HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pronger's foot surgery: likely to return vs. Ottawa on January 20

Old
12-16-2010, 12:17 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan187 View Post
Would be a good idea but I'm sure that won't happen. Lavy knows what he is doing that is for sure. I have learned to not question his decisions to get the best out of the players.
I know your Shelly's biggest fan on here, but even you cant deny how our 4th line has finally cycled in the offensive zone. That has NEVER happened when Shelly was on it....never. I trust Lavy too and I trust Lavy to not listen to Homer who probablly wants to put Shelly on the ice.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 12:22 AM
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I know your Shelly's biggest fan on here, but even you cant deny how our 4th line has finally cycled in the offensive zone. That has NEVER happened when Shelly was on it....never. I trust Lavy too and I trust Lavy to not listen to Homer who probablly wants to put Shelly on the ice.
You honestly think Homer told Lavy to keep Shelley on the ice? Yeah I loved how our 4th line played against the pens and habs, but this is the regular season. Having Shelley in there is not a bad idea until the playoffs. He is a good team player and doesn't slow our team down much at all. It just sucks having to scratch a good player for him. But, he plays his role with us that no other player does.

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 12:28 AM
wahoowa
All in the Game

Quote:
I'm feeling a goal or two from JVR against the Habs.

wahoowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 12:40 AM
JABEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Or since we are winning games, and our 4th line is finally cycling (which it hasnt all season long) we leave our lines together and Shelly can sit.
Are you sure you mean Shelley? He's been the best player on the team this season. Who benches the team MVP?

JABEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 01:03 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoowa View Post
Didn't I ban you!? I really need to practice with these mod controls.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 01:08 AM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPhish5858 View Post
We beat my two most hated teams on back to back nights. And we got Cliff Lee. Yes.
I'd say that's a pretty good couple of days... just need a Phish concert in there somewhere.

CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 01:16 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 554
Pronger's injury:

According to Sam, it could be a foot or lower leg injury to Pronger (knee was not mentioned).

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 01:32 AM
Philadelphia Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Pronger's injury:

According to Sam, it could be a foot or lower leg injury to Pronger (knee was not mentioned).
I was watching the highlights on The Score they were saying it might be his ankle when he took that hooking penalty.

Philadelphia Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 01:34 AM
StandingCow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Pronger's injury:

Oh that is good news, I was worried it was his knee.

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 01:37 AM
Bryz4shiz

I see no reason to have Shelley in the lineup over Carcillo

Bryz4shiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 01:43 AM
PhillyFlying
F1eyrS

lol at the 3 stars...bobo? not his best, but he did stop 38 of 41. gionta? -1 with 8 shots and a dud of a goal. subban? not even gonna touch that one. what a game for zherdev. it's nice to see him finally clicking on a line. shelley needs to board people more often.

PhillyFlying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 01:45 AM
Villedelphia*

im a big fan of hawaiian pizza

Villedelphia* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 01:58 AM
PhillyFlying
F1eyrS

habs fans are hilarious.

Old
12-16-2010, 02:14 AM
nevermore
Cap space since 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFlying View Post
lol at the 3 stars...bobo? not his best, but he did stop 38 of 41. gionta? -1 with 8 shots and a dud of a goal. subban? not even gonna touch that one. what a game for zherdev. it's nice to see him finally clicking on a line. shelley needs to board people more often.
Bobrovsky played great. Yes, he let in what could've turned out to be a crucial softie, but other than that he was amazing.

nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 02:23 AM
PhillyFlying
F1eyrS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
Bobrovsky played great. Yes, he let in what could've turned out to be a crucial softie, but other than that he was amazing.
agreed. he did a great job smothering most of the shots from the perimeter. that's one of the most underrated parts of his game.

Old
12-16-2010, 02:25 AM
SolidSnakeUS

I think that Bob should play the next 2 games before Christmas and then alternate with Boosh the next 3 while out West (Boosh, then Bob then Boosh again).

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 02:52 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

I wanted 6 points out of this crucial 4 game stretch we are on and we have already accomplished that. I was a bit worried of a letdown after that big win last night. We took Montreal's best shot and still got the 2 points. Not happy about allowing 41 shots, but i will take the win.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 06:28 AM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
BTW, I know we won, but it's kind of brutally unfair for the NHL to have us (and the Pens) play a brutally physical game one night and then both travel overnight to play good teams that have been rested since Saturday.

Consider the Pens collapse in the 3rd period and our last 2 periods against MTL, I think it's safe to say that fatigue played a pretty significant role.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 06:44 AM
mirimon

Yeah, there were a few of the guys (Leino and Nödl stood out to me) who looked gassed last night. The last three games have been terrific though.

Carter (along with his linemates) was excellent yesterday. Coburn looks really good when he is physical, he should be it way more often.

Also, I've seen a few of you complain about Richards play and while he didn't have one of his better games for sure, if this is him and Giroux having a down game... that's a pretty high standard to set.

I hope Bartulis can get a game or two now, rest Pronger even if he doesn't really need it and then allow O'Donnell to take a day off as well.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 06:48 AM
StandingCow

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
BTW, I know we won, but it's kind of brutally unfair for the NHL to have us (and the Pens) play a brutally physical game one night and then both travel overnight to play good teams that have been rested since Saturday.

Consider the Pens collapse in the 3rd period and our last 2 periods against MTL, I think it's safe to say that fatigue played a pretty significant role.
I think that's where lavi's "go go go mentality" helps us... and will help us a lot in the playoffs.

Old
12-16-2010, 07:02 AM
RIPRichardsCarter

I <3 our depth.

Even with Pronger, arguably our best defender, out of the lineup we can still roll with a top fleet lineup. Insert Bart for a few games, let Pronger rest.

RIPRichardsCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 07:18 AM
mirimon

Powe was really good last night as well. I don't understand people who want to take him out of the lineup.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 07:35 AM
StandingCow

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
Powe was really good last night as well. I don't understand people who want to take him out of the lineup.
Agreed, he provides a lot of energy, and you know the other team is keeping their heads up watching for him to come crashing in.

Old
12-16-2010, 07:36 AM
Larry44
10 - 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
Yeah, there were a few of the guys (Leino and Nödl stood out to me) who looked gassed last night. The last three games have been terrific though.
Leino missed a practice with the flu recently didn't he? I think there may be a bug going around the room. Briere, Hartnell and Leino all looked slow and tired last night, which is unusual. Nodl didn't look too bad last night to me.

I watched the tape over to see where Pronger got hurt and it isn't easy to tell. He got caught out during a long shift after our PP and couldn't get off for over two minutes. At one point he was scuffling with Plekanec in front of the net and it looked like Plekanec's skate blade hit his leg, but he kept playing, then played some more after he got out of the box.

He also got tripped blatantly in front of the net as shot was coming in - I couldn't tell where the shot hit him, but that could be it too, if it's his foot. Let's hope nothing's broken.

Larry44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 07:42 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles
They did it without Chris Pronger, who suffered a “lower body” injury late in the second period and did not return. He will be re-evaluated on Thursday. Many of the Flyers didn’t even notice he was not on the ice in the third period. No one knows how Pronger got hurt.
That has me really worried. Now I'm worried he may have aggravated his knee.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote