HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Players had a say to Subban being scratched

Old
12-12-2010, 04:01 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosti46 View Post

I agree.

As I have said many times on these boards JM is terrible at helping our young rookies develop. What young players have played exceptionally well with the Habs since he has been coach?

Anyone?

Who has had a hard time with JM as coach?

Lats, S. Kosti, A. Kosti, Pac, Price, Eller, the list goes on and on. JM is a hard axxx as a coach. He is too much into punishment.

I for one would be happy with a new coach. One who knows how to help young players develop confidence...not lose it.
Ak overall play is way better this year because of Martin
Price play like a top5 goalie right now,last year was great for his devellopment
Eller play well right now because Martin manage him the right way
MaxPac wasn't ready to play on a top6 so he play in Hamilton
Pouliot look like Nhl player for the first time in his career since he's been coach by Martin

Lats and Sergei had ego problem because Carbo mishandled them. Last year Martin didn't have time to babysit them because he had to implant a new state of mind and a new culture to the team. The Habs end up in the Eastern conference final

Like I said before give Sergei and Lats to Martin when they make their first step in the NHL and I'm sure he will have make good Top9 players with both of them within 2 years

Subban will be fine

Last edited by Quarantesix: 12-12-2010 at 04:06 PM.
Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 04:01 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:

I agree.

As I have said many times on these boards JM is terrible at helping our young rookies develop. What young players have played exceptionally well with the Habs since he has been coach?

Anyone?

Lats, S. Kosti, A. Kosti, Pac, Price, Eller, the list goes on and on. JM is a hard axxx as a coach. He is too much into punishment.

I for one would be happy with a new coach. One who knows how to help young players develop confidence...not lose it.
these three, who also happen to be the only three with the Habs right now, seems to be doing just fine...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 04:05 PM
HabsHockey*
Keep Keeping On

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelHabs View Post
Don't agree that it's always good for rookies to sit. Many of you are ignoring the results of his benching. They are not good.

As to the Richard's thread. The link should have been posted. Very few of us are going to spend 15 - 30 minutes searching for the right link.
You should have just read my post then instead of jumping to conclusions and reading what you wanted to. It takes 30 seconds to search btw, not 30 minutes and I'm not gonna do it for you.

The results of his benching is that we won games. I'll take a win any day of the week.

You can't judge PK now that he's been back for 2 games. Do you think that it's now over for him? he should put up his skates cause his confidence is gone? YOU NEED TO RELAX

Quote:

I agree.

Anyone?

You have to watch the games if you are going to post about players.

Last edited by Habs 4 Life: 12-13-2010 at 03:51 PM.
HabsHockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 05:04 PM
BelHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsHockey View Post
You can't judge PK now that he's been back for 2 games. Do you think that it's now over for him? he should put up his skates cause his confidence is gone? YOU NEED TO RELAX
Another sign of a bad argument - misrepresenting what another said. Did you do it on purpose? I said the benching has resulted in a loss of confidence the last 2 games (which anyone who has actually watched the games can easily see). I then said I hope it doesn't persist. How could you miss that? Honestly. Yet you made it sound like I said it's over for him.

Misrepresentation of something that should have been easy to read and understand.

BelHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 05:09 PM
Chazz
HFBoards Sponsor

PK needs to be accepted the way he is.....that is how he will perform at his best!

Chazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 05:12 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Another sign of a bad argument - misrepresenting what another said. Did you do it on purpose? I said the benching has resulted in a loss of confidence the last 2 games (which anyone who has actually watched the games can easily see). I then said I hope it doesn't persist. How could you miss that? Honestly. Yet you made it sound like I said it's over for him.

Misrepresentation of something that should have been easy to read and understand.
how about this :

he didnt lose his confidence at all. He was just somewhat nervous since he wanted to focus more on specific aspect of his game rather than just do what he was used to...

or

my interpretation is wrong since I'm on "the other side" ?

It's nice that you try to help us though, because of you we'll all become better debaters...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 05:17 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz View Post
PK needs to be accepted the way he is.....that is how he will perform at his best!
Meaning ? What is his way ?

Because if you mean a headless chicken on ice... no he won't be a good d-man.

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 05:22 PM
HabsHockey*
Keep Keeping On

Quote:

Check my post of your quote and let me know where you wrote this cause I don't see it anywhere. Maybe you posted it on another page?

Sorry don't want to spend 15-30 minutes searching, you should post link next time or something.

HabsHockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 05:37 PM
habtastic

watching the last two games, I don't think (despite what he uses as an "excuse") he has lost his confidence, rather he is less likely to make risky plays. What IF he coughed up the puck a couple times to the leafs (that shot at the end still bothers me, he was trying to be the hero and make all the bad go away with one shot)? What would everyone be saying now?

The ways in which he wasn't that great last night were not confidence-related things, they were just bad D things. He also did things very well last night. He wasn't as bad as everyone says he was nor was his superstar talent/creativity affected by the benching. Small sample size. I expect him to be very good against Philly (specially) and Boston. You can book that!

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 07:01 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz View Post
Why should he be? He's not performing like an All-Star Dman or even an average NHL man. He's been at least partially responsible for the last 2 losses. If that's his best, then the Habs are safer not using him at all.

Teufelsdreck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 03:20 AM
Ollie Williams

vCash: 356
Quote:

I agree.

Anyone?

Please continue your list because so far it's not helping your point at all.

Ollie Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 06:51 AM
swimmer77
Post Oates

If Spacek is out do you think JM will put Subban with Hamrlik? Seems like the right opportunity even though Weber has been a bit better. Maybe Hamrlik can work some magic and settle down PK since he's the one with the most upside

PK has played against top players most notably in the playoffs. And I thought the Hamrlik / Subban pairing was the best all around pairing the Habs had after Washington. Weber and Picard seemed fine together.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 07:50 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellhabs
Nothing like blowing up a young asset. Jacques Martin, the rookie killer.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...486/story.html

I've just seen him play his 2 worst games of the year. So much for all of those here who said the benching would be a good thing, and wouldn't affect him at all. Having coached at the high school level (I know, it's not pro), I found much better results with being positive, than punishing every little mistake.

I just hope it doesn't last... like it did with O'Brien, Latendresse, and Paccioretty.

One other question: was it Martin who enacted that idiocy with Spezza early on in his career or was that later on?
Talk about going overboard after two games both of which were back to back against one really solid team and the other against a division rival who has had our number for years. Yeah PK didn't play great but to say he's been ruined after 2 games is laughable.

PS: Had Price played we would have won and I get the feeling nobody would have cried about PK's performance had we.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 08:22 AM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Talk about going overboard after two games both of which were back to back against one really solid team and the other against a division rival who has had our number for years. Yeah PK didn't play great but to say he's been ruined after 2 games is laughable.

PS: Had Price played we would have won and I get the feeling nobody would have cried about PK's performance had we.

Highly doubtable. Auld played a decent game, they just had our number. You won't win many games scoring 1 goal. Auld had nothing to do with the loss. We played like crap and didn't deserve to win.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 09:15 AM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
Highly doubtable. Auld played a decent game, they just had our number. You won't win many games scoring 1 goal. Auld had nothing to do with the loss. We played like crap and didn't deserve to win.
Everything you say is true, and there's no way to know, but neither of those goals would have gone in on Price.

He recovered well, but I imagine without the early two goal deficit, this would have been an extremely different game.

Habs played like crap on offense, but so did the Leafs.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 11:33 AM
Kirk Muller

As much as we are focusing on Subban, the fact is his partner in Picard has looked worse and worse the last little while and is showing why he is a 7th defenseman instead of an everyday 6th defenseman.

Also, none of us can dispute how poor Gorges and Gill are starting to look. Are they getting worn down already?? Thats something Montreal needs to be concerned about.

Hammer has been the only real anchor on defense from game one. His game hasn't really dropped despite playing with Spacek whose been average at best this year.

Overall we have seen a drop in play of almost all the defense. The lack of a true minute eating number one defenseman seems to be starting to expose the team.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 01:05 PM
icerocket

Markov's loss is starting to be felt.

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 01:28 PM
number 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Why should he be? He's not performing like an All-Star Dman or even an average NHL man. He's been at least partially responsible for the last 2 losses. If that's his best, then the Habs are safer not using him at all.
He's a rookie nhl defenseman, stop treating him like a veteran that isn't going to make mistakes.

And he was not responsible for the oilers loss, cammaleri just couldn't receive a simple pass in overtime.

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 03:49 PM
BelHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsHockey View Post
Sorry don't want to spend 15-30 minutes searching, you should post link next time or something.
LOL Touche!

BelHabs is offline   Reply With Quote