HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Boogaard's Shoulder "Not Good"

Old
12-13-2010, 07:19 AM
Section311

vCash: 500
I suprised at how many people don't care if he is in or out of the lineup. I think he has done a decent job. He really has not cost this team anything and Im still one of those believers that he is a must for games like this Saturday coming up.

Section311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 07:55 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section311 View Post
I suprised at how many people don't care if he is in or out of the lineup. I think he has done a decent job. He really has not cost this team anything and Im still one of those believers that he is a must for games like this Saturday coming up.
For what he does, we could have gotten someone cheaper. He fights, but he can't play the game. Last year Shelley contributed on the forecheck, took the body and even added a few points. Can anyone honestly say that Boogaard has been as good?

I couldn't care less if Boogaard ever scored a goal, but he doesn't contribute defensively, he doesn't throw his body around all that often, probably because he has a hard time catching up to anyone.

What he gives us is not worth 1.6+ mil per year. Granted, that contract isn't going to break the bank, but it's just more proof that Sather still doesn't get it. He's still giving out bad contracts and I fear the day when he has significant cap space again.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 08:16 AM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

Honestly, some of the posts in here are laughable. The guy is a Ranger, and does his part for this team...show a little respect.

KreiMeARiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 08:21 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post
Honestly, some of the posts in here are laughable. The guy is a Ranger, and does his part for this team...show a little respect.
Really? Didn't you just rip MDZ the other day? Take your own advice then.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 08:30 AM
mullichicken25

You could just remove the word shoulder from the title of this thread and it would pretty much sum up the whole situation

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 08:50 AM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Really? Didn't you just rip MDZ the other day? Take your own advice then.
He wasn't being ripped other than having his D called out, and deservedly so. People in this thread are totally dismissing Boogaard as a player.

Old
12-13-2010, 08:56 AM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

vCash: 300
Quote:
He wasn't being ripped other than having his D called out, and deservedly so. People in this thread are totally dismissing Boogaard as a player.
If DZ can have his defense, which is actually solid, called out, than Boogaard can be called out for not being good at anything other than fighting. "And deservedly so".

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 11:31 AM
Black Tank

A lot of shortsighted posts here... We've been lucky that other teams have not had a tough guy play while Boogaard has been out but it will happen. When some goon is running our stars and the team goes into a ********* shell, everyone will be clamoring for a tough guy on the 4th line. When he plays a few games in a row, everyone will clamor for a low skilled 5 goal soft as **** player to replace him.

Repeat over and over....

Black Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 11:41 AM
mullichicken25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Tank View Post
A lot of shortsighted posts here... We've been lucky that other teams have not had a tough guy play while Boogaard has been out but it will happen. When some goon is running our stars and the team goes into a ********* shell, everyone will be clamoring for a tough guy on the 4th line. When he plays a few games in a row, everyone will clamor for a low skilled 5 goal soft as **** player to replace him.

Repeat over and over....
you will never catch me "clamoring" for that worthless pile of cap space

edit: i say saturday will be a great test...i think the team will be exactly the same without a lame energy-killing fight with shelly....and i think carcillo will be exactly the same as he was when boogaard, the mightey deterer, WAS in the lineup

Last edited by mullichicken25: 12-13-2010 at 11:47 AM.
Old
12-13-2010, 11:45 AM
RangerFan23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
You could just remove the word shoulder from the title of this thread and it would pretty much sum up the whole situation

hahahaha, just burst out laughing at my desk. Well said.

RangerFan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 12:47 PM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
If DZ can have his defense, which is actually solid, called out, than Boogaard can be called out for not being good at anything other than fighting. "And deservedly so".
His defense is solid?? Do you even watch the games?

Old
12-13-2010, 01:11 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section311 View Post
I'm with you. All for the big guy in the lineup. So far under his watch, the team has been pretty good. They look out for one another and haven't been outmatched once all season against what are some tough oppenents in the East this season.

Guess we can all gauge it better once he is out for an extended period of time. Lets see if the Orpiks, Godards, Engellands take liberties. Big test coming up as Pitt is not only one of the biggest rivals but also among the toughest clubs physically in the league.

Not to mention the slew footing incident that recently took place.

Bottomline is this one can get chippy, and going in w/out the Boogaard could make this Wednesday a bad evening. Reserving judgement for then.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 10:09 PM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
I'm with you. All for the big guy in the lineup. So far under his watch, the team has been pretty good. They look out for one another and haven't been outmatched once all season against what are some tough oppenents in the East this season.

Guess we can all gauge it better once he is out for an extended period of time. Lets see if the Orpiks, Godards, Engellands take liberties. Big test coming up as Pitt is not only one of the biggest rivals but also among the toughest clubs physically in the league.

Not to mention the slew footing incident that recently took place.

Bottomline is this one can get chippy, and going in w/out the Boogaard could make this Wednesday a bad evening. Reserving judgement for then.
Rangers will be manhandled vs. the Pens.

Maybe we will catch a small break and have Godard sit but that leaves us with two many disadvantages and Prust will more than likely have to fight a much bigger player...but the soft hearted fellows on this board could care less about that.

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 10:11 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
His deterrent angry glares will be missed.

1.6 mil in dead weight.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 11:01 PM
NYRAvery16NYR

I can't believe the negativity about Boogaard being injured. I hope Gaborik fairs well vs Carcillo this Saturday, should be a good fight.

Can Boogaard play hockey? no

Is he a playmaker? no

Is is he supposed to be a offensive force? no

Does he stop our players from being pushed around? yes

This is the whole reason he is here. Quit *****ing about how much he is getting paid, and that he can't play. He doesn't even need a stick, he just needs to go out and be a enforcer. These last few posts have made me sick, one of our own players being injured, the dude has the hardest job on the entire Rangers team. A little respect?? c'mon now. He is just as much a Ranger as anyone else on the team.

NYRAvery16NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 11:09 PM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

Quote:
His defense is solid?? Do you even watch the games?
Yeah, I do. I just don't over analyze glaring mistakes and act like they're recurring. He's been much better in that aspect that last year. Very good at blocking passes in the D-zone.

Old
12-13-2010, 11:10 PM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRAvery16NYR View Post
I can't believe the negativity about Boogaard being injured. I hope Gaborik fairs well vs Carcillo this Saturday, should be a good fight.

Is he a playmaker? no

This is the whole reason he is here. Quit *****ing about how much he is getting paid, and that he can't play. He doesn't even need a stick, he just needs to go out and be a enforcer. These last few posts have made me sick, one of our own players being injured, the dude has the hardest job on the entire Rangers team. A little respect?? c'mon now. He is just as much a Ranger as anyone else on the team.
Which is a problem. You don't pay a guy that much money to punch people.

Old
12-13-2010, 11:15 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Yeah, I do. I just don't over analyze glaring mistakes and act like they're recurring. He's been much better in that aspect that last year. Very good at blocking passes in the D-zone.
Yeah, but he's not very good positionally and makes poor decisions far too frequently. I don't know how anyone could describe his defensive play as solid right now. And despite his lack of offensive production, I think it's pretty clear that wasn't why he was benched last week. His defense, on many nights, hurts us.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 11:21 PM
redfzn

ugh.

i got a robitaille jersey back in '95 and he ended up going back to the kings

i got an avery jersey 2 or 3 years ago and he ended up hurt for a while

i just got my heritage boogaard jersey from nhl.com delivered (ordered w the deal on blk fri) and now he's hurt bad

i need to just forget getting jerseys

redfzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 11:43 PM
trilobyte

With Boogaard out, good time to look harder at that whole theory of the team being safer with him in the lineup.
Hey, what better time to gather empirical evidence.

Call me crazy for already arriving at a conclusion.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 07:16 AM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:

Is he a playmaker? no

Dude, there are 4-5 people on this board that hate Boogey, so ignore them and u will be alright.

They hate Boogey and his salary but love Drury and Rozy with their inflated salaries.

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 07:37 AM
Rangers44*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
Dude, there are 4-5 people on this board that hate Boogey, so ignore them and u will be alright.

They hate Boogey and his salary but love Drury and Rozy with their inflated salaries.
There are some that don't like all 3 and not because of their salaries.

Rangers44* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 09:01 AM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

what is the official word on his injury?
any chance he's back for Philly??

surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 09:26 AM
mullichicken25

Quote:

Is he a playmaker? no

Boogaard did NOTHING to "deter" carcillo last game...i brought that up and people assured me that his responsiblility was to take care of Shelly so Prust could take care of carcillo

If the rangers are completely man handled by Jody Shelly on saturday w/o boogaard i will never speak a word about the situation again

but if carcillo runs around like the D-bag he is, it will NOT be because Boogaard isnt there...he did the same crap when boogy was dressed

as for the second bolded part...i'd argue that day in and day out Henriks job is 100x harder than sitting on a bench and getting punched in the face once every few games

Old
12-14-2010, 09:38 AM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
Haha. I chuckled.