HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#34 - 12.16.2010 | Phoenix Coyotes @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG (HD)

Old
12-17-2010, 08:39 AM
KennyWu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post
Met the KING after the game, so sick
I met him before a game last year. Such a good guy.

KennyWu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 09:19 AM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Yep, 8:12. Played less than that the previous two games, about 7:30 each. He hasn't touched 10 minutes over the past five games.

And it does seem like he's out there a lot more, as he's generally doing something noticeable on each shift. IMO at least.
Like going offsides?

12-17-2010, 09:30 AM
Thordic
StraightOuttaConklin

vCash: 822
To Sean Avery, offsides is something only players not named Sean Avery have to worry about. Clearly Sean Avery is immune to this rule.*

*-YMMV, Refs may beg to differ.

Thordic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 09:39 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Quote:
Also, I really wish Torts would play Avery a bit more. I know it is not reflected in the stats, but I think Avery has been playing pretty well. He's active, be it throwing hits or agitating. The GTG wouldn't have happened without him driving the net. He only played 8 minutes tonight...seems silly.
Avery also drew 2 minors last night. He made the most of those 8 minutes to say the least...

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 09:41 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
I thought Avery should have played more last night. He seemed to have pretty fresh legs.

12-17-2010, 10:30 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Man Drury sure is bland and uninspiring. Did you see him after that Stepan goal? Dude looked like he was at a funeral.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 10:37 AM
Blueshirt Special

I think Torts is managing Avery spot on. Just right if you ask me.

Too much and he either gets hurt or takes too many penalties.

Right now he is contributing in the right areas.

He's like the hot pepper in a bowl of pasta: enough spice to keep it interesting, but too much and you can't taste the sauce!

Last edited by Blueshirt Special: 12-17-2010 at 10:37 AM. Reason: sp
Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 12:24 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
The game tying goal was beautiful. Drury winning a key face-off, then driving the net...Rozsival throwing a shot at the cage...Avery driving the net, nullifying a defenseman...and Stepper going to goal, cashing in.

Also, I really wish Torts would play Avery a bit more. I know it is not reflected in the stats, but I think Avery has been playing pretty well. He's active, be it throwing hits or agitating. The GTG wouldn't have happened without him driving the net. He only played 8 minutes tonight...seems silly.
Couldn't agree more. It is kind of reflected in the stats though, as Avery is 2nd on the team in assists behind Girardi. Great win. Garden was electric in the 3rd and OT. Prus goal illustrated what this team is all about. Never quits.

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 12:27 PM
Jersey Girl

Thoughts:

1. This team is VERY easy to root for. It's like the man behind the curtian took prior incarnations of the Rangers and gave them a heart. It always seemed like the fans cared more than the players...but not this year.

2. Chanting "Henrik" after the first two goals was just mean. Understandable and if I was there I would have felt like chanting it as well...but still mean.

3. Did anyone who watched the telecast think Mariano was a little tipsy during the interview? I did. 'It's haaaaaard'. I'm a Yankee fan, I've seen hundreds of Mariano interviews...his English isn't that bad.

4. LOVED how Avery, Drury and Stepan all attacked the net after the face off win on Stepan's goal. That's what's been missing in prior years.

5. Didn't you used to be Marian Gaborik?

6. Get ready for those 'can the Rangers win the Stanley Cup this year?' threads. Always comes after a small winning streak. To be followed by the 'this team needs to be disbanded' threads after a small losing streak.

7. 'In Torts we trust' again? Or too soon?

8. Something wrong with my newspaper this morning. It actually said the Islanders won. AS IF...

9. How many people wanted big Valley back halfway through the first period? Tell the truth.

10. Give me more Brandon Prusts. Please.

11. Wow Christensen has quick hands.

12. Anyone see the hit PK Subban put on Marchand last night? Tremendous open ice hit not unlike when Staal rocked Matt Stajan. Everybody on the Hockey Night in Canada telecast liked it except for Mike Milbury of course.

13. Not a big fan of forwards at the power play point in general, and having a rookie there in particular. There are exceptions to this (Matt Cullen), but please keep d-men on the point.

14. Nice of Jason Larbarbera to give us an early Christmas gift.

15. Let's go to Philly and beat the Cliff Lee out of them!

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 12:31 PM
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
Thoughts:

1. This team is VERY easy to root for. It's like the man behind the curtian took prior incarnations of the Rangers and gave them a heart. It always seemed like the fans cared more than the players...but not this year.

2. Chanting "Henrik" after the first two goals was just mean. Understandable and if I was there I would have felt like chanting it as well...but still mean.

3. Did anyone who watched the telecast think Mariano was a little tipsy during the interview? I did. 'It's haaaaaard'

4. LOVED how Avery, Drury and Stepan all attacked the net after the face off win on Stepan's goal. That's what's been missing in prior years.

5. Didn't you used to be Marian Gaborik?

6. Get ready for those 'can the Rangers win the Stanley Cup this year?' threads. Always comes after a small winning streak. To be followed by the 'this team needs to be disbanded' threads after a small losing streak.

7. 'In Torts we trust' again? Or too soon?

8. Something wrong with my newspaper this morning. It actually said the Islanders won. AS IF...

9. How many people wanted big Valley back halfway through the first period? Tell the truth.

10. Give me more Brandon Prusts. Please.

11. Wow Christensen has quick hands.

12. Anyone see the hit PK Subban put on Marchand last night? Tremendous open ice hit not unlike when Staal rocked Matt Stajan. Everybody on the Hockey Night in Canada telecast liked it except for Mike Milbury of course.

13. Not a big fan of forwards at the power play point in general, and having a rookie there in particular. There are exceptions to this (Matt Cullen), but please keep d-men on the point.

14. Nice of Jason Larbarbera to give us an early Christmas gift.

15. Let's go to Philly and beat the Cliff Lee out of them!
Tell me how you really feel...

Seriously though this team is easy to root for. But I don't like how even though we are winning big games, people still find something to complain about, in this case Gaborik. He is an elite goal scorer and will score again, don't you guys worry.

Blatant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 12:38 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
My thought was WTF was Avery doing exactly during the Stepan goal? Looked like he was trying to screen the goalie with his hand again.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 12:40 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Am I the only loser that watches the reruns of the game and raises the volume when I know they're gonna score just to hear the goal song?

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 12:46 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873
I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but did anyone else notice the subtle but most impressive deke of the night from EC to keep the puck from being poked away on the shoot-out goal?

I know it was LaBarbara and he prolly telegraphed it a little, but EC made that look so simple at the speed he was going.

Not a big fan of his, but I thought that was a pretty little move right there.

As for Avery, he was tied up when he went to the net and had his hands raised as if to intimate to the refs that he was innocent of any wrong doing. Seemed like he may have been directed towards the goalie by the defender and wanted to make sure that there was no penalty on his part as he was doing nothing wrong.

Loved that three of our smallest forwards were ALL standing in front of the net creating all sorts of havoc.

A very nice picture.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 01:51 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJRanger View Post
I didn't watch the game last night nor have I read through this thread so forgive me if it's been mentioned;

I noticed on some of Gross and Zip's twitter updates after the second goal that the crowd was chanting for Henrik - is that really how impatient we've become with Biron? A bad five minutes from a guy that's been playing very well and we're crying for our #1? Great to see Marty end up with the win.
imho it was warranted...Biron didnt look like he was focused at all...on the first goal it took a weird bounce, and it looked like he just took a gentle stroll back into his net instead of busting his butt to get back in. he could have EASILY stopped the goal if he tried harder to get into the net. on the 2nd one, it was a slight deflection but he should have had it...he saw it all the way and he didnt even react to the deflection.

biron was AWFUL to start the game, and if i was coaching i woulda pulled him them and there because the focus just did not appear to be there. but he did battle through it and came up with some big saves later in the game, so good for him.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 02:03 PM
Pizza

The Rangers have had their share of enigmas, but EC has to be in the hierarchy.

The guy has so much skill, but you just never know when or where it will show itself. The shoot out seems to be a good place to start.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 02:11 PM
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Am I the only loser that watches the reruns of the game and raises the volume when I know they're gonna score just to hear the goal song?
No I am watching the rerun right now.

Blatant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 02:19 PM
fiedy88

vCash: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
I don't raise the volume, but I'll watch the reruns of the game. MSG only plays them about 40 times the day after the game.

fiedy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 03:09 PM
Everlong
-

Drury is looking solid. Driving to the net, blocking shots, he's getting back into the groove of things. This is a big boost for the team, both on and off the ice. I only saw parts of the game though, who was he playing with most of the night?

Cheers

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 03:14 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxClearTheCreasexx View Post
Drury is looking solid. who was he playing with most of the night?
Anisimov and Dubinsky.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote