HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Campbell's Emails Not Enough. Habs win 4-3

Old
12-16-2010, 09:09 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Amen.. The Bruins fans hatred towards the Habs is just not healthy I tell ya.. Their comments are always over the top when they lose to the Habs..

All I know is it makes for some very entertaining reading and a few good laughs at their overreactions..
In fairness though, when we lose to the Bruins. Our crazy side (as fans) comes out and we're just as bad.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 09:10 PM
RE-HABS

Price was good and kept the boys in, and the team as a whole looked good. Spacek was still throwing the puck up the middle, and you could see the Bruins were focusing on hitting him all the time to make him do so.

Subban was good. The kid loves to hit as much as he likes to skate and score. If he can combine that to his game that would be the best all around Dman we have had here since Larry Robinson...no pressure PK. lol

Patches looks ready so far, and Gomez looks like he has found the missing winger to the line of Gionta and Gomez as he has looked very good too.

I would like to see JM put Pouliot back with Eller and Darche, it was a very effective line together. Lappy with Moen and Halpern would be a very good grit line.

Spacek keeps playing how he does, I would like to see JM get Weber back in the line up too.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 09:12 PM
Habit11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
Is it too much to ask of the CBC to put some balance on the commentary desk. I mean come on. PJ Stock and Mike Milbury with McLean

I can see Milbury raving about Laps acts, but gimme a break. Dragging PK into the mix? Then again Milbury has to be considered among the worst GMs in the history of the NHL so I guess you have to consider the source

Anyway back to the original rant. It would be nice to see balanced discussion instead of this perpetual cheerleader squad (yes you Milbury LOL) between periods when the Habs play

I didn't think the reffing was balanced at all. I can abide with what they called against Mtl warts and all. But hey, so many minors overlooked against the Bruins

Anyway for all that BS about Recchi stepping up? I guess they meant when HE was yapping from the bench. Can't recall him in any fights or playing large. So yes Mr Milbury. Recchi with his 1600 games experience knows how to do hand puppets from the bench. Now that's leadership
I wonder if Milbury or Stock ever called out Lucic for running around against the Habs and then REFUSING to fight Laraque??? My guess would be no.

Habit11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 09:12 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
In fairness though, when we lose to the Bruins. Our crazy side (as fans) comes out and we're just as bad.
The Bruins have no one to blame but themselves, they had more than enough PP opportunities that they didn't take advantage of at the end of the 2nd and in the 3rd.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 09:13 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
The Bruins have no one to blame but themselves, they had more than enough PP opportunities that they didn't take advantage of at the end of the 2nd and in the 3rd.
I totally agree, their fans might not want to admit it. But tonight, we were the better team.

Old
12-16-2010, 09:14 PM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

vCash: 506
I was in Boston 2 years ago watching the game. It was the game that Lucic pummeled Komisarek, and after the fight everyone was cheering "U.S.A! U.S.A!" We had our Habs jerseys on and people around us were laughing at us until we point out that Komisarek was American... and that Lucic was Canadian.

It was amazing how ignorant these people were, they were just cheering blindly for their country even though it made absolutely no sense.

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 09:16 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
I was in Boston 2 years ago watching the game. It was the game that Lucic pummeled Komisarek, and after the fight everyone was cheering "U.S.A! U.S.A!" We had our Habs jerseys on and people around us were laughing at us until we point out that Komisarek was American... and that Lucic was Canadian.

It was amazing how ignorant these people were, they were just cheering blindly for their country even though it made absolutely no sense.
Lots of Americans are clueless about their own geography and History . So don't ask them anything about Canada.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 09:16 PM
Maliki2

Quote:

Be careful, there are American Habs fans too yah know!

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 09:18 PM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

vCash: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
I was referring to the fans around me in particular.

I understand getting into the game but don't cheer "USA USA" when your Canadian player beats up an American.

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 09:18 PM
Gert B Frobe

Carey Price is amazing. I firmly believed at the time Halak was traded that keeping Price was the right choice. As a Flyers fan I don't know why this is - but every time I see the Habs play anybody but the Flyers I want them to win. I can't stand Gomez, Lapierre, Subban, but really like Price and Gorges. Maybe it's because I have always been a huge fan of French-Canadian Flyers like Desjardins, Gagne, and Giroux. Or maybe it's because Montreal is a great city where I nailed a fine piece of ass once... that's probably it.

Why does TSN love Vancouver so much? Every season it seems they are predicted to "challenge for the cup" or "win it all" - while Montreal is considered a borderline playoff team. This is usually followed by Montreal "over-achieving" and a quick exit from the playoffs by the Canucks. Bugs the crap out of me that every time I go to TSN.com it's the Sedins or Kesler front and center.

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 09:20 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
But they aren't cluless.

Captain Smurf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 09:21 PM
le_sean

Tim Thomas made this game close. The Habs had some real golden chances to make it a 3 goal lead but Timmy kept the Bruins kicking.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
We're nowhere as bad IMO.. Of course we complain about our team but these guys get so very angry and want the Habs to get beat up, hurt and crap like that when the Bruins are behind..

We don't seem to get angry like those guys and want our team to turn into a goon squad.. Actually when you think about it this Habs team couldn't be a goon squad even in peewee..

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gert B Frobe View Post
Carey Price is amazing. I firmly believed at the time Halak was traded that keeping Price was the right choice. As a Flyers fan I don't know why this is - but every time I see the Habs play anybody but the Flyers I want them to win. I can't stand Gomez, Lapierre, Subban, but really like Price and Gorges. Maybe it's because I have always been a huge fan of French-Canadian Flyers like Desjardins, Gagne, and Giroux. Or maybe it's because Montreal is a great city where I nailed a fine piece of ass once... that's probably it.

Why does TSN love Vancouver so much? Every season it seems they are predicted to "challenge for the cup" or "win it all" - while Montreal is considered a borderline playoff team. This is usually followed by Montreal "over-achieving" and a quick exit from the playoffs by the Canucks. Bugs the crap out of me that every time I go to TSN.com it's the Sedins or Kesler front and center.
lol welcome aboard. yeah the TSN thing is mostly Toronto homers, so a genuine clueless-ness about all things Montreal Canadiens - except for the more informed guys like bob mckenzie..but the canucks..get hyped for good reason i guess...luongo, sedins etc

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Be nice boys and girls, it's against the rules to take shots at opposing teams fan bases.

Old
12-16-2010, 09:22 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gert B Frobe View Post

Thanks alot. I think we need more Rival Team fans like you who are able to be respectfull to another team. I think you love Gorges because of his Heart. Everyone does. 110% Every game for his team and not himself and Carey is standing strong givving his team a chance to win everynight.

If you mind me re-complementing back, I <3 JVR he's really a prototipical power forward of the new generation

LaurentHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 09:23 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
We're nowhere as bad IMO.. Of course we complain about our team but these guys get so very angry and want the Habs to get beat up, hurt and crap like that when the Bruins are behind..

We don't seem to get angry like those guys and want our team to turn into a goon squad.. Actually when you think about it this Habs team couldn't be a goon squad even in peewee..
Sorry sheed, I've been a mod here for awhile, and I beg to differ. With our large fan base, we have more than our fair share of crazies.

Old
12-16-2010, 09:23 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:

True, we like to turn our focus and rage on our own team.

Captain Smurf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 09:24 PM
lou4gehrig

Quote:
I was referring to the fans around me in particular.

I understand getting into the game but don't cheer "USA USA" when your Canadian player beats up an American.
How did you know they were American? Just guessing?

lou4gehrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 09:24 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Tim Thomas made this game close. The Habs had some real golden chances to make it a 3 goal lead but Timmy kept the Bruins kicking.
He was incredible tonight, I actually lost count on how many "sure fire" goals he stopped us from getting.

Old
12-16-2010, 09:26 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Habs beats the Bruins? Seems about right.

I'll just leave this here again.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 09:27 PM
Hugo Sham

pacioretty equals pyatt's goal and point totals in 26 less games. just sayin'

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 09:28 PM
lou4gehrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
pacioretty equals pyatt's goal and point totals in 26 less games. just sayin'
I'm surprised MaxPac could find his way to the arena tonight. You know because American's don't know Canadian geography.

lou4gehrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 09:28 PM
Prairie Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou4gehrig View Post
How did you know they were American? Just guessing?
Haha, how many Canadians start "USA USA" chants? It's probably a safe bet they were American.

Prairie Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 09:29 PM
Random Bruins Fan
Certified Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
Habs beats the Bruins? Seems about right.

I'll just leave this here again.

I didn't see any from the last playoff series between Boston and Montreal

Random Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote