Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

2012 Memorial Cup

Old
09-16-2010, 09:22 AM
CH4

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingmanpei View Post
What trouble did the Q have with Saint John in regards to draft histores?
SJ is well known for draft cheating, hiding players, ask their players to state that they'll play in NCAA to finish by drafting them in the late rounds and they end up stars in the league. They got guys that would have been drafted in the first round in the 7th to 10th rounds. They also have lots of money and rumours are their expenses weren't always legit.

Quebec was known for it a while ago but Roy changed his practice, SJ still does it to a certain extend apparently.

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 09:53 AM
Alpine

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4 View Post
SJ is well known for draft cheating, hiding players, ask their players to state that they'll play in NCAA to finish by drafting them in the late rounds and they end up stars in the league. They got guys that would have been drafted in the first round in the 7th to 10th rounds. They also have lots of money and rumours are their expenses weren't always legit.

Quebec was known for it a while ago but Roy changed his practice, SJ still does it to a certain extend apparently.
Oh is that all.................phfffffft been going on for years.
I remember when the Wildcats hosted in 2006 the the Sea Dogs coach was in the papers whining about the scholarships the Cats handed out.
It's the game at draft day. Some teams do it better than others.
Won't have any affect in the site selection process.
Maybe the Q should ban ultra rich guys like Irvings and McCains from owning teams.
............wait a minute...........they aren't stinking rich because the throw $$ out........
Whining is all.

Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 12:32 PM
MarcPiquesFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
I remember when the Wildcats hosted in 2006 the the Sea Dogs coach was in the papers whining about the scholarships the Cats handed out.
Maybe the Q should ban ultra rich guys like Irvings and McCains from owning teams.
............wait a minute...........they aren't stinking rich because the throw $$ out........
Whining is all.
The QMJHL has been a lot criticized for allowing this kind of cheating and I'm pretty sure they have rancor against the Sea Dogs... If I was a member of the QMJHL, I'm not sure I would want to reward the Sea Dogs after what they made... But, anyway, it's my opinion. They don't want the Cup last year, so for me, this story is over. Cheaters never win and last year was a proof of that. In the past draft, Saint-John drafted normally, like all the other teams in the League and I wish for the fans there that they would be the city who will host the Mem Cup!

MarcPiquesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 03:33 PM
CH4

Quote:
Whining is all.
the guy ask, I answer. It is the word spread all around the league.

the league needed to do something because this league would have turned into a 3-4 team league. how do you think small markets can sell tickets if they can't be good because some are cheating? The league did something and the last draft looks much cleaner then the time Lecavalier was hidden in a van at the draft to make sure he ends up with the oceanic.

this was unfair competition. Last years it was moncton, SJ and Quebec. Moncton and Que changed their approach earlier and SJ seems to have changed it now.

Old
09-16-2010, 04:21 PM
jefff

This is an interesting tread, can someone identify some of the players by name who were picked up late rounds and should have gone in the 1st? I know there were issues with Phillips not wanting to play in Lewiston but I'm not aware of any others.

jefff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 05:52 PM
Bjindaho

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefff View Post
This is an interesting tread, can someone identify some of the players by name who were picked up late rounds and should have gone in the 1st? I know there were issues with Phillips not wanting to play in Lewiston but I'm not aware of any others.
No, he can't...he is making stuff up to make his allegations seem worse.

The players that were supposedly bluffing are Durepos, Huberdeau, Kelly, Phillips and Anthony. Of course, every one of these players was taken with a first or second (or traded for), Phillips wasn't even drafted by us, and Anthony was known to the whole league that he didn't have an option.

Bjindaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 06:12 PM
MarcPiquesFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjindaho View Post

The players that were supposedly bluffing are Durepos, Huberdeau, Kelly, Phillips and Anthony. Of course, every one of these players was taken with a first or second (or traded for), Phillips wasn't even drafted by us, and Anthony was known to the whole league that he didn't have an option.
"supposedly"! ^^ When there is 5 players who supposedly bluff, I think it tells a lot about what happened really! Anyway, we all know they bluffed and they cheat at this draft, especially because Jonathan Huberdeau told it at RDS... But anyway, the story is behind us know the only thing we can wish now, is all the best luck for players like Jonathan Huberdeau and Xavier Ouellet who cheated in the past and probably learned their lesson with all the controversy they made. Those players are all very good players and a lot of them should be 1st rounder this season in the NHL.

Personnaly, I turned the page on this... My question is "Does the League have turned it?"

Old
09-16-2010, 06:19 PM
Bjindaho

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcPiquesFan View Post
"supposedly"! ^^ When there is 5 players who supposedly bluff, I think it tells a lot about what happened really! Anyway, we all know they bluffed and they cheat at this draft, especially because Jonathan Huberdeau told it at RDS... But anyway, the story is behind us know the only thing we can wish now, is all the best luck for players like Jonathan Huberdeau and Xavier Ouellet who cheated in the past and probably learned their lesson with all the controversy they made. Those players are all very good players and a lot of them should be 1st rounder this season in the NHL.

Personnaly, I turned the page on this... My question is "Does the League have turned it?"
It's not the league's decision. It is up to an independant panel.

And the criteria is: "Logistics is worth 25 points and the quality of team and the quality of the arena are each worth 20 points. The quality of the organization, the team's past experiences hosting Canadian Hockey League events and a marketing plan are worth 10 points each, while five points are awarded for a financial plan."

Old
09-16-2010, 07:25 PM
Xavier07

The article on the Qmjhl website is stating that Halifax, Saint John, Cape Breton and Shawinigan submitted letters of intent of hosting the 2012 Memorial Cup. Heres hoping Halifax can get it again!

http://en.lhjmq.qc.ca/article/four-t...d-memorial-cup

Xavier07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 08:44 PM
MarcPiquesFan

Quote:
It's not the league's decision. It is up to an independant panel.

And the criteria is: "Logistics is worth 25 points and the quality of team and the quality of the arena are each worth 20 points. The quality of the organization, the team's past experiences hosting Canadian Hockey League events and a marketing plan are worth 10 points each, while five points are awarded for a financial plan."
****, you're right, it's not the League's decision! I totally forgot that ^^ Sorry, my fault... Oh, and thank you for the criterias

Old
09-17-2010, 08:55 AM
CH4

Quote:

The players involved in this are making stuff too I guess.

Gatineau aren't white as snow too; they used to get a grip on every OHL cut players freely. Now with the waivers thing (Ben Robillard) things become fairer in the league.

Old
09-17-2010, 09:27 AM
MarcPiquesFan

Quote:
The players involved in this are making stuff too I guess.

Gatineau aren't white as snow too; they used to get a grip on every OHL cut players freely. Now with the waivers thing (Ben Robillard) things become fairer in the league.
That's not cheating... Sometimes, we found a superstar like Claude Giroux, and other times we found idiots like Mike Hoffman. I can tell you that I've seen more fail from the Ontario then win since I'm watching the Olympiques... And nothing prevents the other teams of start scouting in the OHL territory. The minimum money you have to put for a euro is $50,000! Why don't they put this money in other place like scouting??? We are lucky for that with our geographical location, but we are unlucky with some other things, like the travelling...

Old
09-17-2010, 02:03 PM
CH4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcPiquesFan View Post
That's not cheating... Sometimes, we found a superstar like Claude Giroux, and other times we found idiots like Mike Hoffman. I can tell you that I've seen more fail from the Ontario then win since I'm watching the Olympiques... And nothing prevents the other teams of start scouting in the OHL territory. The minimum money you have to put for a euro is $50,000! Why don't they put this money in other place like scouting??? We are lucky for that with our geographical location, but we are unlucky with some other things, like the travelling...
when you try to hide the players to prevent them from waivers is not fair though.

a guy like robillard would play for the pics now if the sags didn't manage to know

I agree there were hit and misses, but it still wasn't fair.

Old
09-17-2010, 04:12 PM
Bjindaho

Quote:
when you try to hide the players to prevent them from waivers is not fair though.

a guy like robillard would play for the pics now if the sags didn't manage to know

I agree there were hit and misses, but it still wasn't fair.
Says the guy whose team grabbed Louis Leblanc to try to convince him to come to the Q...and I seem to remember you guys drafting a kid who said he is going NCAA. But of course, Chicoutimi is completely innocent

Old
09-17-2010, 07:11 PM
Slippy

While I would love to see it come to Nova Scotia, think Saint John is the early favourite and then maybe Shawinigan

Link

Slippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 02:50 PM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

i think shaw just because its been awhile but would lovvveeee cape breton or saint john because im not to far from it and then i could go

99GoHabsGo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 05:42 PM
The Q professor

I agree it is not cheating. Don't forget Cam fergus either another great pick out of the O and Byron too

The Q professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 05:47 PM
The Q professor

As for the Eagles i am a fan but no chance of M cup. We do not have the team in place. The bid is to get the renovations done imo. If we were serious about a cup run we should have sold (adam,meilleur,ROY) we don't even have a 1st to trade for next years team. Best hope is the return of Lagace(slim)

The Q professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 09:25 AM
peicurler91

I can't see a Quebec based team hosting this year, however with the ratio the way it is 2:1 Quebec:Atlantic, I can see Shawinigan hosting the next one.

If the Rocket could get their **** together and entice fans to go to the games we could have a realistic shot at being a host (first we need a contending team and a new rink).

As for Chicoutimi I recall them having 4 euros last year or the year before.

Don't forget Dostoinov from the Dogs. Used his American citizenship to play in the Q, but used his Russian citizenship to play in the World Juniors.

peicurler91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2010, 10:29 PM
SensFan26

Hoping that Halifax gets the tournament. Would love to go and see the CHL's best.

SensFan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2010, 11:34 AM
Alpine

Q names Mem Cup commitee

2 NBers do you think this gives SJ the edge?
http://www.hockeyscene.com/hockeysce...lid=1&nid=8649

Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 03:13 PM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:
2 NBers do you think this gives SJ the edge?
http://www.hockeyscene.com/hockeysce...lid=1&nid=8649
I hope to god it does. As a SJ'er I'd love it. I'd be buying a ticket package right away.

jmart21 is offline   Reply With Quote