may be interesting for some of you guys:
http://upload4free.com/files/10776.pdf
(i hope the prospects are still correct)
The THN just released a team by team report much like this. However, it is curtailed when it comes to future prospects.

dafranchz is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:17 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.