HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose 5-3

Closed Thread

Old
12-15-2010, 10:15 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
Philly is a very good team. I'd say they're a favorite for the cup.

Habs are who they are a 7-8th placed team.
I totally disagree... They couldn't handle our speed, they are not much better than us especially if we can get three scoring lines.

adding Max was terrific, but I don't understand why ELLER wasnt used as much... He is very good with his puck control skills!

Old
RNiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Anyone who thinks our defense isn't **** needs to pull their head out of their ass. Beaten to every puck and absolutly no presense out there.
lol it was one game. Our D has been very good almost every game this year. They weren't even that bad tonight, outside of 3 horrible turnovers. Hammer's was a direct result of scrambling because of Spacek being out of position though.

Every D in the NHL, even the ones sitting in press boxes > Spacek

Old
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Gomez's best game of the season was tonight eh Bergeron?

He sure played a good game though.

Old
12-15-2010, 10:16 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by p3pto View Post
The refs were bad tonight but its absolutely not the reason we lost tonight so stop blaming the refs everytime we lose, they don't call obvious penalties EACH AND EVERY GAME.

The defence played horrendous and Price was meh.
They've been pretty good since the lockout but the last Habs games they've become the refs of the 80s. Not calling hooks and obvious calls. Gomez falling and them not calling it, lead to a goal.

Old
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
Just a bunch of mental errors. Montreal is known as a tight defensive unit which they completely got away from tonight.

Nobody was sharp really.

I don't have a clue what Eller has done to see his ice time just get chopped in almost a 1/3. His game was really picking it up and then wam, back to the fourth line.

Subban's game is up and down but its time to stabilize him with a veteran. Subban is making some errors but Picard isn't doing any young player trying to break into the league any favors either. Its a perfect time to move Subban with Hammer as Spacek has been brutal this year in all but a handful of games. It won't happen as Space goat seems to have immunity.

Positive, well Pacioretty however with how Eller has been handled now, i wouldn't be surprised if Patches was on the bus to Hamilton already.
I think Eller was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. His linemates (Darche and Moen) were horrible tonight so the entire line was puched aside by JM.

Old
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Subban was responsible for the last goal, the first one? To me it's debatable... But Picard is the one that got completely unravelled when he got taken one on one.

Either way, he was a very large part of our come back in the second period and I thought offensively he had a great game and showed us that he's taking more time and thinking his shots and passes through a little better.

Wasn't perfect, but again he's hardly the reason we lost. I can't harp on Price because he's won us a **** load of games, but I'm certain he'd admit himself he'd like to have a couple of the goals back.

Old
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
Pacioretty looks like Wolverine out there with Gomez and Gionta. If he keeps it up, we're in business.
Agree. As tough as this loss was, there is alot for us to be excited about going forward. If Pacioretty can be to Gomez and Gionta what Pouliot was to those two last year, we are in business.

Cammy-Pleks-AK
Pacioretty-Gomez-Gionta
Pouliot-Eller-Darche
Moen-Halpern-Lapierre

Thats a very good collection of forwards...

Old
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
I feel bad for PK, the expectations for him have become ridiculous. I think the majority of us have to take a step back and realize that he's still a rookie and will make mistakes.
Probably why Martin keeps making Price comparisons.

Old
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
I don't blame PK on his mistakes given he was so usefull on the offence. On the last goal he was involved with, it was all Gomez setting him up to screw up.
I don't like Gomez but blaming him on that last goal is just unfair. I don't care what Gomez did or where he was but PK should have never give up that puck to Richards like that... That was a play a la MA Bergeron. A WTF play.

Old
12-15-2010, 10:17 PM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPlex View Post
What the hell are you talking about? We don't make those stupid mistakes and the Flyers don't score. What else do you call that? Jedi mind tricks by the Flyers to cause us to make those mistakes?

Get a clue.
Right...

Flyers are just a better team, nothing wrong with that.

Old
12-15-2010, 10:17 PM
NHLcrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
I don't often whine about the refs but damn.. it was ugly tonight..
4 PP's in 3 game and 12 against ...no kidding

Old
12-15-2010, 10:18 PM
BelHabs

It's funny how the coach no longer looks like a genius when his goalie gives up 5 goals on 30 shots. Hopefully Price will snap back tomorrow night.

I was surprised to see some here thinking PK played poorly. He was voted the third star by the fans. I saw flashes of the "old" PK out there tonight for the first time since he's come back. Sure he made mistakes but none so glaring as the one Spacek made that cost us the game. It was 3-3 at the time and he makes an UNFORCED error right up the middle. Pleckanec has to take a penalty to prevent the Flyer for going right in, and they score on the powerplay.

Old
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Bad luck? No, this team just doesn't have the talent to hang with the Flyers. D is weak, players can't finish....same story.
hmmm looked like the Flyers couldn't hang with the Habsburg in that second period... At least that's what I saw in the game I was watching.

Old
MarkovsKnee

2 awful give-aways late in the game killed us, but missing open nets didn't help. I can't believe how many open nets we missed tonight. We whiffed or missed the net or hit the post. ****

Such a frustrating game to watch.

Patches was great and fun to watch. The Gomez line was good. Pouliot helped out the Pleks line a lot.

Spacek was awful. Picard a liability. Our D did not look good tonight. We are starting to miss Marky big time.

I thought we should've played Pyatt tonight and bench Darche, then sit Pyatt against the Bruins and play Darche.

The Flyers are fast. I wanted our fastest team possible out there. Pyatt would've added to that. The Bruins are big, so we should ice the biggest team possible. So dress Darche. It looks like JM will do the reverse because I expect Pyatt will play tomorrow.

Ultimately, the Carter line killed us too.

So many bad plays and bad luck.

Old
sheed36

Quote:
Damn reffs missing open nets!
Yup 3 games in a row now..

How you're not on everyone's IL is beyond me..

Old
FF de Mars

vCash: 915
It was a really nice game ! I loved the intensity. Screw the refs. I don't care anymore. It's not like we can't win with them against us.

For real : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cjv7hEAytU

It's the same thing in life. You can beat the stupid referees by playing even better.

Old
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
Subban was responsible for the last goal, the first one? To me it's debatable... But Picard is the one that got completely unravelled when he got taken one on one.

Either way, he was a very large part of our come back in the second period and I thought offensively he had a great game and showed us that he's taking more time and thinking his shots and passes through a little better.

Wasn't perfect, but again he's hardly the reason we lost. I can't harp on Price because he's won us a **** load of games, but I'm certain he'd admit himself he'd like to have a couple of the goals back.
Understatement of the year. Now I'm not going to jump on the kid after a bad game, but I remember getting ripped by alot of people saying that subban was hardly a finished product and we'll will have some very rough moments early on in his NHL career...

Old
12-15-2010, 10:19 PM
gusfring

Unless Picard and Spacek are replaced soon, this team is in trouble.

Old
ScottFC

I miss Markov

Old
AcadiaAxeMan

Send a message via MSN to AcadiaAxeMan Send a message via Yahoo to AcadiaAxeMan
A Coaches Loss!!

...... Dumbo with his supposed "structure" lost this one!! WTF other than role players, was on the "great opportunity" to rush shorthanded?? that led to the 4th goal??

.....then a PK brain fart??

man-o-man

We LOST this one ourselves!! (after playing a good anti-flyer game) Ten minutes left and we let them beat us?? WTFFFFF

Old
Megaforce

Eller screwed up on that shorthanded 3 on 2 when the game was tied, that led to the game winning Flyer goal. Eller didn't hustle to fight for the puck along the boards on the backcheck and then didn't cover his man in front of the net.

(Only saw a few minutes of the game, thanks the recaps!)

Old
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
well, positive point: Boston also lost tonight.
Win tomorrow will erase all.

Old
12-15-2010, 10:20 PM
Max Levine

We can blame a rookie for the last goal but the Flyers have scored 4 before that: one deflected by Gill, one deflected by Price himself, one on the PP after a 3-men inoffensive rush lead by Spacek with the score tied nearing the end of the period.

Old
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
You can beat the stupid referees by playing even better.
The referees weren't the issue. Just a bunch of bad bounces and dumb mistakes by the D cost us despite some very strong play by our forwards...

Old
TankEller*

Wonder why everybody makes that big of a deal about the 5th goal... when the 4th one (on which Eller was on the ice after being benched for 2 whole periods, and on the PK on top of that, which was caused by Spacek, who played an awful game all night long) was clearly the one losing the game for us.

Closed Thread