HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I just wanted to let everyone know.. (Autograph signings)

Old
12-14-2010, 09:24 PM
gotmonte

vCash: 500
I just wanted to let everyone know.. (Autograph signings)

Hi guys. I normally dont create threads here, I just respond to them. I wanted to let you guys know earlier but The Holidays got in the way.

Steiner Sports in Roosevelt Field Mall had a Dual Rangers Signing on December 13th from 7:30 pm until 9:00pm I believe.

The two players were Brandon Dubinsky and Ryan Callahan. I brougth my Authentic White jersey with "Gartner number 22" on the back. What was cool with Steiner is you can pay for a ticket, give them 15 dollars extra and they can have the players sign WHEREVER YOU WANT them to. And you get An OFFICIAL Authenticity certificate to prove to the doubters that it is real.

I know in September usually they have a HUGE SHOW. I missed it this year but this past September, Steiner Sports had a BONANZA of Current and Retired players on had for pictures and/or autographs.
Some of the names are included but not limited to: Gordie Howe, Mark Messier, Wayne Gretzky, Mike Richter, Adam Graves, Brian Noonan ( I believe they said nooner), Jeromy Reonick, Brett Hull, Zherdev, Roszival, ect ect. MacTavish might have been there, Oh Brian Leetch, beukaboom ( I THINK on that one), Lundqvist, 'Beezer too.

Anyways thats PLENTY of people to get sign your stuff. Depending on WHO is signing your stuff and also WHAT they are signing, prices range from 25.00 to 300.00-400.00 dollars. This all takes place upstate New York somewhere. I havent gone yet but thats only because I didnt know. Trust and Believe, my butt will be there bright and early. My Jersey will look like the L Train about 30 years ago

As for Steiner in Roosevelt Field Mall, they have a lot of people come and sign. I know the next day on the fifteenth they were having Yankee Great Joba Chamberlain signing stuff all night.

SO to have two people sign my jersey on the numbers where I wanted it. Not have to stand on line at all, Have Two Authenticity Papers included for both players (one per player obviously) the bill came out to be 90.00 total for all that! The ticket is usually 50 dollars, and then the 15 dollars payment for the drop off and pick up when done service, and they usually 15 each player for authenticity but since I did two players they knocked five dollars off each signature. So total was 90.00 with a savings of 10.00 bucks. I really wasnt looking for money off, I just wanted some young good players sign my jersey. Callahan with either be our next Captain or it will go to Dubinsky (I just dont know how vocal he is in the room) If he is mr. talkative, than it will be a hard press to pick between the two to run this ship. But I am pulling for Callahan. The kid just busts his butt each shift no matter how many times he gets stoned or hit severely!

I have a none-homo- man-crush on Cally!! LOL

gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 09:46 PM
useref15

I never understood what was so special about having somebodies autograph....especially when you have to pay for it.

useref15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 12:03 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Wow dude thats a lotta keesh for Dubi and Cally's auto. I've met dubi about 10 times outside the garden before games. always pretty nice and signs whatever i ask him (i've been collecting autographs my whole life). Cally does the same but at a different entrance.

What i love about the Rangers organization and hockey players in general is that make the players quite accesible. This year alone at rangers events i've met Leetch, Graves, Stepan, Sauer, Dubi, Lundqvist a few others and HAVEN"T HAD TO PAY A DIME!

If your interested in autographs you should check out the rangers events page or just wait outside the garden before games between 330-430.

Honestly, thats one thing i despise about steiner and am never willing to go to there events because they charge so damn much. I mean 90 bucks for cally and dubz? I love them but there autos arent even worth that much on ebay!

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 04:04 AM
MugatuNYR
so hot right now

The players profit from these signings?

I always thought that money went to charity.

MugatuNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 04:49 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
Wow dude thats a lotta keesh for Dubi and Cally's auto. I've met dubi about 10 times outside the garden before games. always pretty nice and signs whatever i ask him (i've been collecting autographs my whole life). Cally does the same but at a different entrance.

What i love about the Rangers organization and hockey players in general is that make the players quite accesible. This year alone at rangers events i've met Leetch, Graves, Stepan, Sauer, Dubi, Lundqvist a few others and HAVEN"T HAD TO PAY A DIME!

If your interested in autographs you should check out the rangers events page or just wait outside the garden before games between 330-430.

Honestly, thats one thing i despise about steiner and am never willing to go to there events because they charge so damn much. I mean 90 bucks for cally and dubz? I love them but there autos arent even worth that much on ebay!

Well said! I have posted the same on here a few times. It goes back to what I said about ticket prices. If fans get smart prices will get realistic. Stop paying for auto's when you can get them for free. Does anyone not use the mail system anymore? Write some letters to your favorite NHL players and you will get an auto back, for the price of a couple stamps!

Or as the other poster said wait outside the game after and you are sure to get atleast a few of them along with Al, Sam, Joe, Johny G, ect.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 04:50 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple McIlwraath View Post
The players profit from these signings?

I always thought that money went to charity.
That depends on the event, but Steiner sports is not a charity event.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 02:03 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
That depends on the event, but Steiner sports is not a charity event.
NO WAY the PLAYER 100% make the money on the events like steiner or for me. When the team does the event like garden of dreams then the players do it for free.

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 07:10 PM
gotmonte

Ok guys chill out. I was merely telling you where you could get an autograph. If you have better places more power to u. I don't get a chance to go to the garden I work 16 hour shifts and have a one year old And I live deep in Suffolk county .

I appreciate the heads up where to go for free. But no need to knock me for having to pay to see these guys. It's rare I can see them. I'm usually watching them on. Crappy tv at work or feeding bouncing soothing m daughter who thinks it's time to scream o no end at puck drop time

Old
12-15-2010, 10:09 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmonte View Post
Ok guys chill out. I was merely telling you where you could get an autograph. If you have better places more power to u. I don't get a chance to go to the garden I work 16 hour shifts and have a one year old And I live deep in Suffolk county .

I appreciate the heads up where to go for free. But no need to knock me for having to pay to see these guys. It's rare I can see them. I'm usually watching them on. Crappy tv at work or feeding bouncing soothing m daughter who thinks it's time to scream o no end at puck drop time
i'm a huge collector too.

dont worry im sure most of these posters have a hobby nobody gives a **** about

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 10:37 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by devito1192 View Post
i'm a huge collector too.

dont worry im sure most of these posters have a hobby nobody gives a **** about
Actually we were stating how we collect autographs as well, not to mention a hobby is something YOUR meant to enjoy not rely on other people for

Wasn't trying to knock on you gotmonte was just letting you know of other outlets. Im a college kid so i cant afford to pay 50-60 bucks for an autograph, thats why i find my way down to the free events. Just didn't want a fellow poster having to pay if you could get em' for free!

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 11:22 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Actually we were stating how we collect autographs as well, not to mention a hobby is something YOUR meant to enjoy not rely on other people for

Wasn't trying to knock on you gotmonte was just letting you know of other outlets. Im a college kid so i cant afford to pay 50-60 bucks for an autograph, thats why i find my way down to the free events. Just didn't want a fellow poster having to pay if you could get em' for free!
You just pay for it by buying a roundtrip train ticket to the City. More bang for your buck though.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 12:40 AM
gotmonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
You just pay for it by buying a roundtrip train ticket to the City. More bang for your buck though.
Work for the city, you ride for free (most the time lol).

And thank you guys for all the good advice as to save a few bucks by meeting these guys for free.

I would LOVE to meet the guys, but I always feel like when you meet them, they feel they are better than you because you are groveling for their auto. Not saying THEY ACTUALLY feel that way or YOU feel that way, I just feel they play a GAME they love and I am surrounded by Inmated who are killers, rapists, child molestors and yet I am the one Beneath them? Kinda backwards isnt it? Maybe I am just have a problem with self esteem or something, but I know when I met Danny Blackburn in Westchester many years back, he looked at me like I was a pouper and he was a king. Yet he was 18-19 years old at the time, didnt have a place to live except for J.D's house (granted I am sure he was boning JD's daughter at the time) and yet still, this KID was better than ME. LOL

Ok, I will schedule my monthly meeting with my Psychiatrist tomorrow lol

Old
12-16-2010, 12:53 AM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:

And thank you guys for all the good advice as to save a few bucks by meeting these guys for free.

I would LOVE to meet the guys, but I always feel like when you meet them, they feel they are better than you because you are groveling for their auto. Not saying THEY ACTUALLY feel that way or YOU feel that way, I just feel they play a GAME they love and I am surrounded by Inmated who are killers, rapists, child molestors and yet I am the one Beneath them? Kinda backwards isnt it? Maybe I am just have a problem with self esteem or something, but I know when I met Danny Blackburn in Westchester many years back, he looked at me like I was a pouper and he was a king. Yet he was 18-19 years old at the time, didnt have a place to live except for J.D's house (granted I am sure he was boning JD's daughter at the time) and yet still, this KID was better than ME. LOL

I feel that way too. Like they do it out of just doing it to get you away. But they forget who really pays them... Us.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 10:07 AM
chip chipperson*

Quote:

negative, some posters are knocking it and yes it is a hobby

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 11:59 AM
savebyrichter35

Quote:

I know what you mean, but I kinda understands both sides honestly. I go in early\stay after for most of the games, but I do it just to socialize with friends who also go in early and stay after. I just have one jersey that I get signed by the new guys every year and that's basically it. It annoys the hell outta me when some of the players just ignore you and really seem rude about it (though some of the players really would prefer to sign after the game rather than before the game). However, when they see all the same people before and after every game with a different picture to get signed, I can (sorta) understand why some of these players don't want to be bothered which then ruins it for the people who show up maybe once or twice and just truly want an autograph to cherish. I just don't get too emotionally involved in it because then you start to hate players because they won't sign for you sometimes (I know people that act like this) and I don't wanna feel that way.

savebyrichter35 is offline   Reply With Quote