Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Müller signes with the Leafs

Old
07-14-2010, 04:14 PM
ts

vCash: 500
Müller signes with the Leafs

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=534398

Müller just signed a 2 year entry level contract with the Leafs.

As a German Leaf fan I'm just happy he will get his shot with us, I hope he can adjust to the NHL

ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 03:12 AM
Salzig
I am laudable.

Good for him but bad for my local team. I wish him well and I really hope that he makes the NHL one day.

Salzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 04:54 AM
fuechsken

So he finally signs an NHL contract. Bad for Cologne, as Salzig said, and the DEL loses one of its best German wingers. Now let's just hope he makes it to the NHL.

fuechsken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 12:29 PM
JVR
HeadHitsAreNotIllega

So do you think Marcel will ever socre a point for the Marlies, lol?

After the good pre-season the AHL season so far can only be classified as a major disappointment for him.

Holzer has the worst +/- of all defenders and no points as well.

JVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 03:16 PM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR View Post
So do you think Marcel will ever socre a point for the Marlies, lol?

After the good pre-season the AHL season so far can only be classified as a major disappointment for him.

Holzer has the worst +/- of all defenders and no points as well.
Both have been solid and have fallen victim to a weak Marlies team. In the first five or so games Mueller hit 6-7 posts and set up players many times that couldn't finish.

Holzer has also been good as well. Don't look into +/-, he plays fairly big minutes for the team and the Marlies have had some poor goaltending so far. I think this is proven by the fact that he has been called up to the Leafs now that Phaneuf is injured. The Leafs have plenty of depth on D, but clearly Holzer has done something right.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 08:59 AM
smitty10

Hey guys, just thought I'd update you on how Mueller and Holzer are doing for the Leafs.

Mueller scored his first AHL hattrick yesterday in a 7-4 win over Cleveland. He now had 5 goals and 5 assists on the year and has been playing better each game that I've seen. He tends to go to the front of the net now and actually use his size to screen the goalie, rather than playing the perimeter game that he was playing. If he has finally found his scoring touch then I would not be surprised to see him get a couple NHL games under his belt this season.

Holzer scored his first AHL goal last night and has been playing on the Marlies first defense pairing for most of the season. He got called up to the Leafs for two games already this season and didn't look out of place. He is playing more physical now. Holzer reminds me of Chrisoph Schubert, but with much more hockey sense. He reads the game well and is using his size to his advantage. I wouldn't be surprised to see him make the Leafs out of camp next year if he keeps up this progression.

Does anyone have any updates on Jerome Flaake?

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 07:48 AM
Maverick41

vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Hey guys, just thought I'd update you on how Mueller and Holzer are doing for the Leafs.

Mueller scored his first AHL hattrick yesterday in a 7-4 win over Cleveland. He now had 5 goals and 5 assists on the year and has been playing better each game that I've seen. He tends to go to the front of the net now and actually use his size to screen the goalie, rather than playing the perimeter game that he was playing. If he has finally found his scoring touch then I would not be surprised to see him get a couple NHL games under his belt this season.

Holzer scored his first AHL goal last night and has been playing on the Marlies first defense pairing for most of the season. He got called up to the Leafs for two games already this season and didn't look out of place. He is playing more physical now. Holzer reminds me of Chrisoph Schubert, but with much more hockey sense. He reads the game well and is using his size to his advantage. I wouldn't be surprised to see him make the Leafs out of camp next year if he keeps up this progression.

Does anyone have any updates on Jerome Flaake?
Thanks for the update. I check the stats of both Mueller and Holzer, as well as all other German players in North America regularly, but it is always nice to get some information from people who actually see them play.

As far as Flaake goes, I'm afraid I won't be of much help, since I don't understand hockey well enough yet to give an accurate assessment of his skils. But for what it's worth my two cents on him:
He has 2 goals and 7 assists in 23 games so far for Hamburg who are in last place in the DEL, and I think he is playing mostly on the 2nd or 3rd line. His ice time has definitely increased compared to his time in Cologne, although I don't have the actual numbers. The sample size of the games I've actually seen him play ist not so big (only 3) but from what I've seen I think his skating has improved a little, but he is not using his size enough. Though I don't think the DEL is the place where he can learn that. Hopefully he will head to North America next season, though it will be a big step for him.
He has also made his first appearance for the national team during the Deutschland Cup in the game against Slovakia, and he didn't look too bad.

Maybe some of the more knowledgable German hockey fans can shed some more light on his development.

Maverick41 is offline   Reply With Quote