HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

TH Season 8.33; Season of the Fustercluck

Closed Thread

Old
12-16-2010, 11:23 AM
L-train*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to L-train*
My team actually had a really solid core...

Bolden - S4 draftee. (My pick)
Dohn - Traded an original member for.
Longbotham - Original member.
Brown - Original member.
Pritchard - Original member.

Cherkasov - Traded S1 draft pick for.
Miler - Traded FA for.
Aldersmith - S4 draftee. (My pick)
Percival - S2 draftee. (CPU pick)
Levi - Original member.

Shortt - FA acquisition.
Pritchard - Original member.
McMahon - S4 draftee. (My pick)
Martinez - Original member.
Shepherd - FA acquisition.

Marshall - Original member.
Quilter - Original member.
White - S4 draftee. (My pick)
Fuenher - Traded S2 draftee for.
Cooper - S4 draftee. (My pick)

Morgan - S4 draftee. (My pick)
Naski - FA acquisition.

Old
12-16-2010, 11:32 AM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
The announcement board is having all of the ****** coaches pile on the "Let's Reset" idea. It's comical, you just click on their team and they are all horrible.

How can you go through FA and have a ****** team?

Old
12-16-2010, 11:37 AM
Valhoun*

It would be nice if some posters from this board didn't let the cry babies dominate this thread:

http://trophyhockey.org/forum.php?to...ow=7337&page=2

Old
12-16-2010, 11:46 AM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
My question for Nik is when are we not beta anymore.

I swear is a reset goes through, I am done with this game.

Old
12-16-2010, 11:59 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Personally, I dont mind either way. It would hurt more teams then help though. Teams like the Bows and Black Cobras will lose all their players. I guess Im on either side cause I might change teams anyway lol.

Old
12-16-2010, 12:02 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Personally, I dont mind either way. It would hurt more teams then help though. Teams like the Bows and Black Cobras will lose all their players. I guess Im on either side cause I might change teams anyway lol.
I would change, and go with Val's plan.

Go to a 1.1 in another country.

Old
12-16-2010, 12:04 PM
Falkrik

L-Train are you sure you gave me nik's right email?

He still hasn't responded even though i emailed him twice...

Old
12-16-2010, 12:06 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
I would change, and go with Val's plan.

Go to a 1.1 in another country.
Well I know alot of vet players will turn this off, while alot of the newer people will favor it. Nik could lose alot of vet players. That being said, during "betas", for most, there is always a reset. It pisses most people off, but a "clean slat" for everyone is ussually welcomed in the long run (for the newer people)

Old
12-16-2010, 12:15 PM
Valhoun*

Quote:
Well I know alot of vet players will turn this off, while alot of the newer people will favor it. Nik could lose alot of vet players. That being said, during "betas", for most, there is always a reset. It pisses most people off, but a "clean slat" for everyone is ussually welcomed in the long run (for the newer people)
MMOs don't have free agency though. It literally takes 96 hours to go from worst to first.

Old
12-16-2010, 12:42 PM
agrudez*

Quote:
The thing is, though, TH is nowhere near the end of Beta and I don't see a rapid influx of new players to the game every day either. Its current bread and butter are the veteran coaches and it needs to accommodate accordingly.

Old
12-16-2010, 01:03 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
MMOs don't have free agency though. It literally takes 96 hours to go from worst to first.
Oh I know. But I think Nik see's this as a positive for the newer people. Attract a bunch of new people and tell them that they wont be left behind due to all the vets who have been playing for 2 or so years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
The thing is, though, TH is nowhere near the end of Beta and I don't see a rapid influx of new players to the game every day either. Its current bread and butter are the veteran coaches and it needs to accommodate accordingly.
When he said wipe, I was thinking about right before the beta ends and the real thing starts.

Now trust me, Im not 100% with the wipe, Im pretty high ranked on the both national and international scale and losing that will piss me off (if we are talking about a full wipe and not just roster wipe). Roster wipe, I wouldnt really mind either way. Full wipe I am totally against.

Old
12-16-2010, 01:06 PM
Jaydepps

Send a message via AIM to Jaydepps
I posted in the thread. It will be a huge mistake if he ends up doing a wipe because some GMS suck at this game. Through FA, smart trades, and smart drafting, I don't see how any team can be horrible. I mean we all lost players. I cut at least half my roster in the past two seasons, but replaced most with cheaper alternatives. I imagine many of you did the same. Why can't some people understand that you can't have 5 mil tied up on your fourth line... They try to have great players up and down their lineup.

Old
12-16-2010, 01:17 PM
Jaydepps

Send a message via AIM to Jaydepps
Collver-FA Signing
Sirett-Traded an original player for him
Miggles-S1 Draftee
Savard-FA Signing
Wingrave-Traded an original player for another who I traded for him a couple seasons later

Ritchie-S4 Draftee
Faktor-Traded an original player for another who I traded for him a couple seasons later
Chappelle-Traded an original player for him
Wiggum-S1 Draftee
Bolund-Traded S2 Draftee for another who I traded for him a couple seasons later

Persson-Traded original player for early on
Hall-Original Player
Sanderson-Original Player
Holbrock-Traded an original player for another who I traded for him a couple seasons later
Spencer-Traded an original player for another who I traded for him a couple seasons later

Mucha-FA Signing
Levický-FA Signing
Hook-Traded an original player for
Russel-Traded S4 draftee for
Søndergård-Traded original player

Bolt-Traded an original player for another who I traded for him a couple seasons later
Charlebois-Traded an original player for

My team had massive turnover the past 2 seasons, but the player who have been with me since the early goings are Miggles, Sanderson, Hall, Persson, Hook, and Wiggum.

Old
12-16-2010, 01:23 PM
magritte

L-train, do you have any theories on what makes Dohn so good? Like which particular skills you think are key to his success. I am pretty happy with my team but I see now Nik is 2-3 points better than me in average offensive and defensive EPA so I'm guessing the arms race will continue and if possible I'd like to upgrade at center because my top two centers lead my team in shots, by far, but they score at terrible %'s (9.1% and 7.1%)

here are my two centers:
rad: http://trophyhockey.org/player.php?id=289069 (9.1%)
lilie: http://trophyhockey.org/player.php?id=328057 (7.1%)

I have looked at the play-by-plays and it seems they predominantly take wrist shots, which I suspected and planned for so both have what should be great wristers for japan 2.3. but this hasn't seemed to help. Lilie I traded for last season and after last season I thought his weakness might be his puck control (which is about average for Japan 2.3) so I looked to correct that when I had my pick in FA and grabbed Rad who has both great WRI and PUC but he is only fairing slightly better.

I'm thinking Rad's problems might be his average Positioning and Strength skills, but they are average and not terrible. But how important is this to scoring compared to shooting? I would think STR and POS would set you up for the shot (which they're getting quite easily) but it's something else that's holding them back from actually scoring. I wonder if it's the deking.

I'm trying to find out the key stats that make Dohn so good as it seems like he scores on a high % of his shots. Centers for me always seem to hog most of the shots so it's a problem when they can't score. I might just try to find a Dohn clone with like -10 or -15 in each skill to scale for dominance Japan 2.3 but I don't know if it's likely I find a C like that I can afford.

Oddly enough both centers shot much better in tougher leagues.

Last edited by magritte: 12-16-2010 at 01:29 PM.
Old
12-16-2010, 01:27 PM
agrudez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydepps View Post
My team had massive turnover the past 2 seasons, but the player who have been with me since the early goings are Miggles, Sanderson, Hall, Persson, Hook, and Wiggum.
It seems to me that you are two players away from creating a new children's show on Nickelodeon.

Old
12-16-2010, 01:47 PM
agrudez*

If anyone needs a cheap 3rd pairing RD I bid on this guy: http://trophyhockey.org/player.php?id=372882 without realizing that he was RD... and I need LD... I need to stop bidding on FAs so late at night...

Old
12-16-2010, 02:11 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
If anyone needs a cheap 3rd pairing RD I bid on this guy: http://trophyhockey.org/player.php?id=372882 without realizing that he was RD... and I need LD... I need to stop bidding on FAs so late at night...
I'll take a look when I get home. I'm bidding on a cheap LW that's an old fart and worth only 500K but will make a nice 4th liner/3rd liner if his EPA comes up from morale. I am dumping a crappy, overpaid D man, depending on this guy's price I may look into him.

Old
12-16-2010, 02:38 PM
IrishSniper87

Puck control and the shooting skills play a HUGE role in shooting percentage as does luck (the ME has variance built into it) as well as the physical traits of Strength and Stamina.

Strength can effect shot power (I believe) and Stamina obviously effects player ability late in the game.

Val, I backed you up with a long post in that thread. No way do I want a reset. My boy L. Welch has been my main goalie for 5 seasons and is still 24, lol.

I lost my second game in a row in I cant even remember how long. Playing my backup didnt help though, he gave up 5 goals on 7 shots, and I only scored 3. Welch is back in for the next game though.

Old
12-16-2010, 02:38 PM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

Question guys...

Overpaid?

http://trophyhockey.org/player.php?id=575009

Old
12-16-2010, 02:43 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

I'll be on board for a move to an entirely diff country

I am playing as well in algeria... hehehe

Old
12-16-2010, 02:45 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

I vote for that. If they reset everyone, everyone on HF moves to a different country so we can all compete together and enjoy the game. I like winning, but it sucks that 24 of 32 teams in 3.2 are computer. I'd rather put my money where my mouth is and compete against amongst all of us, if that's what it comes down to.

Old
12-16-2010, 03:14 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Agrudez, thanks for having my back brosef!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akila Hiyara
No reset, your going to just lose half of your members.
And the other half will be banned after you harass them in PMs and then complain to Nik when they respond

Last edited by Juicy Couturier*: 12-16-2010 at 03:24 PM.
Old
12-16-2010, 03:41 PM
L-train*

That was hilarious.

Old
12-16-2010, 04:31 PM
L-train*

Quote:
Originally Posted by magritte View Post
L-train, do you have any theories on what makes Dohn so good? Like which particular skills you think are key to his success.
Dohn has the perfect blend of skills. He seems to be, at least in the US 3.x and lower, a unique player. There's nobody else of his caliber at his position.

If I had to get another C like Dohn, I'd look for strength, puck control, wrist shot, work rate and positioning. It'll be interesting to compare my new guy, Miler, along with Dohn to see how they perform. They'll be playing in similar offensive systems. I still think Dohn has some hidden trait like "Legend" or something that just makes him extra-amazing.

Side by side for your viewing pleasure.

Old
12-16-2010, 04:57 PM
Valhoun*

Here's my big center:

Closed Thread