HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs vs Boston

Closed Thread

Old
12-15-2010, 06:59 AM
habtastic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2000z28 View Post
I can tell you guys one thing. The flyers won't be able to take the Habs down after playing the Penguins. They don't always show up to every game and they are focusing on Pittsburgh and probably won't show up against the habs. I know my team, just like i called what happend last time when they lost up here. The other board hated it, but i know my team. Regular season games against the habs, they don't play all that well or don't play a full 60.

I have been watching the habs all year and they are a very energectic team that usually doesn't come out flat except against Toronto(back to back against a great game in Detroit). My team is notorious for playing like ECF champions during some of the game and then reverting back to the team that barely made the playoffs last year during the same game. I gotta give it up to the Habs, they always seem to skate hard each and every night for the most part, something the Flyers could learn from them.
*anti-jinx*

yes, we were blistering against the toronto maple leafs. Such effort, such skill, such poise.

Nobody knows what's each team is going to look like. I hope they both play to their potential (and that we win). Gonna be an exciting game I hope.

Old
12-15-2010, 08:23 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
I do not know what you called and how you called it in 1st game. Flyers looked very good in both games against Montreal. They looked excellent in 1st back-to-back gamebut could not solve Price.

Flyers did not show up in one or two gamse this season but mostly because they played 10 games in 17 days.

If Flyers arrive to Montreal around 4-5am and lose the game, does it mean "you know" your team?
It's always tough to beat two decent teams in back to back situationon the road. You do not have to "know your team". It's common sense.

By the way, with exception of one game (against Columbus) Flyers always played well for the most part this season.
He's back !!!!

Old
12-15-2010, 08:33 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
He's back !!!!

Old
12-15-2010, 08:44 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:

It's alright, we know you will be gone by noon !

Old
12-15-2010, 09:29 AM
neofury*

Quote:
LOL I like your avatar.

Old
12-15-2010, 10:04 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

I just realized that there is no game saturday night
that is ****ing ********

Last edited by King Woodballs: 12-15-2010 at 10:17 AM.
Old
12-15-2010, 10:13 AM
Mike2000z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
*anti-jinx*

yes, we were blistering against the toronto maple leafs. Such effort, such skill, such poise.

Nobody knows what's each team is going to look like. I hope they both play to their potential (and that we win). Gonna be an exciting game I hope.

Right, but thats what i said. You came out flat against the leafs for whatever reason. You could have blown your load against Detroit so to speak and didn't have as much in the tank as you normally would have.

Just like last night the flyers won against their main rival and tonight could easily come out flat. I think they are like 4-2 after a back to back. Montreal is going to be extremly hungry waiting for them and playing in the Bell centre isn't easy for any team. I see a habs victory, hopefully they come out and play a decent game and not get embarrassed.

Old
12-15-2010, 10:16 AM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
I jusr realized that there is no game saturday night
that is ****ing ********
In fact, we don't play on Saturday until January 8th!

Old
12-15-2010, 10:17 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKiwi View Post
well that is understandable chirstmas and news years.....

Old
12-15-2010, 10:20 AM
Mike2000z28

Quote:
I do not know what you called and how you called it in 1st game. Flyers looked very good in both games against Montreal. They looked excellent in 1st back-to-back gamebut could not solve Price.

Flyers did not show up in one or two gamse this season but mostly because they played 10 games in 17 days.

If Flyers arrive to Montreal around 4-5am and lose the game, does it mean "you know" your team?
It's always tough to beat two decent teams in back to back situationon the road. You do not have to "know your team". It's common sense.

By the way, with exception of one game (against Columbus) Flyers always played well for the most part this season.

Cmon man, we were 1-5 after regulation, now 2-5 because we beat Boston. This team gets lazy, need i say more after the San Jose Game? They took that period off almost like they flipped a switch and thats how its been for them at times. Consistency isn't there. Its one thing to be consistent and lose to a better team which i can handle, but to play like a conference powerhouse one part of the game and a last place team the other part does no good.

After last year, sandbagging the season and only starting to play once you got in the playoffs proves my point. They have the talent, but for whatever reason decide to take nights off or periods and lose games they should win. They won't always be the better team, but at least be competitive consistently.

Sorry for the Hijack, this is a CDNS thread.

Old
12-15-2010, 10:21 AM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
well that is understandable chirstmas and news years.....
Did not realize there were no games in this league on Christmas... On New Year's day there are, however.

Old
12-15-2010, 10:22 AM
Mike2000z28

Quote:
Really that sucks. Your telling me i have to watch the leafs play the first of a double then? Oh boy!!!!!!!!

Old
12-15-2010, 10:25 AM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Really that sucks. Your telling me i have to watch the leafs play the first of a double then? Oh boy!!!!!!!!
Actually, the second of a double this Sat. They play @VAN.

EDIT: It seems that's the first game on CBC. Conflicting times on ESPN vs/ NHL.com

Old
12-15-2010, 10:34 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Tough test. I'd be happy with splitting the games. That Toronto game should have been money in the bank. I guess they felt that way too.

Old
12-15-2010, 10:45 AM
Mike2000z28

Montreal had a big letdown against the leafs and it was the first time i saw them have a really bad game. They didn't get killed, but knowing the hatred between them and how far superior Montreal is i was surprised.

Old
12-15-2010, 10:46 AM
roy munson

Ain't gonna be easy. But beating them both would be quite the boost after last weekends losses. Especially before going on a 7 games series on the road.

If this line (Cammy - Plekanec - AK) is reunited and performs as it did before, we might be in business. Can't wait to see Patches play with Gomez and Gionta, let's hope he can help them going strong.

What I'd like to see for the bottom 6:
Pouliot - Halpern - Darche
(Darche can play right, right?)
Moen - Eller - Lapierre
(Moen can play left, right?)
Pyatt

GO HABS GO !!!

Old
12-15-2010, 10:58 AM
Markovskaya

50-50 chances of seeing Spacek's double chin on the ice against the flyers according to the medias.

Old
12-15-2010, 11:09 AM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
I'm going to the Boston game, so I hope the Habs show up. What's encouraging is that Boston is playing in Buffalo on Wednesday, so hopefully they'll be a little tired.
Don't you think the Habs will have aftereffects from playing the Flyers on Wednesday? Edge: Boston.

Old
12-15-2010, 11:11 AM
GoodKiwi

If there were to be a split, I'd rather lose to PHI and get two points against BOS than the other way around. Wanna keep 1st place in NE.

Old
12-15-2010, 11:15 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Cmon man, we were 1-5 after regulation, now 2-5 because we beat Boston. This team gets lazy, need i say more after the San Jose Game? They took that period off almost like they flipped a switch and thats how its been for them at times. Consistency isn't there. Its one thing to be consistent and lose to a better team which i can handle, but to play like a conference powerhouse one part of the game and a last place team the other part does no good.
Lazy teams do not throw over 30-35 shots on goals and thats what Flyers do on most nights.

Consistency isn't there? You are way out of line with your opinion. Check out over all team statistic. Speaks louder than words. Sometimes teams can drop 1-3 straight games and does not mean THE effort is not there.
This is not NHL 2010 computer game.
Quote:
After last year, sandbagging the season and only starting to play once you got in the playoffs proves my point. They have the talent, but for whatever reason decide to take nights off or periods and lose games they should win. They won't always be the better team, but at least be competitive consistently.

Sorry for the Hijack, this is a CDNS thread.
**** last year. Who cares about last year? Flyers had ADD John Stevens as a head coach at the start of last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
It's alright, we know you will be gone by noon !
My dead line?

Last edited by Kaktus*: 12-15-2010 at 11:25 AM.
Old
12-15-2010, 11:16 AM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
If there were to be a split, I'd rather lose to PHI and get two points against BOS than the other way around. Wanna keep 1st place in NE.
Of course, but there are several possibilities, including winning against the Flyers while the Bruins lose to the Sabres. Winning against either the Bruins or the Flyers would be satisfying, just as losing to either would leave a bad taste.

Old
12-15-2010, 11:18 AM
Classified

Habs I/O says both Gomez and Spacek are back.

Old
12-15-2010, 11:20 AM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Pyatt & Weber out.

Price will have to stand on his head on the PK, especially if Plekanec or Halpern take a penalty. Bad move, IMO.

Sucks for Weber. He's played really well as Dar as I'm concerned.

Old
12-15-2010, 11:21 AM
Habiton

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy munson View Post
Ain't gonna be easy. But beating them both would be quite the boost after last weekends losses. Especially before going on a 7 games series on the road.

If this line (Cammy - Plekanec - AK) is reunited and performs as it did before, we might be in business. Can't wait to see Patches play with Gomez and Gionta, let's hope he can help them going strong.

What I'd like to see for the bottom 6:
Pouliot - Halpern - Darche
(Darche can play right, right?)
Moen - Eller - Lapierre
(Moen can play left, right?)
Pyatt

GO HABS GO !!!
Why would you demote Eller for? He has been playing great. Demote Halpern, leave the bottom six alone! Move Pyatt with Halpern and Lappiere and then Scratch Moen or Darche and play the other with Eller and Pouliot. Eller and Pouliot have great chemistry and Lapierre and Pyatt were the only ones getting real pressure during the whole Detriot game.

Old
12-15-2010, 11:26 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

I'm kinda curious to see how PK reacts. I'm sure the Flyers players will poke at him for being benched.

Closed Thread