HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs vs Boston

Closed Thread

Old
12-13-2010, 08:57 AM
MarkovsKnee

vCash: 500
Habs vs Boston

Thought I'd get a discussion going on our next two games until the GDTs are open. I'm excited/nervous about them. I'm thrilled with the call-up of Pacioretty since we could always use players with size and speed especially against Philly and Boston.

Flyers: Shelley probably is suspended for our game. But considering how happy some Flyers' fans are about his potential removal from the line-up, this might actually favor the Flyers.

I was worried about the tough back-to-back for us, but after checking the NHL schedule I'm not. Flyers play Pittsburgh (you know that's going to be a battle) in Philadelphia on Tuesday and then will travel to Montreal for Wednesday night's game. That one is a back-to-back for the Flyers.

While the Habs are playing the Flyers in Montreal, the Bruins will be in Buffalo playing the Sabres and will travel to Montreal for Thursday night's game.

Thursday then is a back-to-back for both teams! No excuses about the schedule for these games.

Philly's game is on TSN, and Bruins game is on CBC! I'll be watching it live instead of crappy streams for a change. *happy dance*

Price plays both games. Gomez will play. He said he could've played against Toronto if it was a play-off game, so he'll be back for this week's games. No official word yet, but no way he misses these two games.

No word on Spacek yet. D will be rather young and inexperienced if he can't go: 2 rookies plus Picard. OK against Toronto, but against Philly and Boston....

With Patches in, I think Pyatt plays against Philly (we need his PK work), while Darche might sit (because of a lack of speed. Flyers are fast), while against Boston Darche probably plays while Pyatt sits (because of a lack of size), or Lappy sits (no specialty teams work).

Can't wait!!!

Last edited by MarkovsKnee: 12-13-2010 at 11:31 AM.
Old
12-13-2010, 09:11 AM
Pavelec4MVP
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
going to be a tough physical week i think.
Lets get 3 of 4 points!
go habs go!

Old
12-13-2010, 09:16 AM
gusfring

If I were Martin, I would have called up Henry as well as Patches.

Could not be worse than Picard and adds a much needed physical dimension.

Old
12-13-2010, 09:21 AM
euphrates

going to the philly game

Old
12-13-2010, 09:25 AM
clarke19

The schedule fits perfectly into mine.

I have finals on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, nothing is going to make me feel better after a week of seclusion then back to back quality hockey games.

Price both starts, please.

Old
12-13-2010, 10:28 AM
Newhabfan

Can you imagine the drama if we lose both these games? (which is totally possible, since they are both great teams, we miss some firepower, we're playing at home with tons of pressure) - If Price has a "very good" night only, instead of "outstanding", if Brière/Giroux or Timmy are fired up by the Bell Centre crowd, if the refs....well, you see what I'm saying. There is a distinct possibility for us to lose. Both of them.

Imagine this board if the Habs go on the road with a 4 game losing streak...

Old
12-13-2010, 11:30 AM
MarkovsKnee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
Can you imagine the drama if we lose both these games? (which is totally possible, since they are both great teams, we miss some firepower, we're playing at home with tons of pressure) - If Price has a "very good" night only, instead of "outstanding", if Brière/Giroux or Timmy are fired up by the Bell Centre crowd, if the refs....well, you see what I'm saying. There is a distinct possibility for us to lose. Both of them.

Imagine this board if the Habs go on the road with a 4 game losing streak...
Can you say, PANIC!!

It's a distinct possibility, but I'm trying to stay positive. If we can get 3 out of 4 points I'll be happy. I'd rather get the 2 pts against Boston because of the division race, of course.

This will be a test for our young D-men for sure. We need P.K. to step up, and while Weber has played well I cringe at the move Mitchell put on him. Mitchell sucks.

It would also be nice if our PP started doing something again.

Old
12-13-2010, 11:49 AM
Habiton

This team is resilient and always plays hard against the better teams and for some reason drops games against the easier ones. I think if we can get Gomez back it will be a great pair of games that I am hoping we come out with at least 2/4 possible points. Price is back in which is also a good thing!

Old
12-13-2010, 11:50 AM
sheed36

I'm not even gonna try and predict what will happen in the next 2 games.. Two very tough opponents coming up and after losing 2 in a row we will see what this team is made of..

These next 2 games should be a good measuring stick on how this team will respond after 2 straight losses and facing 2 tough conference rivals..

Old
12-13-2010, 04:31 PM
MarkovsKnee

Shelley got two games, so he's definitely out. However, Carcillo's back after missing 12 games with a sprained knee. Carcillo wasn't available in either the 2 games we've played against Philly so far. Philly has no significant injuries right now, although that game against Pittsburgh might change that.

We've only played one game against the Bruins this year (only 5 more to go! Meanwhile, how many bloody Sens games have we had? Oh yeah, 4 of 6 already!). Boston had neither Krejci or Savard playing in that game. We will need Pleks and Gomez playing at their best for sure. Apparently, Seguin is out with the flu. Otherwise the Bruins are healthy right now.

Despite the fact Gomez didn't practice today, I still think he plays mid-week. Last year when he came back from injury - around the same time - he started playing really well. We need him to do that again.

I think the lines against Philly will be:

Cammy - Pleks - AK
Patches - Gomez - Gionta
Pouliot - Halpern - Moen
Pyatt - Eller - Lapierre

Although it looks like JM is considering switching Moen & AK, I really wish he wouldn't. Moen is NOT a top 6 forward.

No word yet on Spacek. If he can't play I think we'll see:

Hammer - PK
Gill - Gorges
Picard - Weber

If Spacek does play, it'll be interesting to see who JM chooses to sit. For me, it's Picard, who hasn't been great lately.

Old
12-13-2010, 04:38 PM
price4president

We are definitely due for a comeback game. It's been Montreal's M.O. all season. Drop a game to an inferior team, and then come back and wipe the floor with a team that should have been much harder to beat.

We seem to be playing up to the level of our competition this year. Crappy teams get to play against a sloppy Habs team, while the power teams get dismantled by a Habs team that seems to come from nowhere!

I hope Price feels up to back to back duty! It would surely help!

Old
12-13-2010, 04:38 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

I'm expecting a good week from Subban, the guy is winner and I know that his recent benching and resulting poor play since the benching is driving him nuts. He's going to bounce back.

I'm really looking forward to watching Pacioretty's return to the NHL, his play in the A is night and day compared to before and he's just been an absolutely dominant force down there. Can he finally become that top 6 forward we've lusted for? I sure hope so.

Old
12-14-2010, 04:42 AM
Dekar

I want an overwhelming domination of a victory against the Flyers because if we lose, I won't want to be around here reading the Flyers' fans' comments for awhile.

Old
12-14-2010, 06:43 AM
PunkinDrublic*

5-1 Philly Wednesday
4-3 Habs Thursday

Old
12-14-2010, 08:22 AM
neofury*

Flyers: 5-3 habs
Bruins: 2-0 habs

Pacioretty 1g 1a in both games and a +1.

Old
12-14-2010, 08:35 AM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

That turning point of the Detroit game still bugs me. There were about 26 seconds left on the Detroit PP for that period and there was a stoppage. Gill and Gorges were out the entire time up until that point and Martin chose to leave them there. Obviously what's done is done but I wonder if JM would do the same thing again. Gorges had no energy to clear and then Gill left the front of the net which to me was an even bigger mistake. There was nothing to be gained by him going to "no man's land" - well for the Habs there was nothing to be gained.

I hope the Habs can get some points in these upcoming games so that one play in Detroit doesn't become a turning point for the season.

Old
12-14-2010, 09:18 AM
PyrettaBlaze

I'm going to the Boston game, so I hope the Habs show up. What's encouraging is that Boston is playing in Buffalo on Wednesday, so hopefully they'll be a little tired.

Old
12-14-2010, 09:54 AM
NHLcrazy

Anything more than 2 points is gravy IMO...

4-2 Flyers (Briere with 2 goals)
4-3 Bruins in OT (Savard with the OT winner)

Not to optimistic I know...

Old
12-14-2010, 04:10 PM
PunkinDrublic*

RDS Dingbats !

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/311609.html

Does anyone proof read at this place ?

Old
12-14-2010, 04:12 PM
mtl_felix

"La bonne rumeur"

Old
12-14-2010, 04:14 PM
LastChancePrice

Scott Gomez is just too hilarous hehe

Old
12-14-2010, 04:21 PM
Mike2000z28

I can tell you guys one thing. The flyers won't be able to take the Habs down after playing the Penguins. They don't always show up to every game and they are focusing on Pittsburgh and probably won't show up against the habs. I know my team, just like i called what happend last time when they lost up here. The other board hated it, but i know my team. Regular season games against the habs, they don't play all that well or don't play a full 60.

I have been watching the habs all year and they are a very energectic team that usually doesn't come out flat except against Toronto(back to back against a great game in Detroit). My team is notorious for playing like ECF champions during some of the game and then reverting back to the team that barely made the playoffs last year during the same game. I gotta give it up to the Habs, they always seem to skate hard each and every night for the most part, something the Flyers could learn from them.

Old
12-15-2010, 05:25 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2000z28 View Post
I can tell you guys one thing. The flyers won't be able to take the Habs down after playing the Penguins. They don't always show up to every game and they are focusing on Pittsburgh and probably won't show up against the habs. I know my team, just like i called what happend last time when they lost up here. The other board hated it, but i know my team. Regular season games against the habs, they don't play all that well or don't play a full 60.

I have been watching the habs all year and they are a very energectic team that usually doesn't come out flat except against Toronto(back to back against a great game in Detroit). My team is notorious for playing like ECF champions during some of the game and then reverting back to the team that barely made the playoffs last year during the same game. I gotta give it up to the Habs, they always seem to skate hard each and every night for the most part, something the Flyers could learn from them.
I do not know what you called and how you called it in 1st game. Flyers looked very good in both games against Montreal. They looked excellent in 1st back-to-back gamebut could not solve Price.

Flyers did not show up in one or two gamse this season but mostly because they played 10 games in 17 days.

If Flyers arrive to Montreal around 4-5am and lose the game, does it mean "you know" your team?
It's always tough to beat two decent teams in back to back situationon the road. You do not have to "know your team". It's common sense.

By the way, with exception of one game (against Columbus) Flyers always played well for the most part this season.

Last edited by Kaktus*: 12-15-2010 at 05:44 AM.
Old
12-15-2010, 05:43 AM
The Right Price

Tough week ahead. I hope for three points but I think we will loose one and win one. I think Gomez will step it up big time. Price vs. Thomas is going to be epic.

Old
12-15-2010, 05:58 AM
habtastic

If AK doesn't play with Cammy and Plex, I will be infinitely per-Plexed. Seems like the Gomez line is what we expect. The ATM line has been (no pun intended) money for us. Why would he separate them now that Gio is going back? Hopefully it was just a practice thing.

Big big game for PK. Depending on what happens in the Philly game, even bigger against Boston. No, either way, both huge games for him.

Closed Thread