HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dustin Boyd on Waivers... Again (Cleared... Again)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-14-2010, 09:33 AM
  #76
Patty Roy
Registered User
 
Patty Roy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,747
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Still wish we could've gotten *something* for Sergei Kostitsyn. Yes, he was a nuisance to the team and I'm as glad as anyone he was dumped, especially now that his brother is doing well, but the guy we got isn't wanted by this team (Boyd) and the other didn't want to sign here (Ellis - not like it really matters).

I would've settled for a mid-round pick seeing how things have turned out. Then again, whatever, no use crying over spilled milk.
That would have been nice, but really there was practically zero market for Sergei at that point. The Habs HAD to get rid of him, or let him go to the KHL...he's got talent, but like Ribeiro that's a guy i'm never going to miss.

Patty Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 11:44 AM
  #77
Maverik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurel Joliat View Post
Except goons, no other 4th liner in the NHL have only 2 pts in 30 games...
Ok, you started it...
Player Team os GP G A P +/- PIM
629 Rod Pelley NJD C 29 0 1 1 -9 19
444 Nick Bonino ANA C 20 0 0 0 -2 4
376 Toby Petersen DAL C 24 1 1 2 -3 4
373 Nick Spaling NSH L 22 1 1 2 -6 6
374 Jon Sim NYI L 22 1 1 2 -6 16
354 Tom Wandell DAL C 29 2 1 3 0 6
358 Eric Nystrom MIN L 29 1 2 3 -7 22 (2 fighting major only.. may be a goon)
350 Todd Marchant ANA C 32 0 4 4 -8 8
340 Fredrik Sjostrom TOR L 29 1 3 4 -3 6



I can go on... 4th liners are what they are, 4th liners. They should not be held responsible for a team offensive problems. Give Plekanec 4th line minutes and he does not have half the points he has right now...

Maverik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 12:18 PM
  #78
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 32,976
vCash: 0
McKenzie just tweeted that Boyd cleared

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 12:24 PM
  #79
FlyingKostitsyn
Registered User
 
FlyingKostitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Australia
Posts: 8,096
vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
McKenzie just tweeted that Boyd cleared
Send him to the AHL now... for his sake.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 12:30 PM
  #80
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 32,976
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Send him to the AHL now... for his sake.
100000% agree

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 12:43 PM
  #81
David_99
Registered User
 
David_99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Moncton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
McKenzie just tweeted that Boyd cleared
Damn it, Boyd. Can't you do anything right!?

David_99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 12:43 PM
  #82
TheBuriedHab
Registered User
 
TheBuriedHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,181
vCash: 500
Awkwarddddddd

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 12:52 PM
  #83
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,997
vCash: 500
Awards:
So we found one thing Boyd is good at...clearing waivers

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 03:49 PM
  #84
shamrun
Registered User
 
shamrun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,366
vCash: 500
the only thing worst then passing through waivers and realizing that no other teams have an interest in you is to have that happen twice....ouch.

shamrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 04:30 PM
  #85
llamateizer
Registered User
 
llamateizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country:
Posts: 5,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Send him to the AHL now... for his sake.
Well he can be usefull if the habs need a 4th pair of defense during training
he can be usefull for the backup goalie and the training

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 04:45 PM
  #86
bib
#believe
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,488
vCash: 500
I don't like how Montreal is handling some of our prospects.

Waive him, play him, waive him, play him.

Bench him, tell him his teammates wanted him benched, play him.

What outcome are they really expecting from this sort of handling of young, susceptible minds? Strange.


The NHL is about mental toughness, so why are they trying to mind**** our prospects?

bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 04:48 PM
  #87
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalery View Post
I don't like how Montreal is handling some of our prospects.

Waive him, play him, waive him, play him.

Bench him, tell him his teammates wanted him benched, play him.

What outcome are they really expecting from this sort of handling of young, susceptible minds? Strange.
Boyd is past the prospect stage.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 05:06 PM
  #88
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalery View Post
I don't like how Montreal is handling some of our prospects.

Waive him, play him, waive him, play him.

Bench him, tell him his teammates wanted him benched, play him.

What outcome are they really expecting from this sort of handling of young, susceptible minds? Strange.


The NHL is about mental toughness, so why are they trying to mind**** our prospects?

Boyd is not a prospect !!!

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 05:38 PM
  #89
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,787
vCash: 500
Speaking of waivers, Rolston might go on re-entry. Any interest? Got a slapshot bomb and can be a top 6 player IMO. Drop Boyd to minors and add Rolston? Only issue for me is the 2 years left, but wtv, just a random thought.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 05:48 PM
  #90
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Speaking of waivers, Rolston might go on re-entry. Any interest? Got a slapshot bomb and can be a top 6 player IMO. Drop Boyd to minors and add Rolston? Only issue for me is the 2 years left, but wtv, just a random thought.
He has basically 1 1/2 years left on the contract so basically 3.75 cap hit for the 2 years.

That's an intersting one. Would he be reborn coming here? At 2.55 mil cap hit it would be cheap if he can bounce back a bit...3 and 4 years ago he was 31-33-64 and 31-28-59 then 08-09 and 09-10 he went 15-17-32(64 GP) and 20-17-37(80 GP). This year he is at 2-2-4 in 15 games.

He used to be a good 2 way player with size(6'2" 214lbs) and speed, good on PK and PP point. If I was sure he could be 75-80% of his prime I'd be all over him, but the last 2+ years scare me a bit...159 GP 37-36-73. Have his skills deteriorated badly or is it just a product of a diminshed role and NJ's system?

If he can fit in and play like a top 6 guy 5 on 5 it's worth it, otherwise we just add another expensive bottom 6 forward. Thought he could help on PK and PP.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 10:03 PM
  #91
Toro
Registered User
 
Toro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,756
vCash: 500
Boyd better be sent down asap. DD needs to be called up, he can learn nothing more in the A. He has dominated that league for a while. I want DD up pushing the other Centers to play better. he is a pro and needs to at least sit in the press box. If he gets a chance i don't think wild horses could take it away from him. He is ready.

Oh and no way on Rolston too slow etc, and i want a better player than him if we go out and get a player. He will be snatched up on re-entry by a crappy team with cap space anyway.


Last edited by Toro: 12-14-2010 at 10:19 PM.
Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 10:21 PM
  #92
Bieber fever
Registered User
 
Bieber fever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Westmount
Posts: 5,304
vCash: 500
I wished someone will claim him , I' tired of him around the organisation ....it's never a good thing to have fustrated player hanging around.

GTFO Justin.

Bieber fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 10:24 PM
  #93
Toro
Registered User
 
Toro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsauce514 View Post
I wished someone will claim him , I' tired of him around the organisation ....it's never a good thing to have fustrated player hanging around.

GTFO Justin.


Justin who

Your killing me tonight keep em coming

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 10:37 PM
  #94
MTL-rules
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,316
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
He has basically 1 1/2 years left on the contract so basically 3.75 cap hit for the 2 years.

That's an intersting one. Would he be reborn coming here? At 2.55 mil cap hit it would be cheap if he can bounce back a bit...3 and 4 years ago he was 31-33-64 and 31-28-59 then 08-09 and 09-10 he went 15-17-32(64 GP) and 20-17-37(80 GP). This year he is at 2-2-4 in 15 games.

He used to be a good 2 way player with size(6'2" 214lbs) and speed, good on PK and PP point. If I was sure he could be 75-80% of his prime I'd be all over him, but the last 2+ years scare me a bit...159 GP 37-36-73. Have his skills deteriorated badly or is it just a product of a diminshed role and NJ's system?

If he can fit in and play like a top 6 guy 5 on 5 it's worth it, otherwise we just add another expensive bottom 6 forward. Thought he could help on PK and PP.
Why are you saying his cap hit would be 3,75mil ?

Bob McKenzie seems to think that it's only half his salary for this year and the next...

http://tsn.ca/blogs/bob_mckenzie/?id=345469

Maybe you were talking about his actual salary...

At that price, I would take him in a split second...

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 11:43 PM
  #95
KILLger
Registered User
 
KILLger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,671
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
Boyd better be sent down asap. DD needs to be called up, he can learn nothing more in the A. He has dominated that league for a while. I want DD up pushing the other Centers to play better. he is a pro and needs to at least sit in the press box. If he gets a chance i don't think wild horses could take it away from him. He is ready.

Oh and no way on Rolston too slow etc, and i want a better player than him if we go out and get a player. He will be snatched up on re-entry by a crappy team with cap space anyway.
Too slow? That'd surprise me as he's always been pretty fast.

KILLger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 12:49 AM
  #96
Toro
Registered User
 
Toro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLger View Post
Too slow? That'd surprise me as he's always been pretty fast.
not only has he lost a step in overall speed, everything else slows down too. He is old and nearly washed up nothing wrong with that. He had a great career and may still have some gas in the tank but it is limited and with our cap space and depth we can wait and get anyone in the league(Iginla) at the deadline. Why fart around with a guy like Rolston now?

Lets see what Pac can do and then see whats up at the deadline.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 06:35 AM
  #97
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best
 
Aspirine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,333
vCash: 500
Poor guy... Lets hope he gets an AHL or KHL contract down the road and finally gets to play a little hockey...

Aspirine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 06:49 AM
  #98
bib
#believe
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
Boyd is not a prospect !!!
Shove that shakehead up your hole.


At what point does a player stop being a prospective player? Desharnais is still a prospective player, and he's the same age as Boyd.

He's still a young, developing player. Call it what you will, I call him a prospect.

People like you are so annoying. Bypassing the relevant information to nitpick at terms which pertain little relevance to the content of the subject matter!! gaaahhhh



Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Boyd is past the prospect stage.
same goes for you, gahhhh

bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 08:08 AM
  #99
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Why are you saying his cap hit would be 3,75mil ?

Bob McKenzie seems to think that it's only half his salary for this year and the next...

http://tsn.ca/blogs/bob_mckenzie/?id=345469

Maybe you were talking about his actual salary...

At that price, I would take him in a split second...
3.75 mil meaning we would get 1.5 years of Rolston for 3.75 mil cap hit. 1.25 this year and about 2.55 next year.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 08:16 AM
  #100
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalery View Post
Shove that shakehead up your hole.


At what point does a player stop being a prospective player? Desharnais is still a prospective player, and he's the same age as Boyd.

He's still a young, developing player. Call it what you will, I call him a prospect.

People like you are so annoying. Bypassing the relevant information to nitpick at terms which pertain little relevance to the content of the subject matter!! gaaahhhh





same goes for you, gahhhh
It's not about age so much as about being ready for the NHL and getting your chance to find a niche there.

Desharnais is a bit of a late bloomer, but he is more a longshot prospect than a blue chipper. He may crack the NHL but in two years he could be playing KHL or elswhere in Europe. In baseball he is what's called a AAAA player, too good for AAA but not good enough for the majors like guys like Locke, Jason Krog, Keith Aucoin and Darren Haydar. They are not good enough for the top 6 in the nHL or role players to play a banging or checking role.

Desharnais because of his size and speed needs to dominate with the puck and he ahsn't at this level. Boyd has decent size and speed but he hasn't scored enough and his defensive game is not very good, he falls in the same category but for different reasons. You could say the same for SK.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:23 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.