HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Question to Hab fans.

Closed Thread

Old
10-07-2003, 06:46 PM
Birko19

vCash: 500
Question to Hab fans.

Since you guys follow Montreal, you should know more about your players then me, I picked Richard Zednik in my yahoo 1-year fantasy league, my question is, what do you guys think his point totals will be like this year? will he be a 50 point man? will he score 30 goals or more? is he still playing on Montreal's top line with Koivu?

thanks in advance

Old
10-07-2003, 06:51 PM
theo6060

I'd say between 50-60 points. Probably get 30 goals again. He's the kind of player who's been improving his game each year (whether it shows up in stats or not)

Old
10-07-2003, 06:52 PM
Hyped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birko19
Since you guys follow Montreal, you should know more about your players then me, I picked Richard Zednik in my yahoo 1-year fantasy league, my question is, what do you guys think his point totals will be like this year? will he be a 50 point man? will he score 30 goals or more? is he still playing on Montreal's top line with Koivu?

thanks in advance
Hopefull we'll see a season similar to last season, hopefully even better. But I'm pretty sure he can be counted on for 30 goals, 25 assists and 75 penalty minutes.

I don't think Montreal will see any set line combinations for long periods of time this year. There are too many question marks. But all that matters is he will be playing the powerplay with Koivu...

Old
10-07-2003, 06:54 PM
RichardZednik#20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birko19

thanks in advance
Well he will start the year on the second lne with Ribeiro and Hossa. It could be a very good thing and could be a desaster. Yes he has the potential to reach 50 points and 30 goals. With Koivu injured right now, the lines could change but I really think that for the first 20 to 25 games, he will play with Ribs and Hossa.

Old
10-07-2003, 07:07 PM
Mathieu Lavergne
AKA Saku K.

Send a message via ICQ to Mathieu Lavergne
Richard Zednik will start the year with Mike Ribeiro and Marcel Hossa. However, the lines won't be stable for all year and the possibility he ends up with Koivu down the road is there. He will likely see first powerplay unit ice time with Koivu again but don't look for an incredible rise in points. I think Zednik reached his peak and will most likely top last year's production.

Don't think not playing with Koivu the entire season will affect Zednik's point totals. Zednik doesn't leach points out of his teammates, can create his own chances and rack up most of his points by himself even with less talented player than Koivu. However, he must have the ice time to produce but it isn't a problem in Montreal since Zednik is currently our best winger.

Finally, Julien's new defensive system has to be considred but IMO won't affect Zednik as he is our main weapon offensively and it shouldn't change his production significantly since Zednik is a shoot-first ask question later sniper and will again be our biggest shooter and go-to guy. Expect a 30-35 goals 20-25 assists 50-60 points season as the Habs's best goal-scoring threat.

Old
10-07-2003, 07:51 PM
Birko19

Thanks a lot guys.

Closed Thread