HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Canadiens recall Max Pacioretty

Old
12-12-2010, 06:26 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithson876 View Post
True enough. I like Lappy... and Pyatt... and Moen lol. Tough choice for sure. Martin will never bench Moen though. So it has got to be either Pyatt or Lapps
Yeah, good point. I would choose lappy then, just because Pyatt crucial to our PK

StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 06:27 PM
Craig71

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
I would have left him down, since he's stated on numerous occasions that he feels the longer he stays in Hamilton, the better prepared he'll be for the NHL (he said that again earlier today in an interview on CBC).

But I'm excited to see how he'll do. If he's only going to get 8-10 minutes a game I'm hoping they send him down after 2-3 games.
He wants to stay in Hamilton for the remainder of the season. I think he is being recalled for a 2-3 game experiment to see if is game is now more suited for the NHL level. He will be played in the top six and if successful there will be no trade, if not, he will go back to Hamilton and a trade will be made for a top six player and my imaginary sources tell me the player will be...............Jamie Langenbrunner.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 06:31 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
What part of "I'd like to spend the rest of the season here" doesn't the team understand ?

Everyone knows Martin will use him on the 4th line with Lapierre and Pyatt FFS
And, what part of he doesnt have a say doesnt he understand ?

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 06:33 PM
clarke19

We don't have a game for 3 days, so its a little weird he's being called up now and might miss games in Hamilton.

I guess its worth it to practice with the team.

clarke19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 06:34 PM
Stradale

Who will play on the 2nd pp unit? Darche or maxpac? Id say Darche.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 06:40 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
What part of "I'd like to spend the rest of the season here" doesn't the team understand ?

Everyone knows Martin will use him on the 4th line with Lapierre and Pyatt FFS
Wasn't the full quote something more along the lines of I rather stay in the AHL than be a 4th liner?

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 06:47 PM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
And, what part of he doesnt have a say doesnt he understand ?
lol. Seriously. Are we really going to allow players dictate the terms of their development and playing time?

m00ks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 06:49 PM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
He wants to stay in Hamilton for the remainder of the season. I think he is being recalled for a 2-3 game experiment to see if is game is now more suited for the NHL level. He will be played in the top six and if successful there will be no trade, if not, he will go back to Hamilton and a trade will be made for a top six player and my imaginary sources tell me the player will be...............Jamie Langenbrunner.
I tend to agree with this. I too speculate that it's an evaluation process to see if the Habs can fill a void from within the organization. If Pacioretty works then there is more money to work on the D. Even with Spacek in the lineup another top 4 D would be very nice. It also allows Eller and Pouliot to develop their talents on the third line without too much pressure.

C'mon, Pacioretty........you can do this. What a boost it would be for now and the future.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 06:52 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I would have called up DD for real as well. MaxPac will miss him.
Because Plekanec, Gomez, Eller and Halpern aren't as good???

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 06:52 PM
Nedved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metropolitsky View Post
Same people that were calling him a bust 3 month ago now want him to play 18min a game
lol. I want names!!!

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 06:53 PM
Kriss E

I'm guessing Spacek is out and Weber is on D if MaxPac plays.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 06:54 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy33Clutch View Post
Yeah, good point. I would choose lappy then, just because Pyatt crucial to our PK
This whole situation is really odd i find. Sure we lost the last 2 games but the team has been playing pretty well, for the most part. This basically means that we will sit Pyatt or Lapierre for the majority of the remainder of the season barring injuries. at 18-10, I find this a very proactive move for someone like Martin and Gauthier. Because lets face it, the last thing they'll do is start benching Pacioretty once he gets up here. I heard from another poster that Pacioretty is up to stay according to the owner of the Bulldogs, so he's basically taking someone's roster spot, period. It really begs the question: is there a trade coming? And if not, doesn't this seem like a super desperate move, especially if you haven't even given Pouliot (who i think is playing really well) another shot in the top 6. I thought the idea was to give Pacioretty a whole year in the AHL to hone his game. I sincerely hope this move was not made prematurely...

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 06:57 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
DD and MaxPac are one of the best duos in the AHL, making them play together would only be natural. It has nothing to do with Plek or Eller or Gomez.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 06:57 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Well Eller has a line already and I doubt it's broken up. Plekanec has 3 wingers he has to play with or they don't produce. Gomez is worse than Ryan Russell. And Halpern is a great bottom-6 forward, but won't exactly help Patches.

Patches is a goal-scorer. He needs a set-up man. Halpern gets his points by grinding it out. Patches gets his goals from good passes. DD, Pleks, and Eller are the centres he'd work with. Too bad 2 of them are taken and one isn't on the team right now.

If you think Gomez is that good, that's your opinion. I think playing Gomez with Patches with in all likelihood kill Patches confidence as well as Martin's in Patches.

Gomez would have to basically double his production just to be having a below-average season. Right now, he's produced less than Mathieu Darche, who's played 4-less games.

We have 6 guys who are minus players.

4 of them are non-offensive, grinder, defensive type players and the other is Dustin Boyd. Guess who #6 is? Scott Gomez.

Gomez is also #5 in F/O % (20+ faceoffs). He's behind Halpern, Pyatt, Plekanec, and Lapierre.

Last edited by One Man Rock Band: 12-12-2010 at 07:02 PM.
One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 07:00 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Pacs-Gomez-Gionta

if he can do the job come trade deadline trade for a d-men, if not trade for a top6 winger

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 07:05 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy33Clutch View Post
It's only your opinoon that Pyatt is an irreplaceable penalty killer. The Habs could dispense with him if it came down to choosing him or someone with greater offensive skills.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 07:07 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
Pacs-Gomez-Gionta

if he can do the job come trade deadline trade for a d-men, if not trade for a top6 winger
How do you know Pacioretty won't become a top 6 wing? However, right now the Habs need a solid Dman more than they do another wing. They also have a greater need for Gomez to rev up his engine.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 07:10 PM
Bullsmith

Do we know this isn't just a christmas reward for his great play and he's actually going to be in the lineup? DD was called up and sent down already this weekend. I presume with Spacek and Gomez possibly out, that he'll play. Calling him up today gives him something of a real window to get some practice in before the Wed/Thurs games.

If Patches actually contributes and finds a slot on the team, anyone think Marinaro will stop slagging the Eller trade on the grounds that we "needed a winger, not a center?" It's got to be one of the stupidest arguments I've ever heard. 20 years without size and depth at center and suddenly we get one and all the guy can say is "he's not a winger." Really? Wingers are more valuable than centers now? Teh stoopid, it burrrrrrrns.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 07:11 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
It's only your opinoon that Pyatt is an irreplaceable penalty killer. The Habs could dispense with him if it came down to choosing him or someone with greater offensive skills.
There's a reason he leads our forwards in PK time. He's that good, IMO and obviously in Martin's opinion.

Lapierre brings a slight bit more offense, but isn't as useful on the PK. Greanted, he's our agitator but we don't necessarily need that.

I love Moen, but I'd try to trade him in a deal somewhere. I'm sure he could bring back a respectable prospect and/or draft pick. He's a key piece for a Stanley Cup winning team.. but we have so much depth on the bottom lines that someone is expendable. Pyatt is great on the PK. Darche is playing too well. Lapierre is our agitator and Moen is our "fighter". One of the last two are expendable.. especially if Lapierre grows a set and starts to fight a bit more.

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 07:29 PM
Habiton

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
There's a reason he leads our forwards in PK time. He's that good, IMO and obviously in Martin's opinion.

Lapierre brings a slight bit more offense, but isn't as useful on the PK. Greanted, he's our agitator but we don't necessarily need that.

I love Moen, but I'd try to trade him in a deal somewhere. I'm sure he could bring back a respectable prospect and/or draft pick. He's a key piece for a Stanley Cup winning team.. but we have so much depth on the bottom lines that someone is expendable. Pyatt is great on the PK. Darche is playing too well. Lapierre is our agitator and Moen is our "fighter". One of the last two are expendable.. especially if Lapierre grows a set and starts to fight a bit more.
Depth wins cups, I would say hold off on trading anyone. Scratch Laps or even Darche (Becomes expendable now) and roll this:

Cammy - Pleks - AK
Patches - Gomez - Gio (Remember the problem with this line? Patches is our soln)
Pouls - Eller - Moen/Darch (Crease crashers )
Pyatt - Halpern - Laps/Moen

We could very easily roll 3-4 lines. I love our line-up! I just hope we can bounce back, those losses were terrible efforts .

Habiton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 07:30 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post

Having guys like Darche, Pyatt, Lapierre and Boyd in our bottom six isn't that deep that we should be talking about trading Moen. Moen not only eats up quite a few minutes on the PK but he's one of our few players who will fight and stick up for his teammates. Even if White was healthy it'd still be stupid to trade Moen considering the lack of grit our team has.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 07:35 PM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Matin went to see the game today and was like "**** it, i want this guy on my roster."

I'm really hoping the line-up will be

Cammalleri-Plekanec-Kostitsyn
Maxpac-Gomez-Gionta
Pouliot-Eller-Darche
Moen-Halpern-Lappierre

That would our best line-up in a very, VERY long time.
Right answer, but if Gomez can't go? Halpern up to the 2nd line and Pyatt coming in on the 4th. And if Gomez can't go, I might even switch Maxpac and Cammalleri. I'd rather Plekanec with Maxpac to give him instant confidence than a stand in 2nd line center in Halpern even if he is playing well.

Last edited by Ginu: 12-12-2010 at 07:40 PM.
Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 07:42 PM
crystal ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
We're not talking about drafting, we're talking about development. Patches was rushed to the league under Gainey, but left in Hamilton, until now, by Gauthier.
I'm not buying that. The difference is the team is much better now and doesn't need its prospects pushed to the NHL so quickly to fill holes. Pacioretty was brought in at 19 because the Canadiens didn't really have many scoring options. Now, after Gainey's summer shopping spree two years ago, they have more talent on board and can afford to wait for the young guys to develop.

crystal ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 07:43 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
How do you know Pacioretty won't become a top 6 wing? However, right now the Habs need a solid Dman more than they do another wing. They also have a greater need for Gomez to rev up his engine.
I'm not saying is not going to be a top6 winger

I sure hope he can do the job the Habs need two scoring line.

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 07:46 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

i wonder if they'll send him down in a few hours.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote