HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sather Gives Kennedy Permission to Seek a Trade

Old
12-12-2010, 09:21 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 500
Kennedy to the Devils for a 7th.

First NYR-NJD trade ever.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 09:53 PM
Rangers44*

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
Guess the writing was on the wall in the Whale intro video. Guy looked like he was ready to throw something at the camera and storm off.
??? What is this about? link?

Rangers44* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 11:05 PM
pld459666

useless signing of a marginal player.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 11:08 PM
NYR Viper

Sucks he wants to leave, but if he is being a cancer, just get rid of him. White will be down there soon, although Kennedy is the better player.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 11:19 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

What I don't understand about the guys who think it's so horrendous we sent TK down instead of White...is that White is and TK would've been sent down anyway.

Who else are we sending down to make room for Drury and Prospal? And we're not sending those guys down.

Prust, Boyle, Feds, Avery, hell, even EC have been too good to send down to make room for Drury. Add that to Prospal coming back and we'll probably have to get rid of EC, too.

And yes, I would rather have Prust, Boyle, Feds and Avery on this roster over what i've seen from Tim Kennedy. He hasn't proven that they made such a horrible choice in sending him down.

This is a case of you guys taking something marginal and blowing it up.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 11:33 PM
Rangers44*

Kennedy is a good all around player, he would be really useful unlike White and Boogaard and Christensen.

Rangers44* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 11:40 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
How do we know he feels slighted? He probably just wants an opportunity to make an NHL roster, and he knows it's not coming here. He's playing for his livelihood.
Well, the expression on his face in that Whale video isn't very positive. I don't know, I don't have any info on it. In this case, it's just a feeling I get. But I never liked him to begin with. I always thought he looked like a whiny little you know what every time I watched him play, even back in his college days.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 11:57 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
What I don't understand about the guys who think it's so horrendous we sent TK down instead of White...is that White is and TK would've been sent down anyway.

Who else are we sending down to make room for Drury and Prospal? And we're not sending those guys down.

Prust, Boyle, Feds, Avery, hell, even EC have been too good to send down to make room for Drury. Add that to Prospal coming back and we'll probably have to get rid of EC, too.

And yes, I would rather have Prust, Boyle, Feds and Avery on this roster over what i've seen from Tim Kennedy. He hasn't proven that they made such a horrible choice in sending him down.

This is a case of you guys taking something marginal and blowing it up.
Exactly. Plus, Kennedy hasn't done anything in the minors to make the organization regret its decision. White may just be a warm body until a better player comes back from injury, but Kennedy probably would not have done much more with the ice time.

Brooklyn Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 04:22 AM
Jxmarts

I don't understand the love affair with Tim Kennedy. Doesn't it raise a red flag when a team like Buffalo lets go of a 24 year-old for nothing? No, he's not 21 as somebody stated above. Then on top of that every NHL team passed on him when he cleared waivers.

And it's not as if he's tearing up the AHL. Is he as good as Corey Locke or PA Parenteau? Kris Newbury, Chad Kolarik, MZA or Jeremy Williams? Maybe, maybe not... but he's not even scoring as much as they do or have done in the AHL.

Todd White's contract is here because we traded Brashear + Rissmiller for him. Had we not traded Brashear, we'd be obligated to count his contract against the salary cap. Not so with White. If we need the cap space, we can send him down at any time.

I don't know. Maybe White is here because the coaching staff felt he'd be a better fit in the press box than an unhappy Kennedy. A veteran presence for a young team? We say Kennedy is a "Torts kind of guy," but wouldn't Torts be a better judge of that?

Jxmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 07:44 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jxmarts View Post
I don't understand the love affair with Tim Kennedy. Doesn't it raise a red flag when a team like Buffalo lets go of a 24 year-old for nothing? No, he's not 21 as somebody stated above. Then on top of that every NHL team passed on him when he cleared waivers.

And it's not as if he's tearing up the AHL. Is he as good as Corey Locke or PA Parenteau? Kris Newbury, Chad Kolarik, MZA or Jeremy Williams? Maybe, maybe not... but he's not even scoring as much as they do or have done in the AHL.

Todd White's contract is here because we traded Brashear + Rissmiller for him. Had we not traded Brashear, we'd be obligated to count his contract against the salary cap. Not so with White. If we need the cap space, we can send him down at any time.

I don't know. Maybe White is here because the coaching staff felt he'd be a better fit in the press box than an unhappy Kennedy. A veteran presence for a young team? We say Kennedy is a "Torts kind of guy," but wouldn't Torts be a better judge of that?
Why would White complain about playing time?He is at the end of his career making $2.6 million this season. That contract is the only reason why White is playing in North America right now. The Rangers are taking a daily cap hit of nearly $13k. He has been a healthy scratch for half of the games and barely plays when he is dressed. Torts admitted he has no role for White who has cost the Rangers $870,000 so far this season. Brashear would have cost $1.3 million against the cap if he was assigned to an AHL team. Rissmiller was going to the AHL. Management should have assigned White to the AHL and kept Kennedy and his $550,000 cap hit.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 10:00 AM
Jxmarts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Why would White complain about playing time?He is at the end of his career making $2.6 million this season. That contract is the only reason why White is playing in North America right now. The Rangers are taking a daily cap hit of nearly $13k. He has been a healthy scratch for half of the games and barely plays when he is dressed. Torts admitted he has no role for White who has cost the Rangers $870,000 so far this season. Brashear would have cost $1.3 million against the cap if he was assigned to an AHL team. Rissmiller was going to the AHL. Management should have assigned White to the AHL and kept Kennedy and his $550,000 cap hit.
Yes, there's no reason for White to complain about ice time. And yes, he has no role on the team. Exactly why he's fine as a healthy scratch in the press box.

The Brashear contract is a trade off. It's less, but unlike White's it has to remain on the books for the whole season. I'm not one who's eager to bring in more veterans to replace Ranger youth on the ice. So I'm not as concerned about White's daily cap hit as some others here are.

The fact that White remains on the roster lends me to believe that he's there because he gives a young team a veteran presence in the locker room at least until Drury & Prospal return. Once Torts decided Kennedy wasn't going crack the top 12 & play regulary (and apparently every other NHL team agreed), it didn't make sense to keep him. You know he would've been unhappy & I still have to ask why Buffalo let him go. Teams just don't let go of young, relatively cheap players unless there's a reason.

Jxmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 10:05 AM
TheRedressor

Kid was supposed to be our 4th line center. That was agreed upon from him and management. Brian Boyle comes in and takes the job away. Simple as that.

You were out performed in the workplace.....you're not getting promoted to the big club. Get over it.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 12:07 PM
Osminator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedressor View Post
Kid was supposed to be our 4th line center. That was agreed upon from him and management. Brian Boyle comes in and takes the job away. Simple as that.

You were out performed in the workplace.....you're not getting promoted to the big club. Get over it.
Best post in this thread, agree 100%...

I've maybe missed a total of 5 Whalepack games this years... and 75% of the games I've watched, I had to pull up the scoresheet on the AHL website to see if Kennedy was even dressed, that's how invisible the guy is...

Osminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 01:06 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Dubinsky, Callahan, Anisimov, Stepan, Staal, Gilroy, MDZ, Sauer.

The Rangers are a very young team, you need some vets you can plug in to give you some minutes. Im ok with White being here as long as our guys like Drury and Prospal were injured. Once Drury and Boogaard comes back, THEN he has to go.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 10:56 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Sent: Dec 14, 2010 11:48a

Sather:NYR have NOT told Tim Kennedy or agent they would put him on re-entry for trade. "Not a chance" GM tells Post.

sent via web
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/NYP_Brooksie/stat...23396780687360

Old
12-14-2010, 11:14 AM
TreeSapLlama

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Sent: Dec 14, 2010 11:48a

Sather:NYR have NOT told Tim Kennedy or agent they would put him on re-entry for trade. "Not a chance" GM tells Post.

sent via web
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/NYP_Brooksie/stat...23396780687360
Not surprising. Rangers would rather pay him full salary and no cap hit to help the Wolfpack then pay him half salary, half cap hit, to hurt the big squad.

TreeSapLlama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 11:17 AM
mullichicken25

might be some interest now that we're into the season and teams have to account for injuries

we'll get nothing of value in return though

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 12:58 PM
AJRanger

andystrickland
To say the Rangers have not told Tim Kennedy he can seek a trade is inaccurate

AJRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 12:59 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Sather isnt the GM to openly discuss trade negotiations.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 01:53 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJRanger View Post
andystrickland
To say the Rangers have not told Tim Kennedy he can seek a trade is inaccurate
Strickland fails to mention Kennedy needs to clear re-entry waivers to play in the NHL this season.