HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TH Season 8.33; Season of the Fustercluck

Closed Thread

Old
12-13-2010, 08:59 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

vCash: 500
My backup's morale was dropping and I wanted to get him some time. Put him in against a crappy team, gets a 5-0 shutout. Now my starter is rested. Can't complain about that.

Old
12-13-2010, 09:30 AM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
3-0 win. Big ones coming up on Wednesday and Thursday. Hopefully I get 2 w's so I can rest my starter on Friday.

Old
12-13-2010, 10:05 AM
agrudez*

Some ***hole from 1.1 outbid me on Touzin after I went to bed.

Psh, US 1.1, like Touzin wants to play there.

I cut a dman, traded a dman and cut a 4M winger to free up 7M in cap space for him. Now I am forced to play a dman on my 4th line who is <70 EPA!! (at least until his morale gets back up) A black day indeed.

Old
12-13-2010, 11:39 AM
L-train*

Send a message via AIM to L-train*
4-3 loss while my team is in a state of upheaval due to massive shuffling required to get Miler onto my team.

Old
12-13-2010, 11:43 AM
ziotree

won 7-0

prob my best and biggest win since i joined

my 3rd line was amazing although it was against a computer opponent

just to let you guys know i will prob be going all out for this guy

http://trophyhockey.org/player.php?i...ortlist=574381

hopefully he doesnt get too expensive but i will pay my absolute maximum

Old
12-13-2010, 11:49 AM
agrudez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziotree View Post
won 7-0

prob my best and biggest win since i joined

my 3rd line was amazing although it was against a computer opponent

just to let you guys know i will prob be going all out for this guy

http://trophyhockey.org/player.php?i...ortlist=574381

hopefully he doesnt get too expensive but i will pay my absolute maximum
I was considering the remote possibility of going after him. He isn't very high on my list, though, so he is all yours, but could you just let me know if you bow out of the bidding?

Old
12-13-2010, 11:49 AM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
1-0 for Westfield's first shutout.

I shuffled my 3rd and 4th lines/pairing around to make some room for Lipsanen. I had a few guys on the wrong side of 30 that were getting overpaid.

But now I will have two legitimately good top 2 lines.

Old
12-13-2010, 11:57 AM
ziotree

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
I was considering the remote possibility of going after him. He isn't very high on my list, though, so he is all yours, but could you just let me know if you bow out of the bidding?
cheers mate

what is the situation with flex???

can we go into it and stay in it throughout the season??

just that im sure i read that some teams where operating in their flex and not even getting penalised.

if i go for that guy im pretty sure ill have to go in my flex as i cant see him going for cheap

I will have 7million with my flex so if the bidding goes over 7million you can have him mate as 7mill is my max

Old
12-13-2010, 12:08 PM
agrudez*

Quote:
cheers mate

what is the situation with flex???

can we go into it and stay in it throughout the season??

just that im sure i read that some teams where operating in their flex and not even getting penalised.

if i go for that guy im pretty sure ill have to go in my flex as i cant see him going for cheap

I will have 7million with my flex so if the bidding goes over 7million you can have him mate as 7mill is my max
You can go into your flex and stay there all season, but SUPPOSEDLY you will get a smaller wage budget next season. I say supposedly because there has been no confirmation of this by anyone who has been playing this game for a long time.

Btw, I wouldn't go more than 4M (maybe 5 if there is noone else out there) for him. He is good, but not a game breaker, imo. Also, there will likely be a TON more FA's coming into the market either later today or tommorrow because this is the deadline to hit your budget. Computer teams especially will be stripped of their stars soon.

Old
12-13-2010, 12:26 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

I lost again...wdf

Old
12-13-2010, 12:26 PM
ziotree

Quote:
You can go into your flex and stay there all season, but SUPPOSEDLY you will get a smaller wage budget next season. I say supposedly because there has been no confirmation of this by anyone who has been playing this game for a long time.

Btw, I wouldn't go more than 4M (maybe 5 if there is noone else out there) for him. He is good, but not a game breaker, imo. Also, there will likely be a TON more FA's coming into the market either later today or tommorrow because this is the deadline to hit your budget. Computer teams especially will be stripped of their stars soon.
cheers mate.

thats what confuses me though. you say i can go in my flex AND stay there all season yet you mention there will prob be more free agents coming as people hit their budget but why would they need to hit their budget if you can go and stay in your flex???

or do you mean people that are over there flex? is this even possible?

Old
12-13-2010, 12:27 PM
L-train*

You can go over your wage budget by 5%. That is the flex. No more than 5% over the wage budget is allowed via trading or FA signings, but you can get over that 5% when your players get their yearly raises.

Old
12-13-2010, 12:48 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Hmm really leaning towards going to a Japan 2.3 team...

Old
12-13-2010, 12:53 PM
L-train*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Coward.

Was forced to trade Bolden for Miler in order to get around some stupid ****ing thing Nik overlooked... you're not allowed to propose a trade where the other team doesn't have enough available cap space for just the player they'd be receiving... without factoring in the cap space they're sending back.

IE;

I have $2.8 in cap available. Miler would cost me $4.1ish, therefore I can't bring him in until I have $4.1 available. Since the player I was trading for him had a $1.7m cap hit (That's $4.5m freed to bring him in, for those of you that can't count) it should have been allowed for the other dude to submit it, but it won't let him because the game doesn't realize I'm sending $1.7m out.

Cliff notes; Nik is a dumbass that doesn't have salaries calculated for both incoming and outgoing players when you submit a trade to another team... only for your team.

On the upside, I'll be getting Bolden back after the trade goes through, because I have Aadnekvam, which is who he wanted originally... I suppose there's a chance he shafts me and keeps Bolden, though... That would irk me.

Old
12-13-2010, 01:06 PM
agrudez*

Quote:
cheers mate.

thats what confuses me though. you say i can go in my flex AND stay there all season yet you mention there will prob be more free agents coming as people hit their budget but why would they need to hit their budget if you can go and stay in your flex???

or do you mean people that are over there flex? is this even possible?
Sorry, I should have been clearer. The teams that will have their players stripped from them are over the wage budget+flex from the season update wage adjustments for their players.

Those teams usually lose their star players, too, which will make FA very interesting coming up. I expect >100 80+ EPA players and only a handful of teams with any cap space left to make a pitch for them.

Old
12-13-2010, 01:24 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
Algeria.

Old
12-13-2010, 02:04 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

F this. Im going back to my old lineups that worked last season.

Old
12-13-2010, 02:06 PM
magritte

Quote:
the more the merrier its pretty easy to build a great team in japan, guys with EPAs in the high 60s and low 70s are very cheap and plenty and theres very little competition for them from other countries. japan has a really good economy for its talent level and i've only had one bidding war.

keep in mind you will be simply shredding CPU teams most days. The rest of the human HC's seem to be building scary teams as well so there are some competitive matches but they're well spread out.

Old
12-13-2010, 02:08 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by magritte View Post
the more the merrier its pretty easy to build a great team in japan, guys with EPAs in the high 60s and low 70s are very cheap and plenty and theres very little competition for them from other countries. japan has a really good economy for its talent level and i've only had one bidding war.

keep in mind you will be simply shredding CPU teams most days. The rest of the human HC's seem to be building scary teams as well so there are some competitive matches but they're well spread out.
I think Im going to wait it out till Friday. If my team doesnt change, or this doesnt get alittle more exciting (I think I might just be bored of my team), Ill switch. I have a team I like there anyway.

Old
12-13-2010, 02:09 PM
Valhoun*

Quote:
Those teams usually lose their star players, too, which will make FA very interesting coming up. I expect >100 80+ EPA players and only a handful of teams with any cap space left to make a pitch for them.
I don't think it will be that bad. Remember that Nik lowered wages this season and most teams saw a fairly dramatic decrease.

I thought about waiting instead of overpaying but I don't want to finalize my roster in a week or even two. I'd rather have it done now.

Now, I may go for a cheap 1M player or two if there are 80 EPA guys going for that little.

Old
12-13-2010, 02:16 PM
agrudez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
I don't think it will be that bad. Remember that Nik lowered wages this season and most teams saw a fairly dramatic decrease.

I thought about waiting instead of overpaying but I don't want to finalize my roster in a week or even two. I'd rather have it done now.

Now, I may go for a cheap 1M player or two if there are 80 EPA guys going for that little.
I am sure 80+ EPA guys will still have a 3M+ market, from their starting wages if nothing else.

Btw, nice pick up in Lispanen. It seems a bit overpriced, but he has such a good stat distribution and centers with EPAs that high are the rarest thing in the game.

Old
12-13-2010, 02:38 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Some ***hole from 1.1 outbid me on Touzin after I went to bed.

Psh, US 1.1, like Touzin wants to play there.

I cut a dman, traded a dman and cut a 4M winger to free up 7M in cap space for him. Now I am forced to play a dman on my 4th line who is <70 EPA!! (at least until his morale gets back up) A black day indeed.
There is a pretty equivalent guy that just popped on to the list. Go for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villedelphia View Post
haha sweet, did you go to the BU game yesterday?
I caught the end of it on the NHL network. I'm pretty pumped about that win and the team in general this season. They were never especially good when I was there. Kind of surprising they're having so much success with D'Amigo and Pirri gone and JFK battling that injury.

Old
12-13-2010, 02:40 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
I lost again...wdf
What do you expect? USA 1.1 actually has good teams in it. Quite a few of them actually.

Your team, as currently constructed, is a bit "top-heavy" and will run into problems with good goalies and deep squads.

Old
12-13-2010, 02:44 PM
Valhoun*

Quote:
I am sure 80+ EPA guys will still have a 3M+ market, from their starting wages if nothing else.

Btw, nice pick up in Lispanen. It seems a bit overpriced, but he has such a good stat distribution and centers with EPAs that high are the rarest thing in the game.
If he was just a winger I wouldn't have spend that much. But he will be my top line center now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
What do you expect? USA 1.1 actually has good teams in it. Quite a few of them actually.

Your team, as currently constructed, is a bit "top-heavy" and will run into problems with good goalies and deep squads.
I can't wait til I am in 1.1 and going 30-15 is an admirable goal.

Old
12-13-2010, 02:45 PM
weber72

Send a message via Skype™ to weber72
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
My backup's morale was dropping and I wanted to get him some time. Put him in against a crappy team, gets a 5-0 shutout. Now my starter is rested. Can't complain about that.
Mine was as well, so I started him against a computer team. 7-5 loss. Curses.

Closed Thread