HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Alex Frolov to be "showcased"

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-12-2010, 10:11 AM
  #76
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist
 
Riche16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Dee View Post
Latest rumor says Rangers desperately trying to move Frolov but nobody wants him: http://www.nyrangersblog.com/2010-ar...ve-frolov.html
He's got a game that only his mother could love and even she's skeptical that he can contribute again.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 05:43 PM
  #77
haveandare
Registered User
 
haveandare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 5,739
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
I disagree with this. Every team needs to have an identity and torts is still trying to mold his with the Rangers. If a player doesnt want to conform to a team identity than get him off that team. As you can see from the devils situation here, just because you add an elite player to a team doesnt mean its going to make them better. Hockey is a team sport and as homer as this sounds there really is no I in team.

Building a team around guys that subscribe to torts gameplan or any coach for that matter is exactly the correct way of doing things imo. There will just be some players that fit that mold, (such as elite players like gaborik) and there will be some talented ones that dont (frolov, zherdev etc)

I want guys on this team who want to be here and do what it takes to fit into the chemistry of what is going to make this team one big cohesive unit.
Well said. I agree whole heartedly. God forbid they get rid of players that don't want to subscribe to the team philosophy of playing hard.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 08:51 PM
  #78
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Zherdev + Walker (3.7) + 4th
for
Frolov (3.0)


Lavi doesnt like Z, Torts doesnt like Frolov. Walker to even out cap, pick to make up for Walker

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 08:56 PM
  #79
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Zherdev + Walker (3.7) + 4th
for
Frolov (3.0)


Lavi doesnt like Z, Torts doesnt like Frolov. Walker to even out cap, pick to make up for Walker
I'd do it in a heartbeat, but unfortunately, Tortorella doesn't like Zherdev, either.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 09:06 PM
  #80
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,580
vCash: 500
Yeah. I think Torts likes Zherdev even less than he likes Frolov.

Also, for what it's worth, i think Fro might have found his niche on the Prust-Boyle-Frolov line. He's looked much better playing with them in these last two games then he has for most of the season.

BlueshirtBlitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 09:13 PM
  #81
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard
 
Wraparounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Zherdev + Walker (3.7) + 4th
for
Frolov (3.0)


Lavi doesnt like Z, Torts doesnt like Frolov. Walker to even out cap, pick to make up for Walker
As much as I would love to say yes, Torts hate Zherdev much more than he dislikes Frolov.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 09:15 PM
  #82
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 54,933
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Zherdev + Walker (3.7) + 4th
for
Frolov (3.0)


Lavi doesnt like Z, Torts doesnt like Frolov. Walker to even out cap, pick to make up for Walker
YES PL0X. But alas, Torts hates Z for some reason.

__________________

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 09:17 PM
  #83
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 22,753
vCash: 500
Awards:
He looks okay at times. However, this point was his first in 11 games. We're not paying him to notch an assist every couple weeks. The sooner he's gone, the better. I have no more patience for him.

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 10:28 PM
  #84
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 8,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
He looks okay at times. However, this point was his first in 11 games. We're not paying him to notch an assist every couple weeks. The sooner he's gone, the better. I have no more patience for him.
Agreed. Hes looked fine on that 3rd line but I honestly think avery could do a better job with Prust and Boyle.

I think the only reason Fro is even on the third is because he needs playing time so we can dump him. Hopefully he starts putting up some points and a team is willing to drop a 3rd rounder for him.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 10:45 PM
  #85
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,889
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
As much as I would love to say yes, Torts hate Zherdev much more than he dislikes Frolov.
Torts hates Z's entire game.

Frolov is much more a Torts player, even when he isnt scoring. Good puck possesion, a little physicality. He may not like it, but Fro is an asset on the bottom 6. Z isn't.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:45 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.