HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How is Jeff Jillson doing/how does Jeff Jillson look?

Closed Thread

Old
09-22-2003, 02:55 PM
Qubax

vCash: 500
How does Jillson look..?

Is he going to be running the Power PLay this year..?

I hope they let him have it...without Girard or Berard...Boynton's better used on 5 on 5 and Penalty Kill....Kepp Jillson for the PP....

Old
09-22-2003, 03:28 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qubax
Is he going to be running the Power PLay this year..?

I hope they let him have it...without Girard or Berard...Boynton's better used on 5 on 5 and Penalty Kill....Kepp Jillson for the PP....
Jillson's primary objective and the Broons are the same imo- make the team, play sound defense, look for offense without sacrificing defense- think of how Boynton did it. I 'think' the skinny is Boynton brings more to the table on defense and Jillson on offense. I haven't seen enough of Jillson but the Broons were and are still very excited about acquiring Jillson- obviously from previous MOC he is a favorite of his dating back to his draft year. I would love nothing more than see Jillson make it as a solid top 4 guy who can play all situations and be an anchor for the next 10 years. I will say the chances are better he becomes that than bounces around either between AHL and NHL or teams. Hearing good things guys and gals

Old
09-25-2003, 11:08 AM
Qubax

How does Jillson look?

IS he going to be running the PP this year..?

I can't figure out who else will do it....

Old
09-25-2003, 11:29 AM
Nightslyr

Send a message via AIM to Nightslyr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qubax
IS he going to be running the PP this year..?

I can't figure out who else will do it....
I don't find Rolston horrible at being the pointman on the PP, although I think he should try to utilize the shot-pass a bit more. Other than that, though, I agree with your inference -- there isn't another guy on the squad that's PP quarterback material, at least not yet.

Old
09-25-2003, 11:38 AM
sagginb

The funny thing is if one uses Rolston on the point of the PP's 1st group, then who do you use at center on the 2nd unit????

PJ STock?...Zamuner?...Grosek...or heck why not Ted Donato....hehehe!

Maybe if Zinovjev or Bergeron make the club they will have a couple of options.....

It seems we still lack decent depth in most areas (PP Blueliners, Faceoff winner down the middle and in net)...oh well...another season...same old story...

I am too the point the Bruins..."NEED" to get the goalie situation under control sooner than later...I don't care if it Raycroft or by trade but I don't know how long I can take this cat and mouse game in goal!

I guess we have to give Potvin more of a chance...man why doesn't/didn't MOC just bite the bullet and get a "legit" netminder!!!

Old
09-25-2003, 11:49 AM
Nightslyr

Send a message via AIM to Nightslyr
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagginb
The funny thing is if one uses Rolston on the point of the PP's 1st group, then who do you use at center on the 2nd unit????

PJ STock?...Zamuner?...Grosek...or heck why not Ted Donato....hehehe!

Maybe if Zinovjev or Bergeron make the club they will have a couple of options.....

It seems we still lack decent depth in most areas (PP Blueliners, Faceoff winner down the middle and in net)...oh well...another season...same old story...

I am too the point the Bruins..."NEED" to get the goalie situation under control sooner than later...I don't care if it Raycroft or by trade but I don't know how long I can take this cat and mouse game in goal!

I guess we have to give Potvin more of a chance...man why doesn't/didn't MOC just bite the bullet and get a "legit" netminder!!!
I agree on all accounts.

On the PP: I have a feeling it'll be like last year's with the first unit contributing while the second unit (due to a serious lack of depth) does squat.

On faceoffs: At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if one of the rookies stayed only because they're good at faceoffs.

On D: Will Boynton re-sign? Will his play suffer because he hasn't been in camp? Will Jillson make it? Is he a worse version of Berard at this point?

On O: Will someone other than the big three (Joe, Muzz, Sammy) step it up? Can Knuble be counted on as a legit scorer? Will Rolston be able to regain his 30 goal form? Will the team have a real number 2 line?

On goal: How long do we give Potvin? What about Shields? Do we keep one? Cut/release/waive both? Is a possible Cujo waiver draft pick even realistic given his pricetag? Do we have anything of value (other than Raycroft -- let's try to keep what solid goal tending depth we have) to offer to the Yotes for Burke?

There's a lot of questions about this team. I doubt that the B's will have a great season, but it'll be exciting to watch the kids.

Old
10-06-2003, 10:32 AM
FanSince2014
What'd He Say?

How is Jeff Jillson doing?

Is he gonna make the team?

Where does he fit on the team if he does?

Will he play the point on the power play?

Will he be on the 1st or 2nd power play unit?

Thanks

Old
10-06-2003, 11:11 AM
Mayhem

Send a message via AIM to Mayhem
Looks as though...

...he has made the team, as of right now it seems as though he is going to be on the third pairing and the second unit on the powerplay. From what little I have seen of him he looks pretty good playing calm in his own zone and making smooth breakout passes.

Old
10-07-2003, 04:08 PM
usmhuskies

Send a message via AIM to usmhuskies Send a message via Yahoo to usmhuskies
He is coming into his own and IMO will have soild year...

Old
10-07-2003, 06:54 PM
Qubax

I can see 5th or 6th Defenceman but wouldn't he be on the Top PP unit..?

Closed Thread