HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose 5-3

Closed Thread

Old
12-15-2010, 10:32 PM
Stradale

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
How can you say you don't care where Gomez was? If he is where he should be then PK doesn't have to make that pass to a guy who is covered. Gomez continues to be lazy in the defensive zone. He didn't want to take a hit to make a play and he didn't even come back to his zone to help out his d..rather he though it was best that he move further away from PK, removing himself from the play.
Like I said, PK wasn't pressure on that play, making a pass right on Richards tape like that make everyone else look bad because they are not where they should be. PK should have just wait for more options, he HAD time.

Old
12-15-2010, 10:35 PM
Stradale

Wow, if we lose tomorrow against the Bruins, we drop 5 spots (8th).

Old
Craig71

Great teams take advantage of costly mistakes that lesser teams make. The Flyers gained valuable experience from going to the finals and are a better team this year than last. They have size and lots of skill and it is no fluke they are number 1. With all that said, our guys have to learn to turn on the intensity for more than 1 period. It is obvious our D needs some help. Too much responsibility for Spacek and Hamrlik in their late 30s. I hope we break out of this against Boston or the panic button will be on TILT.

Old
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
this

some stupid no look weak ass flip right into...yes...the middle of the ice.
THAT was the game right there. When we're down, PK's mistakes don't help since he's forcing it, but man Spacek....
Even though he shouldn't have to do this, on the 4th goal, Hammer sweeps it into the crease with Eller just standing around. Throw it to the corner!

I agree, Picard although previously solid is starting to exacerbate PK's mistakes.

positive: I think aside from the mistakes, we played very well and got some serious momentum

very positive: we have a legit Gomez line. MaxPac was all we wanted him to be and the chemistry will just build

minor tweaks: AK and Cammy need to not whiff on some sure goals, although they played well enough to not deserve any blame. If we want to be unbeatable, we have to capitalize on our chances.

Great pushback down 3-1. Horrible reffing (oddly timed) leading to unforced errors, leading to goals that Price didn't really have much of a chance on/were great finishes. The high stick on (I think Pouliot?) just before the play went the other way for the 4th goal was the turning point.
If the Habs could have held on till overtime, I think they would have won this game. I still don't know what in the **** Spacek was thinking, but of course he's right back out there. If anybody needs to sit and feel shame, it's him, not PK.

Old
sheed36

The Flyers are red hot right now with **** going their way so hopefully they are peaking early but die early when the games start to count in April..

There's nothing worse than losing to the Bruins, Flyers and Leafs so the Habs better win tomorrow... Should add the Sens in there too I suppose..

Old
12-15-2010, 10:37 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Very proud of the boys tonight. Strong character game, we never backed down. Onto tomorrow.

Old
12-15-2010, 10:40 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
Great teams take advantage of costly mistakes that lesser teams make. The Flyers gained valuable experience from going to the finals and are a better team this year than last. They have size and lots of skill and it is no fluke they are number 1. With all that said, our guys have to learn to turn on the intensity for more than 1 period. It is obvious our D needs some help. Too much responsibility for Spacek and Hamrlik in their late 30s. I hope we break out of this against Boston or the panic button will be on TILT.
Yeah if the Habs leave for their 7 game road trip on a 4 game losing streak this could get ugly and might last a while.. We'll see what this team is made of in the next 2 weeks..

Will they be pretenders or contenders? Stay tuned to find out..

Old
12-15-2010, 10:42 PM
TheHabMan43
You'd Better RUN!

Has everyone completely forgotten the no-call when Philly shot the puck over the glass in the first? It could have gotten the Habs started early.

Old
12-15-2010, 10:42 PM
Teufelsdreck

Lots of mistakes against a team that can take advantage of them. A few bright spots, although none from the Dmen. The Habs got lots og shots and the 3rd period rally was inspiring although negated by mistakes. Pacioretty was everything he was supposed to be. He looks like the real deal on the Gomez line. Meen can finally be placed on a lower line from now on. Pouliot had a good game.

Old
12-15-2010, 10:43 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Bergie says Andrei is a wimping boy. Wow when was Andrei ever punished except for tonight?

Old
12-15-2010, 10:44 PM
MarkovsKnee

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysonlu View Post
You guys remember that blind pass to nobody, while Habs were pressuring, that ended outside the Ref Wings zone and resulted in the empty net? That was Spacek's doing. This guy brain farts all the time.
Yeah, I know. Two brutal blind passes that either cost us the game (tonight) or solidified a win for the other team (Detroit). And, he's the veteran!!

At this point, Spacek looks like a buy-out candidate at the end of this year. He's been brutal. The game has gotten too fast for him.

He's simply not a top pairing defenseman anymore. Maybe, he could be a lot better on the bottom pairing.

We need a stud two-way D more than a top 6 forward right now.

Old
Maliki2

Love how everyone is turning PKs brainfarts into Picards problems. I'm not a fan of Picard but christ some of you elevate PK to godlike status. The guy hasn't been that good this year and was directly responsible for 2 goals tonight, just like Price brainfarted on one. Its going to happen.

Seeing some blame Gomez for Pks last brainfart just makes me shake my head. If PK didnt have a outlet he should have just banked off the boards and out. He's a rookie and it will happen, and he can expect to be benched again. It happens to rookies, its the game.

Old
duckchobbins

No worries guys. Your beloved Canadiens play the heartless Bruins tomorrow night. Lately for us, it's been like watching the Wizard of Oz characters prior to reaching Emerald City. No heart, no brains, no guts. No cute little puppy either. Though I suppose you could make a case for the red high heels

Old
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHabMan43 View Post
Has everyone completely forgotten the no-call when Philly shot the puck over the glass 10 seconds in? It could have gotten the Habs started early.
Except our pp sucks.

Did you forget the two missed high sticks that could have landed the habs in the penalty box and got the flyers started even earlier ?

Old
12-15-2010, 10:46 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
Pacioretty looks like Wolverine out there with Gomez and Gionta. If he keeps it up, we're in business.
I only got to see about 10 minutes of the game, but they did look good out there. If Gionta's shot didn't abandon him he would have had 2 goals that period.

Old
zx81

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHabMan43 View Post
Has everyone completely forgotten the no-call when Philly shot the puck over the glass in the first? It could have gotten the Habs started early.
I really would have liked to see the replay on this one.
I thought it was an obvious penalty.
It's like we're playing with a different set of rules recently.

Old
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
The referees weren't the issue. Just a bunch of bad bounces and dumb mistakes by the D cost us despite some very strong play by our forwards...
Of course. But I'm suspecting the referees to be tired of our antics, for example our crowd or players (subtile) complaining about penalties. And you quote the last line of my three paragraph post ! But of course, we made a couple of blatant D errors. However, I'm encouraged by the overall performance. Subban, Eller, Pacioretty and even Pouliot and Kostitsyn can improve as they are relatively young, even the last two.

Old
12-15-2010, 10:47 PM
Max Levine

Will Martin scratch Subban tomorrow night? The same way he punished AK tonight?

You had a good 3rd line with Pouliot-Eller-Darche and you replace Pouliot with Moen. What kind of results do you expect?

You had a good checking line with Pyatt-Halpern-Lapierre (or Moen) and you replace Pyatt with AK (to punish him). What kind of results do you expect?

You call up your farm team's best scorer because of a lack of production but you punish one of your top 6 in the same move and end up with two ineffective lines. Was JM really thinking that AK-Halpern-Lapierre was going to be a better checking line? And what was he expecting from Moen-Eller-Darche?

We can blame the Subban, Spacek, Picard and co. but when your forwards are standing too far away from your D and your own lines are mismatched, the coach needs to take part of the blame.

Old
12-15-2010, 10:48 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Eller 6:17 why?

Old
12-15-2010, 10:55 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

I think were 0-2 without Pyatt this year and our PK was partly responsible for both losses. Just saying.

Old
12-15-2010, 10:55 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
And then, he was thrown out there for the PK late in the game.

Old
12-15-2010, 10:56 PM
MarkovsKnee

What really sucks is that this was the first time this season we actually came back from a 2-goal deficit to tie the game. And then we blow all that hard work through two stupid errors, so we still have no come from behind wins this season. This could've been the first.

Could'ves, would'ves, should'ves are for losers though.

Old
12-15-2010, 10:58 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
No worries guys. Your beloved Canadiens play the heartless Bruins tomorrow night. Lately for us, it's been like watching the Wizard of Oz characters prior to reaching Emerald City. No heart, no brains, no guts. No cute little puppy either. Though I suppose you could make a case for the red high heels
Lets just give each team a point and not even bother playing the game..

The Bruins are getting the 3 losses in a row Habs at the right time with #4 looking like a very good possibility right about now...

Old
12-15-2010, 10:58 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
A lot changes when the team is trailing, which we were almost the entire game. Eller wasn't played much because Martin wanted to get Gomez and Plekanec's line out there as much as possible. It wasn't cuz he was playing badly, it was just a question of circumstance.

Crazy game tonight--tons of effort but really bad mistakes against the best team in the league. I really like what i saw from the forwards, overall. These lines looked really good. We just need to get the lead in a couple of games in a row and then we'll be off and running. To me, Pouliot or AK on the top line, same difference--as long it's not Moen.

The real problem is the D. We need another guy who's mobile back there and can help with the offense, like getting pucks on net. I hope Weber gets in there tomorrow, maybe for Picard.

Old
12-15-2010, 11:00 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Jacques Martin.

While having some good shifts, Eller was used only like 5 min. after 2 and a half period. For some reason, Martin puts him on the ice on a PK. Oh looky, he didn't cover his man, lead to a goal. Keep warming the bench kid. That in front of his dad, coming all the way from Denmark.

AK was sent up and down from line 1 to 4 in the game. He finished the game with 5 shots, 3 hits and +/- of 0 but from the way he was used, looked more like he costs the team 3 goals and took 4 penalties.

Closed Thread