HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Too much pressure on doughty

Old
12-13-2010, 01:06 AM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by taz346 View Post
Checked out Kovi lately?
I don't think those situations are comparable in the slightest.

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 04:41 AM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
I don't think Doughty has been a BAD defenseman so far this year. Just a Superstar defenseman who has been playing extremely average. He's better than this and we all know it, therefore, that gives me all the reason to believe that he will eventually turn it around. On a positive note: He IS playing a pretty solid physical game. Drew has a chip on his shoulder this year and that is good to see.

You can tell Drew cares that he isn't playing up to his potential. By the way, plus/minus as I have said before can be taken as just a ridiculous stat that people use to defend/attack players on HF.. But he IS a +6. Doughty really ISN'T playing bad in his own zone and as long as that continues his offensive game WILL come around.

two out of three* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 07:01 AM
kingsholygrail
Career Worst Year

Trade him while his value is high.

kingsholygrail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 07:11 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by two out of three View Post
I don't think Doughty has been a BAD defenseman so far this year. Just a Superstar defenseman who has been playing extremely average. He's better than this and we all know it, therefore, that gives me all the reason to believe that he will eventually turn it around. On a positive note: He IS playing a pretty solid physical game. Drew has a chip on his shoulder this year and that is good to see.

You can tell Drew cares that he isn't playing up to his potential. By the way, plus/minus as I have said before can be taken as just a ridiculous stat that people use to defend/attack players on HF.. But he IS a +6. Doughty really ISN'T playing bad in his own zone and as long as that continues his offensive game WILL come around.
That +6 simply means he is on the ice for a lot of goals. Obviously by his point total he doesn't have a big hand in those.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 07:19 PM
Duc620

More water. More plyometrics. Less beer. Less nightlife.

Duc620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 07:20 PM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
That +6 simply means he is on the ice for a lot of goals. Obviously by his point total he doesn't have a big hand in those.
I feel like this post is 100% due to you being Jack Johnsons #1 fan.

Edit: Not trying to "chirp" you by any means. Just the point of my post was that Doughty is actually playing pretty good defensively.

Last edited by two out of three*: 12-13-2010 at 07:28 PM.
two out of three* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 07:26 PM
Pucknut50

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
Well Jack Johnson is a minus 8 so that means he's on the ice for alot of goals scored against. Of course its not his fault just his back luck right? You can spin any way you want. Point is you expect to much from Drew and make every excuse for Jack. Jack's got what 15 points and still a minus 8 shoot thats awful.

Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 11:18 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc620 View Post
More water. More plyometrics. Less beer. Less nightlife.
This. The Kings have got to get him to move out of Simmonds pad. Drew should be living with a veteran King player or maybe even Wayne Gretzky? Look what Pittsburgh did with Crosby, did they let him live with Jordan Staal? Drew needs to be watched so that he maintains a professional attitude on and off the ice.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 11:25 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Isn't Fowler with Neids? Doughty should be with Scuds or Brown. Maybe even Mitchell.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 11:31 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Isn't Fowler with Neids? Doughty should be with Scuds or Brown. Maybe even Mitchell.
Yes, Fowler is living with a retired Duck player and future HOFer. Doughty is living with a struggling winger trying to find his way in the NHL who is RUMORED to be a party animal.

Old
12-13-2010, 11:36 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Yes, Fowler is living with a retired Duck player and future HOFer.
On second thought, keep Doughty away from Blake.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 01:25 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Yes, Fowler is living with a retired Duck player and future HOFer. Doughty is living with a struggling winger trying to find his way in the NHL who is RUMORED to be a party animal.
By the time Fowler is in his 3rd season I doubt this will be the case.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 01:27 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
On second thought, keep Doughty away from Blake.
Luc. Time to pack up Doughnuts.

Old
12-14-2010, 01:31 AM
BigKing
Spot Picker

The answer to the living situation is obviously Matt Greene. Always crushing water and in the gym making sure his core is solid, along with his wrists and neck of course.

BigKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 01:58 AM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucknut50 View Post
Well Jack Johnson is a minus 8 so that means he's on the ice for alot of goals scored against. Of course its not his fault just his back luck right? You can spin any way you want. Point is you expect to much from Drew and make every excuse for Jack. Jack's got what 15 points and still a minus 8 shoot thats awful.
Jack was leading the team in +/- until his string of bad luck. You simply can't give Jack a shred of blame for more than 3 of those. Since Drew came back he's been on the ice for the situations that Jack was racking up the +'s. By the way, has Drew ever been with any defender but the best as his partner?

Also, Jack and Drew are both my favorite players. I love young dmen. I just haven't had to campaign on Drew's behalf before this year and the only reason I expect too much out of Drew is because I've seen him bring it in the past. This year he just hasn't brought it consistantly and his attitude on the ice has made it difficult to take his side.

Also, I agree that Drew's D hasn't been bad at all. I never said his defense was even average. He's been pretty stable. Like I've said multiple times, I'd like to see Drew go back to using his stick as his first line of defense like he has in the past instead of trying to change to a more physical type. His stick is the best I've seen since Zubov's prime. Maybe better. He just abandoned much of that unfrtunately.

Old
12-14-2010, 02:11 AM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by two out of three View Post
I feel like this post is 100% due to you being Jack Johnsons #1 fan.

Edit: Not trying to "chirp" you by any means. Just the point of my post was that Doughty is actually playing pretty good defensively.
I totaly understand this thinking. I adore Jack, no doubt about it. The thing is that I like Drew just as much. They are my two favorite players in the NHL since I love young dmen. Being such a fan of the two I spend a lot of time focusing on the two exclusively when they are on the ice so I am extra aware of what leads up to goals and goals against. Drew is just on the ice for the majoity of the goals that Jack was getting earlier in the year because of the situations they are on the ice for.

I'm not trying to nail Drew. I just chime in to the on going debate with my honest opinion on Drew's change in his game. I've been hard on Jack when he makes retarded plays but he hasn't accomplished what Drew has so he doesn't let me down as much.

Old
12-24-2010, 11:41 PM
taz346

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
I don't think those situations are comparable in the slightest.
I sort of think they are comparable. 2 guys who had spectacular seasons last yr. Both trying to keep that same rep. I realize it isn't all of their problems, Kovi, playing on a team in deep trouble, DD trying to live up to last season...(without success) May be a lot of deep seated that noone knows abt either of these guys.

taz346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2010, 01:12 AM
SONTOULOS

Jesus, you all sound like the Hab fans here in Montreal .....just calm the ^%$en down!!

The greatest D man of our time... Neidermayer...had two great seasons at the start then "slumped" for the next 3 for god's sakes!!! chill out! when's the last time you saw the KINGS as a "team" this good?? come on!! enough badgering the kid(s)....they are teammates NOT OPPONENTS!!! stop making this a Doughty vs Johnson skid. We have them on out team, what else do you want?? Doughty has played 27 games , 15 pts, +11!! on pace for a 40 pts season...went from -17 in his 1st year to + 20 in his 2nd year...+37 difference

Guys be happy that we have both these guys on our team, JJ is going to get better with DD on his side, and both of these guys are every other teams dream to have on their roster. Add the likes of Kopi, Brown, Simmonds, Clifford, Quikie, Bernier and everysinle one of them out there and praise them.....it's been a long time coming....

SONTOULOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2010, 12:12 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Simple maturation process.

He is an elite generational player.

He still has to mature.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote