HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose 5-3

Closed Thread

Old
12-15-2010, 09:21 PM
Nedved

vCash: 500
that one hurt. Really seemed like the guys were running wild in the 3rd.

Price- seemed to struggle in finding the puck tonight, didn't look as smooth as noral.

I think we need to trade for a d, or the season will end badly come playoff time from guys getting too much ice-time like Spacek, Hamrlik, Gorges, Gill. We need someone who can log minutes and play some solid hockey.

Up front, I thought we played great. Had a lot of chances, couldn't capitalize. This isn't the same Pacioretty that was here last year, boy does he have lots of talent. Pouliot really impressed me tonight, he is really starting to turn into quite the player. Reminds me Havlat, hope he gets there.

We outplayed the flyers, and maybe we deserved a bit better tonight. Still a lot of positives in this game to take, the habs are going to be a good team for sometime if we can get another d-man. He needs to be top notch though, I think we can afford to give away a bit with where our team is at.

Old
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
The Flyers are a great team, took advantage of a couple of brain farts and that was that. If they play like that every night they'll win more than they'll lose. Could have easily won tonight.

Unfortunately we got caught in a time warp and ended up back in 2001 for 3 periods.

Old
zx81

Pretty much all our defensemen were horrible.
Spacek deserves to sit some games.
Hamrlik was also putrid.
Subban with 2 costly giveaways.

Overall way too many stupid giveaways by the D's.
Price didn't help with his worst game of the year.

P.S.
What happened to the 3rd period powerplays ? Looks like the opponents have the immunity. I think the Habs got 1 PP in the last 4 games in the 3rd period.

Old
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
hmmm looked like the Flyers couldn't hang with the Habsburg in that second period... At least that's what I saw in the game I was watching.
Too bad the game has 3 periods.

Old
RNiner

My comment on the refs:

I've seen a gradual dissapearing of the whistle all throughout the NHL this season, something that hadn't happened until the playoffs the last couple of years. It feels like we're right back to the pre-lockout nonsense, and the players are starting to realize it and do more slashing, hooking, grabbing, etc.

I don't know why the reffing can't stay consistant, even from the same effing guy year-to-year... but it is very frustrating. Either call the book or change the book.

Old
12-15-2010, 09:23 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
I don't like Gomez but blaming him on that last goal is just unfair. I don't care what Gomez did or where he was but PK should have never give up that puck to Richards like that... That was a play a la MA Bergeron. A WTF play.
It was a brainfarth but it was something of automatic like Gomez passed to Subban and Subban wanted to send him back the puck and there was an interception.

Old
12-15-2010, 09:24 PM
Stradale

So much negativity in this thread.

Here's a good news. Sergei scores again tonight, extending is point streak to 7 games.

Old
12-15-2010, 09:24 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

You guys remember that blind pass to nobody, while Habs were pressuring, that ended outside the Ref Wings zone and resulted in the empty net? That was Spacek's doing. This guy brain farts all the time.

Old
12-15-2010, 09:25 PM
Dont Poke Subban
Fall is coming

oh well at least giroux scored a goal. helped my pool.

Old
Forsead

The habs didn't loose because they were abd or because they are an inferior team they loose the game because they didn't have concentration or the focus in the game.

Old
Purple Hayes

At least PK finally showed respect to Richards by passing him the puck so Richards could set up the 5th goal. Good on him.

Old
12-15-2010, 09:26 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
It was a brainfarth but it was something of automatic like Gomez passed to Subban and Subban wanted to send him back the puck and there was an interception.
You can not play fancy like that in the defensive zone, especially against Richards and Giroux.

Subban was not pressure, he didn't need to make that "pass".

Old
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
Quote:
I don't like Gomez but blaming him on that last goal is just unfair. I don't care what Gomez did or where he was but PK should have never give up that puck to Richards like that... That was a play a la MA Bergeron. A WTF play.
How can you say you don't care where Gomez was? If he is where he should be then PK doesn't have to make that pass to a guy who is covered. Gomez continues to be lazy in the defensive zone. He didn't want to take a hit to make a play and he didn't even come back to his zone to help out his d..rather he though it was best that he move further away from PK, removing himself from the play.

Old
zx81

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNiner View Post
My comment on the refs:

I've seen a gradual dissapearing of the whistle all throughout the NHL this season, something that hadn't happened until the playoffs the last couple of years. It feels like we're right back to the pre-lockout nonsense, and the players are starting to realize it and do more slashing, hooking, grabbing, etc.

I don't know why the reffing can't stay consistant, even from the same effing guy year-to-year... but it is very frustrating. Either call the book or change the book.
Welcome in the Terry Gregson era.

Old
12-15-2010, 09:27 PM
RNiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
that one hurt. Really seemed like the guys were running wild in the 3rd.

Price- seemed to struggle in finding the puck tonight, didn't look as smooth as noral.

I think we need to trade for a d, or the season will end badly come playoff time from guys getting too much ice-time like Spacek, Hamrlik, Gorges, Gill. We need someone who can log minutes and play some solid hockey.

Up front, I thought we played great. Had a lot of chances, couldn't capitalize. This isn't the same Pacioretty that was here last year, boy does he have lots of talent. Pouliot really impressed me tonight, he is really starting to turn into quite the player. Reminds me Havlat, hope he gets there.

We outplayed the flyers, and maybe we deserved a bit better tonight. Still a lot of positives in this game to take, the habs are going to be a good team for sometime if we can get another d-man. He needs to be top notch though, I think we can afford to give away a bit with where our team is at.
I like that we've waited to make a decision, because not too long ago it was all about how badly we needed a top 6 W and that our D was fine. Things can change quickly, I see no reason to rush any decisions.

Pouliot has been excellent, and MaxPac's 1st game was quite the eye-opener.

Now we just need to get Weber in the lineup. There have been comments on how tired some of our vet D have been. We don't need to trade for one, we need to play the D kids we have in our system more.

Old
Habiton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8KQmps-Sog

**** Philly, let the fire burn and we will burn them when it counts. A few weeks before Gio holds up Lord Stanley.

Old
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelHabs View Post
It's funny how the coach no longer looks like a genius when his goalie gives up 5 goals on 30 shots. Hopefully Price will snap back tomorrow night.
Thats a lot of how this team is. Montreal blocks a lot of shots and appear to be a strong defensive unit, greater than the sum of their parts, but the reality is what makes them a good defense from an average one is Carey Price. He has masked the consistent blunders this team makes defensively on the majority of nights.

Even with Markov, Montreal needed a top 4 defenseman. Right now, Hammer is a good number three with Gorges as a 4 but now you have guys like Gill, Spacek and Subban playing top 4 minutes and sometimes top 2 minutes when they should be playing 5-6 defenseman minutes. They are breaking down and getting further exposed night after night.

Old
12-15-2010, 09:28 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagielski41 View Post
oh well at least giroux scored a goal. helped my pool.
Yeah well I hope he doesn't score anymore this year..

Old
12-15-2010, 09:28 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
You can not play fancy like that in the defensive zone, especially against Richards and Giroux.

Subban was not pressure, he didn't need to make that "pass".
Sure he made the mistake. But I understand given his age how he made it.

Anyway i'll take his negatives because of his positives tonight.

Old
12-15-2010, 09:29 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Win tomorrow will erase all.
And that will especially be a big game for the division, too.

Old
RNiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
So because I think the Flyers are a better team than the Habs, I'm a debbie downer? They're arguably the best team in the league. Delusional much?
You make some good points every now and then JB, but yes, you are a debbie downer.

Old
PyrettaBlaze*

OK children.

Breathe in, breathe out. Breathe in, breathe out.

Get a drink or light up a doobie... Calm down. Relax. Chill the **** out.

Old
XperHFB

isss ok isss ok isss oookk..... Boston lost, isss ok.

Old
12-15-2010, 09:31 PM
TankEller*

This team needs another d-man. You just can't afford to play 5 D and a "filler". We need a top-4 d-man to take some load off Spacek and Hamrlik's shoulders.

Old
12-15-2010, 09:31 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
All I can ask is...wtf was Spacek doing on that pass that led to Pleks' penalty?

That was game right there.
this

some stupid no look weak ass flip right into...yes...the middle of the ice.
THAT was the game right there. When we're down, PK's mistakes don't help since he's forcing it, but man Spacek....
Even though he shouldn't have to do this, on the 4th goal, Hammer sweeps it into the crease with Eller just standing around. Throw it to the corner!

I agree, Picard although previously solid is starting to exacerbate PK's mistakes.

positive: I think aside from the mistakes, we played very well and got some serious momentum

very positive: we have a legit Gomez line. MaxPac was all we wanted him to be and the chemistry will just build

minor tweaks: AK and Cammy need to not whiff on some sure goals, although they played well enough to not deserve any blame. If we want to be unbeatable, we have to capitalize on our chances.

Great pushback down 3-1. Horrible reffing (oddly timed) leading to unforced errors, leading to goals that Price didn't really have much of a chance on/were great finishes. The missed high stick on (I think Pouliot?) just before the play went the other way for the 4th goal was the turning point.

Also, that was the first CLEAR over the glass penalty that I've seen not get called. WTF was with that?

Closed Thread