HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Cracknell, Porter and Scatchard recalled from Peoria

Old
12-13-2010, 05:14 PM
Stang

vCash: 500
Cracknell, Porter and Scatchard recalled from Peoria

St. Louis Blues
The Blues have recalled Cracknell, Porter and Scatchard from Peoria. http://*******/hg9K3o
11 minutes ago

Andy Strickland
Don't be completely shocked if the Blues recall three players....Could be Porter, Scatchard, and Adam Cracknell
55 seconds ago

lol @ andy being a bit late

Sooooo who knows much about Cracknell?

Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 05:19 PM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

vCash: 50
Blues Recall Three From Peoria

Cracknell has some decent speed and a good set of hands. He thinks the game pretty good but he just never showed enough to really put it together in the NHL. Could be a good chance for him.

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 05:34 PM
Polaris
Cold as Ice

Scatchard? Noooooooooooo!

Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 05:36 PM
ChicagoBlues

Cracknell has an extremely hard shot.

ChicagoBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 05:39 PM
Mr Dangles
I double dare you.

Scatchard has been useless. Porter is ok but I'd rather have SDR. Don't know much about Cracknell but he is a little more offensive ?

Mr Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 07:45 PM
Superscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Dangles View Post
Scatchard has been useless. Porter is ok but I'd rather have SDR. Don't know much about Cracknell but he is a little more offensive ?
Cracknell has recorded 13 pts in 27 games (4g, 9a) which is a little underwhelming if you're looking for offense. I don't believe that is the role the Blues are looking for Cracknell to provide. He's a big body with competent skills and a heavy shot. He can fill 4th line duty and not be a defensive liability.

With Porter, you know what you get. A very adequate checking line winger, again, who is defensively responsible, but Scatchard, IMO does not bring much to your lineup. At 35 yrs, his best yrs are behind him. He is "at least" a couple steps too slow for today's NHL, and even at the AHL level, his face-off percentage is weak.

Cracknell can play centre or the wing, and I think at 25 yrs, he offers much more down the middle than Scatchard can give you.

Superscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 08:53 PM
Parrish

Send a message via MSN to Parrish

Parrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 11:13 PM
Robb_K

I can see Porter and Della Rovere brought up. I agree that Scatchard istoo slow for The NHL.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 11:30 PM
STL fan in IA

Sounds like they don't want to use Janssen against the Wings so it looks like these 3 call-ups will make up the 4th line...likely fairly minimal minutes.

I thought SDR did alright but overall, none of the Peoria call-ups have really don't anything overly impressive IMO. Might as well see what these 3 can do I suppose. Something tells me that the call-ups will keep rotating between a bunch of guys until A) one or more of them really proves they deserve to stay over the other call-up options or B) one or more of Perron, McDonald and Oshie are ready to return.

Seems like quite a few youngsters are getting their 1st NHL games in with the Blues this season. Assuming he gets in against the Wings, this will be Cracknell's 1st game in the NHL.

STL fan in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 01:08 AM
sbkbghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL fan in IA View Post
Sounds like they don't want to use Janssen against the Wings so it looks like these 3 call-ups will make up the 4th line...likely fairly minimal minutes.

I thought SDR did alright but overall, none of the Peoria call-ups have really don't anything overly impressive IMO. Might as well see what these 3 can do I suppose. Something tells me that the call-ups will keep rotating between a bunch of guys until A) one or more of them really proves they deserve to stay over the other call-up options or B) one or more of Perron, McDonald and Oshie are ready to return.

Seems like quite a few youngsters are getting their 1st NHL games in with the Blues this season. Assuming he gets in against the Wings, this will be Cracknell's 1st game in the NHL.
For their first NHL game experience on an injured team they've done well. I thought SDR was the best of all of the call ups so far with Porter a close second. Both are young and will continue to develop their games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
I can see Porter and Della Rovere brought up. I agree that Scatchard istoo slow for The NHL.
I'd agree with that assessment, he looks slow and out of place. Scatchard is a 34 yr old veteran and would be more valuable as a leader for the young prospects in Peoria than on the Blues roster.

sbkbghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 02:24 AM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkbghockey View Post
For their first NHL game experience on an injured team they've done well. I thought SDR was the best of all of the call ups so far with Porter a close second. Both are young and will continue to develop their games.

I'd agree with that assessment, he looks slow and out of place. Scatchard is a 34 yr old veteran and would be more valuable as a leader for the young prospects in Peoria than on the Blues roster.
We have to remember that DRV needs ice time so Peoria does make sense.

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 08:26 AM
stlweir

Yawn

stlweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 11:19 AM
Robb_K

For those of you who watch Peoria play: How is Cracknell's skating? Is he fast enough to play in The NHL on both offence and defence? How would his game translate (puck control, vision, hockey sense, shot, defensive skill, toughness, etc.)? I had a preconceived image of him that he's more of an AHL career guy than a bonafide NHL prospect. I do realise, however, that many players are late bloomers.

Old
12-14-2010, 12:08 PM
BlueBeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
For those of you who watch Peoria play: How is Cracknell's skating? Is he fast enough to play in The NHL on both offence and defence? How would his game translate (puck control, vision, hockey sense, shot, defensive skill, toughness, etc.)? I had a preconceived image of him that he's more of an AHL career guy than a bonafide NHL prospect. I do realise, however, that many players are late bloomers.
I've been slacking on watching Rivermen games this year but I've seen him quite a bit in the past. He's a touch faster than Drazenovic but ultimately I think he's going to be too slow for the NHL level. He's essentially D'Ags without the wheels.

BlueBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 12:31 PM
Robb_K

Here's NHL potential assessment from his Hockey News profile:

"ASSETS: Always gives maximum effort. Finishes his checks and plays a mature game.
FLAWS: Lacks the high-end skill required to play a top-six role at the NHL level.
CAREER POTENTIAL: Depth winger."

Apparently, they think he can play some years in The NHL as a 4th (possibly even 3rd) liner, rather than just being an AHL-NHL fringe player (appearing in The NHL mostly in injury call-up situations).

Old
12-14-2010, 01:04 PM
underslept

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBlues View Post
Cracknell has an extremely hard shot.
Does it ever hit the net?

underslept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 01:43 PM
Robb_K

Here are his career stats from Hockey db:

Adam Cracknell
Right Wing
Born Jul 15 1985 -- Prince Albert, SASK
Height 6.02 -- Weight 211 -- Shoots R

Selected by Calgary Flames round 9 #279 overall 2004 NHL Entry Draft
Regular Season Playoffs
Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM GP A Pts PIM
2002-03 Kootenay Ice WHL 67 7 4 11 37 11 0 0 0 2
2003-04 Kootenay Ice WHL 72 26 35 61 63 4 1 1 2 2
2004-05 Kootenay Ice WHL 72 19 29 48 65 16 8 8 16 6
2005-06 Kootenay Ice WHL 72 42 51 93 85 6 1 4 5 6
2005-06 Omaha Ak-Sar-Ben Knights AHL 6 1 2 3 2 -- -- -- -- --
2006-07 Las Vegas Wranglers ECHL 31 8 14 22 35 8 3 3 6 6
2007-08 Las Vegas Wranglers ECHL 61 29 30 59 47 21 9 13 22 4
2007-08 Quad City Flames AHL 4 1 0 1 0 -- -- -- -- --
2008-09 Quad City Flames AHL 79 10 16 26 36 -- -- -- -- --
2009-10 Peoria Rivermen AHL 76 17 21 38 40 -- -- -- -- --
2010-11 Peoria Rivermen* AHL 27 4 9 13 41

You can see that he was never a big scorer. Even in Juniors, he didn't score a lot until he was a 20-year old (while the best defencemen and forwards are drafted at 19, and out of Juniors at 20). He only scored moderately in The ECHL (and that tells us he couldn't make his AHL team at 21). He has yet to score 20 goals in The AHL after 2 full seasons. He'll need to hustle to score goals in The NHL.

But, he's got size, and finishes his checks. So, he should do as well as Della Rovere has done.

Old
12-14-2010, 02:21 PM
stlweir

Bottom line, none of these call ups can help the Blues lack of scoring.

stlweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 09:20 PM
Quaz

Quote:

I'm sure whenever their line hits the ice tomorrow they will be matched up against Zetterberg and Datsyuk. Hopefully they can keep the puck out of their net during the few shifts they get. On Thurs. against the Kings they will be able to control match-ups so they should have a better opportunity to do something.

Quaz is offline   Reply With Quote