HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game # 28 PANTHERS AT PREDATORS 8 PM EST 12/11/10

Closed Thread

Old
12-11-2010, 10:31 PM
PanthersHockey1
Bond.

vCash: 500
Well back to back shutouts. The problem was we were the recepient and receiver. Hey as long as they can keep winning three and losing one were playoff bound! Let me know when we get a streak of ten games playing the islanders, devils, thrashers, and hurricanes. Does our schedule ever get easy?

Old
12-11-2010, 10:37 PM
CatscratchFever
Cup or bust!

Send a message via AIM to CatscratchFever
That's 2 and 1/2 hours of my life I'll never get back.

Old
12-11-2010, 10:44 PM
sinDer

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersflames1 View Post
Does our schedule ever get easy?
Since we're the Florida Panthers...no

Old
12-11-2010, 10:46 PM
Egblad
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to Egblad
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinDer View Post
Since we're the Florida Panthers...no
Exactly what I was thinking.

Old
12-12-2010, 12:55 AM
CanadianPantherFan

As good a road game as you can play without winning. Great back support tonight, agressive pinch work by the dmen along the boards when the Preds were on their heels trying to ring the puck around the boards or off the glass (which was most of the night). It simply comes down to no finishers and guys needing to be more confident to drive it strong to the net. The team has solved their outlet problems from past seasons, have skaters on defense and forward positions now that can skate with the puck, but literally NO finishers or skaters who can get to the slot and release a quick accurate shot on a consistent basis.

Man, Kulikov needs to learn to hit the net and release his slap shot quicker (like some other posters mentioned). He is being aggressive and jumping up into the slot but like the rest of them lacks any type of finish or accuracy

Lindback was solid, but not overly tested. He was probably tired from being in the crouch all night with Panthers offensive pressure but was not really tested all that much.

Last edited by CanadianPantherFan: 12-12-2010 at 01:00 AM.
Old
12-12-2010, 02:11 AM
Holy Jokinen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatscratchFever View Post
That's 2 and 1/2 hours of my life I'll never get back.
Heh, i was thinking this while watching the game. It just had that shutout feeling.

Old
12-12-2010, 04:15 AM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Jokinen View Post
Heh, i was thinking this while watching the game. It just had that shutout feeling.
Yup first time ever I didn't watch a Panthers game till the end and i've watched some slaughters but this one you could see from the first drop of the puck we were lazy bunch out there and would have no chance in this one so after 2 periods I went to sleep

Old
12-12-2010, 09:28 AM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
Yup first time ever I didn't watch a Panthers game till the end and i've watched some slaughters but this one you could see from the first drop of the puck we were lazy bunch out there and would have no chance in this one so after 2 periods I went to sleep
Lazy bunch ?? You must be kidding me !!

Sloppy first ? Yes for sure... Great road game after that ? Hell yeah !!

Crappy referees too... But the Preds barely mustered anything in the last two periods ! The Cats showed they weren't that far off from the Preds who are 6th in the West mind you !

I'm tired of losers on this board... And I know we have lost our big share in the last few years... But if you can't enjoy hockey anymore, don't bother watching the game !

You would have said that of last year's team no problem... But I can't take it when you call this group "a lazy bunch"...

Old
12-12-2010, 12:08 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Why? Cause he hit him without the puck? Nothing wrong with that hit, imo. Have to see it again, but it sure looked shoulder to shoulder to me. Illegal since he didn't touch the puck, but it was clean.
The puck hopped over his stick, and there is no way Tootoo notices that a split second before making contact. Shouldn't have been a penalty. Still don't know what Vokoun was thinking on that hook to the face

I know too well what it's like to be a fan of a team who can't bury the puck. I'm actually surprised we did once, much less three times, against Vokie.

Old
12-12-2010, 02:10 PM
CanadianPantherFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
The puck hopped over his stick, and there is no way Tootoo notices that a split second before making contact. Shouldn't have been a penalty. Still don't know what Vokoun was thinking on that hook to the faceI know too well what it's like to be a fan of a team who can't bury the puck. I'm actually surprised we did once, much less three times, against Vokie.
Even though the puck was not really touched by Frolik,I'm fine with the hit too.

I know why Vokoun hooked him in the face. Same reason I would do it to him,Della Rouve',Dorsett, Downie etc... I can't believe those pukes played for Team Canada...players that make me sick by their play

Old
12-12-2010, 02:21 PM
RainingRats

The Tootoo hit was completely clean. It looks like he let up a bit too (probably because he didn't want to crash into the boards).

Old
12-12-2010, 07:36 PM
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
The Tootoo hit was completely clean. It looks like he let up a bit too (probably because he didn't want to crash into the boards).
Yeah, nothing wrong with it. It wasn't a blindside hit and it wasn't to the head. Frolik just has to keep his head up there.

Old
12-12-2010, 07:49 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
The puck hopped over his stick, and there is no way Tootoo notices that a split second before making contact. Shouldn't have been a penalty. Still don't know what Vokoun was thinking on that hook to the face

I know too well what it's like to be a fan of a team who can't bury the puck. I'm actually surprised we did once, much less three times, against Vokie.
I agree it was a clean hit. Only thing I think could have been called there would be boarding if anything because of the proximity to the boards. Don't know how ref got "Charging" cause Tootoo never left his feet.

Refs more then made up for it though with those 2 BS calls on McKardle. That
"Charging" call on the icing was really bad cause McKardle didn't even touch the Nashville player.

Closed Thread