HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers @ Penguins

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-15-2010, 10:17 PM
  #101
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
My apologies if it has been posted already, but can anybody point me to the helmet tap by Crosby on Henrik?

I totally missed that, but am seeing mention of it everywhere. If he did that, what a d1ck.
I saw that too, what a little *****.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 10:22 PM
  #102
SouthJerseyRanger
Registered User
 
SouthJerseyRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 1,041
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Huge win for the Rangers tonight. Another character win imo.

This team is doing a good job of dealing with adversity and have completely bought into the coach. Tonight my friends I give a ton of credit to Tortorella. Perfect game plan. He knew the Pens had an emotional loss and a lot of games lately, he knew it was difficult to get back on the horse after 12 straight wins, so he had his team play a hard, dirty defense first game and wait until their chances came in the third.

Give the players credit for sticking with it. I thought they couldnt make a damn pass to save their lives and were getting totally outplayed for the first half of the game, their offensive spacing was shiit - but their defensive positioning was spot on and they forced the Pens to take shots from the outside for the most part. They didnt give the Pens successive powerplays, they kept the odd-man rushes down and they did what they had to do to gut through 2 periods. It was frustrating to watch them pull off the forecheck completely like they were conceding any offensive pressure, but 5 minutes into the third you could see the tables start to turn as the Pens legs completely gave out.

Then the Rangers turned it up and we saw something tonight that we havent seen in years IMO, a killer instinct. They had a good team on the ropes and they buried them. Its easy to say that the Pens tired out and the Rangers took advantage but the Rangers played a smart game and took it to them when they had the chance. Kudos to the coaching staff and the players on this one.

Cally is a huge loss, no doubt. But maybe theres a silver lining, when he comes back in 4-6 weeks itll be another boost to a team who is getting production from different players on a nightly basis. Because of it, 33 Games in and the Rangers are 9th in the league with an average of yes... finally - 3.00 G/G. How about that!?
Love the fact that we are averaging 3 goals per game...

I wouldn't change too much about how Torts is implementing his players. Every line is getting chances and putting up goals. Some might say that it's useless having Christensen on this team as a 4th liner, but I think that's dead wrong. It's huge when you can have 3 lines that consistently score goals.. AS WELL as a couple of guys like Avery and Christensen that can bury one every few games and give the team a big spark. It's a long way from the Tom Renney 4th line... which would pot maybe 5-10 markers for the YEAR. Christensen alone should approach 15 this year.

Now, we really need to get Prospal back up on the top line feeding the puck to Gabby.

SouthJerseyRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 10:24 PM
  #103
ColonialsHockey10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,419
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I thought Avery only fought guys smaller than him?

That's one of the things that opposing fans will say that lets you know that they know absolutely nothing about the guy, past the Phaneuf "incident" and Marty stick-wagging.

Good on him. He's supposed to be a spark for the team. and tonight, he definitely was.
I was thinking the exact same thing when Avery fought. He actually has quite an impressive resume, and he's a good middleweight. He has won all the recent fights I can remember.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 10:28 PM
  #104
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,864
vCash: 500
Yeah Gabby needs something.

But im sick of hearing "oh, the insert team name here have done a great job shutting down Gaborik tonight"

I think that only goes so far. Gaborik can do more out there, when he started skating later in the game the chances started coming. Hes got to find a way to move around the ice and draw defenders away from other players. He cant just play his normal shark like game waiting in the weeds because he is easily shadowed or picke dup by excellent defenseman like Orpik.

If Gabby ever gets going, really going this team can really be a threat.

Another HUGE positive tonight - they won this game 4-1 on the Road in Pitt and it wasnt all about Lundqvist. Thats a very good sign and something thats starting to take place a lot more often. Lundqvist had a relatively quiet game and just did what he had to do with a solid defensive effort in front of him.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 10:29 PM
  #105
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Huge win for the Rangers tonight. Another character win imo.

This team is doing a good job of dealing with adversity and have completely bought into the coach. Tonight my friends I give a ton of credit to Tortorella. Perfect game plan. He knew the Pens had an emotional loss and a lot of games lately, he knew it was difficult to get back on the horse after 12 straight wins, so he had his team play a hard, dirty defense first game and wait until their chances came in the third.

Give the players credit for sticking with it. I thought they couldnt make a damn pass to save their lives and were getting totally outplayed for the first half of the game, their offensive spacing was shiit - but their defensive positioning was spot on and they forced the Pens to take shots from the outside for the most part. They didnt give the Pens successive powerplays, they kept the odd-man rushes down and they did what they had to do to gut through 2 periods. It was frustrating to watch them pull of the forecheck completely like they were conceding any offensive pressure, but 5 minutes into the third you could see the tables start to turn as the Pens legs completely gave out.

Then the Rangers turned it up and we saw something tonight that we havent seen in years IMO, a killer instinct. They had a good team on the ropes and they buried them. Its easy to say that the Pens tired out and the Rangers took advantage but the Rangers played a smart game and took it to them when they had the chance. Kudos to the coaching staff and the players on this one.

Cally is a huge loss, no doubt. But maybe theres a silver lining, when he comes back in 4-6 weeks itll be another boost to a team who is getting production from different players on a nightly basis. Because of it, 33 Games in and the Rangers are 9th in the league with an average of yes... finally - 3.00 G/G. How about that!?

I am very proud of my team tonight.
and this is with Gabby being very...ungabbylike.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 10:29 PM
  #106
NYRamonte10
Registered User
 
NYRamonte10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 152
vCash: 500
Boyle

I can't get over how smooth Boyle looks out there scoring goals. He took that pass, looked up, saw blocker side and buried it. That's a real Gabby-caliber snipe. Him, Prust and Staal are my favorite Rangers right now...

NYRamonte10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 10:37 PM
  #107
Rangerfans
Registered User
 
Rangerfans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,097
vCash: 500
Drury played a HELL of a game. Welcome back, Captain. I don't care what the nay-sayers say, it is GREAT to see you back.

Rangerfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 10:40 PM
  #108
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,056
vCash: 500
Penguins/Orpik = Gabby's Kryptonite... When was the last time he had a good game against the Pens? Feels like it's been forever...

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 10:41 PM
  #109
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!
 
Florida Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa, FLA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,000
vCash: 500
Wait... Wasn't the last win against Pissburgh said to be a "fluke" by some?

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 10:46 PM
  #110
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,917
vCash: 50
So its good we get Drury back just in time to replace Callahan; At this stage in their careers Cally is probly the better player, but hopefully Drury will be taking some faceoffs.

Dubinsky-Stepan-Gaborik
Frolov-Anisimov-Zuccarello
Fedotenko-Boyle-Drury
Avery-Christensen-Prust

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 10:46 PM
  #111
lbrowne
Registered User
 
lbrowne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Alberta
Posts: 2,121
vCash: 500
Got home, watched the game which was PVR'd so I could see the details of the game.

Callahan - what a huge loss.

Drury - hardly looked out of place and played great.

Stepan is lucky he never got seriously hurt on Cooke's slewfoot, what a cheap cheap play. Why can't this guy have some sort of career ending injury for all the intent to injure moves he does? (and being successful at times) There's a lots of players that I don't like in this league, but none else that I would wish that upon.

Hank played good, but the team played great around him too.

Loved Boyle trash talkin to Crosby, and following it up with a gabby-type snipe.

Anyone else laugh at how Malkin hid behind the refs and then decided to start swinging at Boyle? lol

Pens announcers still up there as one of the worse commentating duos, they don't disappoint.

Finally,

PUT THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT STAGGY

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 11:04 PM
  #112
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts
 
haohmaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fleming Island, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 5,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfans View Post
Drury played a HELL of a game. Welcome back, Captain. I don't care what the nay-sayers say, it is GREAT to see you back.
Totally with you on that. People need to start ignoring the cap hit and start seeing what he brings to the team. He wasn't on team USA for nothing.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 11:05 PM
  #113
Zil
Registered User
 
Zil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
I was thinking the exact same thing when Avery fought. He actually has quite an impressive resume, and he's a good middleweight. He has won all the recent fights I can remember.
Tootoo owned him when they fought a few weeks back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrowne View Post
Stepan is lucky he never got seriously hurt on Cooke's slewfoot, what a cheap cheap play. Why can't this guy have some sort of career ending injury for all the intent to injure moves he does? (and being successful at times) There's a lots of players that I don't like in this league, but none else that I would wish that upon.
Him and Jarkko Ruutu. Two punks who run around trying to hurt people who've both spent stints with Pittsburgh (and Vancouver strangely enough).

Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 11:25 PM
  #114
WPGNYRFan
Registered User
 
WPGNYRFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,202
vCash: 1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrowne View Post
Got home, watched the game which was PVR'd so I could see the details of the game.

Callahan - what a huge loss.

Drury - hardly looked out of place and played great.

Stepan is lucky he never got seriously hurt on Cooke's slewfoot, what a cheap cheap play. Why can't this guy have some sort of career ending injury for all the intent to injure moves he does? (and being successful at times) There's a lots of players that I don't like in this league, but none else that I would wish that upon.

Hank played good, but the team played great around him too.

Loved Boyle trash talkin to Crosby, and following it up with a gabby-type snipe.

Anyone else laugh at how Malkin hid behind the refs and then decided to start swinging at Boyle? lol

Pens announcers still up there as one of the worse commentating duos, they don't disappoint.

Finally,

PUT THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT STAGGY
Over on the Pens GDT there were a few people talking about how, if they weren't Pens fans, they'd want to strangle someone if they had to listen to those announcers for a whole game!

WPGNYRFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 11:40 PM
  #115
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,689
vCash: 500
Ugh, I went over to the Pens thread out of curiosity. Apparently, Sid was yapping at "some AHLer". Too bad that AHLer came back and sniped a score from the side as their team collapsed.

And they were complaining about Hank whining..the Pittsburgh Crosby's were crying about a player whining...god damn, i've seen it all.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 11:47 PM
  #116
BrandNewDream
Registered User
 
BrandNewDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bayonne, NJ
Country: Poland
Posts: 1,278
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Ugh, I went over to the Pens thread out of curiosity. Apparently, Sid was yapping at "some AHLer". Too bad that AHLer came back and sniped a score from the side as their team collapsed.

And they were complaining about Hank whining..the Pittsburgh Crosby's were crying about a player whining...god damn, i've seen it all.
This is why, quite literally, this is the only board on HF that I visit.

BrandNewDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 11:51 PM
  #117
Bardof425*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,028
vCash: 500
Great win, showed patience, grit and killer instinct.

- Avery fight definitely got things going. I doubt Asham would fight anyone else when the other team needed momentum so badly. But he wouldn't pass up a chance to dance with Avery; worked out for us.
- Roszival had a very strong game (which I normally don't say, or believe)
- Gabby wasn't as invisible as some are saying. Made a great pass to Boyle and then got real unlucky when Orpick's shin guard got in the way of an empty netter.
- Frolov is beginning to impress. He's underappreciated on that line but it takes three to cycle and do what they are doing and he's just as responsible as Prust or Boyle.
- Boyle was a monster tonight; loved him upsetting both Cindy and that Fuggly Russian they call Gino
- Hank played a strong game
- Sucks losing Cally, but better now than in March. I don't think they'll bring anyone up.
- Pens fans should be ignored; there is no fan base which are greater front runners than Penguin fans. Which is why they lose their right to say *****. When the team sucked they received no support and Mario was ready to move the team then they rigged the lottery and Cindy was found. Frig them one and all; they are fakers and unworthy of our attention.
- Michael Sauer and Michael Del Zotto both had strong games; the future is definitely bright and according to Shoney, McD is about ready to come up. He has definite NHL skills and his seasoning and adjustment period are almost over. Another upgrade to our D right around the corner.
- Matt Cooke is a punk and gave us the key PP and Dupuis without question hindered Hank's ability to make a save (his stick was stuck in Hank's pad and he was leaning on Hank's shoulder). Cindy said he saw the replay and it was close. Uh Uh. That has to be called; Rozi did not force him to impede Hank. He's lucky he didn't get a penalty.
- Keep it going tomorrow night; every point matter; obviously. LGR!!!

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 12:31 AM
  #118
Celestial Black
Registered User
 
Celestial Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 6,824
vCash: 500
Any video of the helmet tap?

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 12:39 AM
  #119
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial Black View Post
Any video of the helmet tap?
i actually saw it

crosby just skated in and like he was trying to hit the puck he instead whacked his helmet...im surprised there was no reaction by the rangers on that.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 01:09 AM
  #120
BKBlackRanger
My Glove******Instagram
 
BKBlackRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Richland, Wa
Country: Barbados
Posts: 569
vCash: 500
Torts:"Dru has balls as big as the building."--Classic

Rangers 5-0 when E.C. scores a goal...well we got about 3 more wins booked lol

BKBlackRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 01:40 AM
  #121
mti79
Registered User
 
mti79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,250
vCash: 50
I had to bowl tonight so I tried to DVR the game on VS. For some reason it was not shown. First game all year that I was unable to watch a game either live or on delay. Not happy about that at all and not sure why that was the case tonight.... I better be able to watch the game tonight or I'll be furious.

Glad to see that EC, Fro, AA and Boyle scored. It's great to see the Rangers win a game when it isn't Gabs pacing the team.

I also wandered over to the Pitt boards and apparently our team "sucks", our goalie does nothing but "cry" to the refs and their team is God... I hate how their announcers call the players "Sid" and "Geno" like their best friends with the players. Be professional and call the freaking game. It'd be weird if Sam and Joe were like "Dubi to Cally to Staalsy" or anything like that. Maybe I'm biased cause I've been listening to Sam for 25 years, but imo he's one the best in the business and it's not even close....

Hoping for a big win tonight vs PHX.

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 01:43 AM
  #122
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 16,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Yeah Gabby needs something.

But im sick of hearing "oh, the insert team name here have done a great job shutting down Gaborik tonight"

I think that only goes so far. Gaborik can do more out there, when he started skating later in the game the chances started coming. Hes got to find a way to move around the ice and draw defenders away from other players. He cant just play his normal shark like game waiting in the weeds because he is easily shadowed or picke dup by excellent defenseman like Orpik.

If Gabby ever gets going, really going this team can really be a threat.

Another HUGE positive tonight - they won this game 4-1 on the Road in Pitt and it wasnt all about Lundqvist. Thats a very good sign and something thats starting to take place a lot more often. Lundqvist had a relatively quiet game and just did what he had to do with a solid defensive effort in front of him.
Absoutely. If Gaborik, Christensen and Frolov played to their potential even most nights, along with those who already are, this team could be legitimately scary.

Consistency has always been one of the biggest problems for the team as a whole, and until they are all on the same page, they will continue to be a step below a threat, unfortunately.

__________________
Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 01:59 AM
  #123
RangerBlue62
Smoothies! Who's in?
 
RangerBlue62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,867
vCash: 500


For anyone that missed it.

RangerBlue62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 02:16 AM
  #124
BrandNewDream
Registered User
 
BrandNewDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bayonne, NJ
Country: Poland
Posts: 1,278
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKBlackRanger View Post
Torts:"Dru has balls as big as the building."--Classic

Rangers 5-0 when E.C. scores a goal...well we got about 3 more wins booked lol
Where did Torts say that?!

BrandNewDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 02:21 AM
  #125
KingLundqvistXXX
Confetti & Balloons
 
KingLundqvistXXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 990
vCash: 500
These 2 wins are the best of the season so far against the NHL's favorite players/teams. Screw your Winter Classic "fan favorite fake rivalry"!!!

Let's Go Rangers!!!!

KingLundqvistXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.