HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New lines

Old
12-13-2010, 05:50 PM
TankEller*

vCash: 500
Quite honestly I'm one of those who see Pyatt as a complete waste of a roster spot. See it the way you want, he might be a good PKer, but to say he's the big part of it and how he's essential is pushing it definitely too far. He's a soft 4th line player with no skill. His quickness is interesting but it's not like we lacked that all that much.

When White comes back from injury, I'd like to see him get a chance. I'm tired of Pyatt. He might try hard, he's not bringing what we need at the moment: Goals, and toughness. At least White brings one of those.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 06:20 PM
paddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanzibar View Post
I'm more baffled at Moen on the 1st line than Pyatt on the 2nd. WHY is Moen still getting looks in the top 6? It just doesn't make sense to me. This is a guy with a career high of 21 points and 11 goals and AKost and Pouliot are on the 3rd and 4th lines. I remember after the first 2 games Pouliot was demoted to the 3rd line and everyone here was saying "don't worry Moen will be out of the top 6 within a few games", well it's been about 28 games and he's still there. Awful lines by Martin even if it is practice, IMO Moen brings the least out of all our forwards in the top 12 and is rewarded with top line minutes.
Regardless of what the lines will be Wednesday, Travis Moen is the guy that has the most free passes for doing nothing. Don't say he brings grit because there are a ton of players that can hit more than him. JM is in love with Moen.

paddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 06:28 PM
Habs13

These are the lines I'd like to see... at least once!

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Gionta
Pacioretty - Eller - Kostitsyn
Pouliot - Gomez - Lapierre
Moen - Halpern - Darche

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 06:43 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrun View Post
psychological warfare by JM because these lines cant be serious.
sums up my thoughts pretty well ...

if true, tom pyatt and JM are having an affair.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 07:46 PM
MetroGnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB
Cammalleri-Plekanec-Kostitsyn
Pacioretty-Gomez-Gionta
Pouliot-Eller-Darche
Pyatt-Halpern-Moen
Lapierre
I like these lines!

MetroGnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 08:11 PM
go_habs_go

Send a message via MSN to go_habs_go
Tommy Pyatt will not center the second line come Wednesday. It will either be Scott Gomez or David Desharnais, we will find out tomorrow i would assume. If Scott Gomez is out for Wednesday's game against Philadelphia, the lines will be as follows..

Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Cammalleri
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gionta
Pouliot - Eller - Darche
Moen - Halpern - Lapierre

go_habs_go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 08:21 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Is Youppi! a right-handed shot?

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 08:44 PM
Aurel Joliat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankEller View Post
Quite honestly I'm one of those who see Pyatt as a complete waste of a roster spot. See it the way you want, he might be a good PKer, but to say he's the big part of it and how he's essential is pushing it definitely too far. He's a soft 4th line player with no skill. His quickness is interesting but it's not like we lacked that all that much.

When White comes back from injury, I'd like to see him get a chance. I'm tired of Pyatt. He might try hard, he's not bringing what we need at the moment: Goals, and toughness. At least White brings one of those.
Completely agree.
But he is the favourite of Jacques Matin it's obvious. If Pacioretty stay here and every forwards are healthy, I can't imagine someone else than Pyatt to be on the press box. Darche is very good and can make some points for a bottom 6 player. Same thing for Halpern, Pouliot, Lapierre brings energy, Eller improve his play a lot since a couple of games, and Moen is our most physical forward

Aurel Joliat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 08:56 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
I'm reaching here...

-To confuse Laviolette?
-Gomez may be back Wed?
-Tiny Akost message and he'll be back with Pleks?

lolz
I've seen in the past where martin would put moen on the top line for the opening shift and then put him back on the checking line.

I remember before the injuries hit, that Martin really liked the four lines because he felt comfortable with their defensive abilities.. it looks like he's trying to find that recipe again, but if he intends to have pyatt on that line for the whole game, I think its a mistake.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 09:03 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankEller View Post

You are overlooking one of pyatt's best traits which is his board play. He's very good at using the boards to his advantage especially in the defensive zone. He knows how to get the puck out in stressful situations.

I'm not trying to make an argument against you... I just feel its fair to point out a part of his game that doesn't get enough credit. It doesn't show up on the scoreboard, but its important.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 10:18 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
You are overlooking one of pyatt's best traits which is his board play. He's very good at using the boards to his advantage especially in the defensive zone. He knows how to get the puck out in stressful situations.

I'm not trying to make an argument against you... I just feel its fair to point out a part of his game that doesn't get enough credit. It doesn't show up on the scoreboard, but its important.
Very well said. There's a reason why he's Martin "favorite". He plays well in all three zones, he's not a defensive liabililty, and he skates well. That said, if someone else comes along who has all those traits, and can score as well, well Pyatt might become redundant (like Boyd right now).

As far as the line-up is concerned, Francois Gagnon really explained things perfectly on L'antichambre tonight. 1. Moen was on the first line to give a wake-up call to AK. AK has 3 goals in his last 21 games and has been pretty invisible of late. Don't be surprised if AK is back on the top 2 lines for Wednesday's game. 2. Pyatt is not going to play on the 2nd line, he's just there because Gomez isn't, and they're assuming Gomez will play Wednesday. According to Gagnon, Gomez looked fine today. He had a bunch of other good points but i can't remember what they were.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 12:16 AM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Jr View Post
Very well said. There's a reason why he's Martin "favorite". He plays well in all three zones, he's not a defensive liabililty, and he skates well. That said, if someone else comes along who has all those traits, and can score as well, well Pyatt might become redundant (like Boyd right now). .

half of the roster proposals go like this ;

line 1
line 2
line 3
Pyatt-halpern-moen.

lapierre -----> healthy scratch

not only does halpern deserve more appreciation for the contribution he gave so far (that is...a lock on the 3rd line with poupou and darche)... but lapierre out for pyatt .... ? Like honestly ? how ? size ? speed ? hands? grit ? FO ? scoring ? hitting ? experience?

there is not one single part of the game pyatt comes close to lapierre, excluding obviously the PK, where pyatt probably ranks 1rst in the world according to some homers thinking he is our last playoff MVP.

its nothing against Pyatt... I'd love him as a 4th liner if we had no one else ... And I'm not even against the fact that he has his own roster spot... that's up for debate... but on the other hand he is labeled here almost as an ''untouchable'' sometimes... and that's freaking ridiculous. He is the definition of expandable.

Last edited by THE HOFF: 12-14-2010 at 12:28 AM.
THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 12:26 AM
Krnage

vCash: 400
hope...we not going to war against Philly with that line

Krnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 12:36 AM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1907
Wait... What?

Wow. Am I really that out of touch this season, or is this straight up ridic?

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 12:39 AM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
The term "Spread out scoring" doesn't mean you try and spread your scoring out over all the lines. You hope your bottom 6 forwards cheap in more than you were expecting.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 03:25 AM
Ollie Williams

vCash: 50
You're all over reacting. They just made a typo and spelled "Kostitsyn" like this: Moen.

Ollie Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 10:36 AM
ManixLiquid

Lines this morning (tuesday)

Cammalleri-Plekanec-Moen
Pacioretty-Gomez-Gionta
Pouliot-Eller-Darche
Kostistyn-Halpern- Pyatt/Lapierre

Picard-Weber
Gill-Gorges
Hamrlik-Subban

Man, Jacques Martin really have a thing for Moen...

ManixLiquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 10:38 AM
Jigger77

If you ask me after the stinker of a game and that blatant miss on the open net against Detroit putting AKost on the 4th line at practice is a good idea. He looked like he was coasting and his head was in the clouds on the weekend.

That is, as long as he's back up in the top 6 come game-time tomorrow. That's the thing with Kostitsyn, he can be "somewhere else" sometimes I find. He needs to focus and play with that edge that can make him so dominant. He hasn't done that lately.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 10:39 AM
FlyingRat

I guess Jacques didn't think running Sergei out of town was enough.

FlyingRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 10:43 AM
TheBuriedHab

The one chance to get moen out of the top 6 and he decides to troll us and put ak with halpern and lappy.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 10:46 AM
Habit11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
The one chance to get moen out of the top 6 and he decides to troll us and put ak with halpern and lappy.
I'd love to hear AK46 do a Kovalev like reaction to his demotion down to the 4th line...

Habit11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 10:53 AM
PyrettaBlaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManixLiquid View Post

Cammalleri-Plekanec-Moen
Pacioretty-Gomez-Gionta
Pouliot-Eller-Darche

Picard-Weber
Gill-Gorges
Hamrlik-Subban

Switch Moen and Kostitsyn and it's perfect.

12-14-2010, 11:06 AM
Forsead

Quote:

Cammalleri-Plekanec-Moen
Pacioretty-Gomez-Gionta
Pouliot-Eller-Darche

Picard-Weber
Gill-Gorges
Hamrlik-Subban

Perhaps he is only sending a message to Kostitsyn and will change the lineup before the game or during it. Also it could be a message to the organization that he want a big gritty guy top six forward.

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 11:07 AM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
If you ask me after the stinker of a game and that blatant miss on the open net against Detroit putting AKost on the 4th line at practice is a good idea. He looked like he was coasting and his head was in the clouds on the weekend.

That is, as long as he's back up in the top 6 come game-time tomorrow. That's the thing with Kostitsyn, he can be "somewhere else" sometimes I find. He needs to focus and play with that edge that can make him so dominant. He hasn't done that lately.
Monday's lines could have been a message, but the practice before a game means this is the plan.

Kostitsyn will line up with the 4th against Philly, quite clearly.

Hopefully that when they leave the ice in Philly, he's earned his spot back.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 11:11 AM
BlackStar

Quote:

Cammalleri-Plekanec-Moen
Pacioretty-Gomez-Gionta
Pouliot-Eller-Darche

Picard-Weber
Gill-Gorges
Hamrlik-Subban

Or, he is sending AK a message. Ak has been playing on the top 6 all season, you think they called up Max so they could place AK on the bottom 6?

You don't have to agree with his style, but if you think Martin loves Moen on the top 6 then you...yikes. He does so temporarily. AK will be back on the top line very soon, could be a soon as tomorrow.

BlackStar is offline   Reply With Quote