HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mitchell injury update

Old
12-17-2010, 04:46 PM
SLang

vCash: 500
Mitchell injury update

"Week-to-week", per Hammond. Will get treatment and will stay with the team on the trip. Not much on the actual injury, as usual, other than "lower body".

I suppose that's better than him being on the first plane home for surgery.....

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 04:51 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

It is frustrating that two of the three best defensive dmen on the team have been out for long stretches this season.

That said, I'm not sure how much more of Drewiske I can stomach. The guy is a creampuff. He does not handle pressure very well from opposing fore checkers, he is physically weak in one-on-one battles, he does not use his size to his advantage. In a nutshell, the guy is a push over. It is unfortunate that with Mitchell and Greene out, the Kings have no other options to go with on the blueline other than to dress Drewiske.

Knowing how fast and physical the Predators can play, I expect Drewiske to get banged up and struggle to keep up with the speedy Nashville forwards.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 05:00 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Probably sprained a knee/ankle

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 05:19 PM
KingCanadain1976

Phew. I feel if willie would have finish the game in St louis it would be a whole different result. WIth him in the lineup I give the kings a damn good chance against anyone in the league. So this week to week sounds alot better then dancing boys 3 - 4 weeks In the mean time bring up VV give him a few games and put him on the power play In other words give him a shot to play his game. Keep Harold in the pressbox. Hes not steady and scares me as a everyday player.

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 05:39 PM
jimmy1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
It is frustrating that two of the three best defensive dmen on the team have been out for long stretches this season.

That said, I'm not sure how much more of Drewiske I can stomach. The guy is a creampuff. He does not handle pressure very well from opposing fore checkers, he is physically weak in one-on-one battles, he does not use his size to his advantage. In a nutshell, the guy is a push over. It is unfortunate that with Mitchell and Greene out, the Kings have no other options to go with on the blueline other than to dress Drewiske.

Knowing how fast and physical the Predators can play, I expect Drewiske to get banged up and struggle to keep up with the speedy Nashville forwards.
That's a bit harsh. He's had a few games this season where quite a few posters here praised his work. I'd remind you that this was his first game in a while as well. That said, it's an NHL player's responsibility to ALWAYS be ready.

I don't think Drewiske is as bad as your post suggests. He may have played poorly last night, but he also wasn't the only one.

jimmy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 05:59 PM
BamBam1031

We really need Mitchell in front of Quick. He does all the little things like tying up guys in front and clearing out rebounds that no one else seems to want to do with regularity. Having him makes Quick that much more confident, it seems, and a confident Quick is an infectious thing.

BamBam1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 06:04 PM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy1100 View Post
That's a bit harsh. He's had a few games this season where quite a few posters here praised his work. I'd remind you that this was his first game in a while as well. That said, it's an NHL player's responsibility to ALWAYS be ready.

I don't think Drewiske is as bad as your post suggests. He may have played poorly last night, but he also wasn't the only one.
I don't think he's been that bad either. Hell, I think Greene has been our worst regular defenseman this season. Greene is certainly a loss due to his leadership but not because of his play this season. He's been bad.

The problem with Mitchell going down is no one else has proved capable of filling in, even temporarily, in the Top 4. Watching Greene try to play in the Top 4 is painful. Guys like Drewiske and Harrold are no different. Martinez has earned it the most but stylistically doesn't fit well.

If I'm Murray, I pair DD/JJ and Scuds/Martinez and ride those two pairs heavily until Mitchell or Greene get healthy.

12-17-2010, 06:34 PM
Capn Brown

Call me crazy, but if Greene is questionable for tomorrow's game, shouldn't we be calling up another defenseman, just in case? You never know who's gunna get the flu out of nowhere.....

Muzzin?

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 06:40 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
Call me crazy, but if Greene is questionable for tomorrow's game, shouldn't we be calling up another defenseman, just in case? You never know who's gunna get the flu out of nowhere.....

Muzzin?
With 8 on the roster (7 with Willie injury I guess), I doubt it. All this does is make DD/Harrold a regular and gives Moller some more time, IMO. Not what I want but what will happen.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 06:51 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
With 8 on the roster (7 with Willie injury I guess), I doubt it. All this does is make DD/Harrold a regular and gives Moller some more time, IMO. Not what I want but what will happen.

Ah, I hadn't read this part:

Quote:
Murray said he would talk to Dean Lombardi today about the possibility of calling up a defenseman from Manchester.
http://lakingsinsider.com/2010/12/17...ice-update-15/

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 06:53 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

Quote:

Muzzin?
Muzzin is injured too, IIRC, and I think Murray said (in Hammond's blog? No time to check right now) that he's looking to Manchester for a callup.

Who can replace Greene? Teubert?

Brad Doty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 06:54 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post

I haven't seen a game since the Florida one, but I've been calling Drewiske "Big and Soft" for a season or so now.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 06:54 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
Muzzin is injured too, IIRC, and I think Murray said (in Hammond's blog? No time to check right now) that he's looking to Manchester for a callup.

Who can replace Greene? Teubert?
Teubert or Andrew Campbell.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 07:13 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Obviously neither had I, I guess I was wrong. I would think Voynov is next in line with Muzzin injured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdoughty View Post
It's sad that people who have never played hockey talk **** on players like Drewiske
I dislike this argument. I have played hockey at a very high level, but just because somebody didn't play hockey does not mean they do not know the game. They might be just as knowledgable. And if you are going to pull the whole "he's better than you"...well congragulations for him, does not make said evaluation of a player any less justified AT THE NHL level.

Just a note, I said nothing of Drewiske. He has nothing to do with.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 07:25 PM
tantrum4*

Quote:

I dislike this argument. I have played hockey at a very high level, but just because somebody didn't play hockey does not mean they do not know the game. They might be just as knowledgable. And if you are going to pull the whole "he's better than you"...well congragulations for him, does not make said evaluation of a player any less justified AT THE NHL level.

See, I'm of the total opposite opinion. I don't second guess what a doctor tells me or the guy that fixes my garage door for that matter. I didn't go to school and learn how to do that job, so who the hell am I to say he's doing it wrong? Same goes for hockey players and fans who bash them. All you're really doing is stating your opinion, but really, most people on ANY message board wouldn't have the first clue what to do if they ever stepped foot on an NHL ice surface. It's easy to sit back from a birds eye view and see whats going on in the entire ice surface and point out what should have been done after a bad play, but when you're actually on the ice, playing in a high pace game, it's a lot different.

tantrum4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 08:11 PM
kingdoughty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
See, I'm of the total opposite opinion. I don't second guess what a doctor tells me or the guy that fixes my garage door for that matter. I didn't go to school and learn how to do that job, so who the hell am I to say he's doing it wrong? Same goes for hockey players and fans who bash them. All you're really doing is stating your opinion, but really, most people on ANY message board wouldn't have the first clue what to do if they ever stepped foot on an NHL ice surface. It's easy to sit back from a birds eye view and see whats going on in the entire ice surface and point out what should have been done after a bad play, but when you're actually on the ice, playing in a high pace game, it's a lot different.
this...

the game looks much different when you're playing it. it's easy to sit back and say "oh he should have moved the puck here", but from his eyes it much more difficult than that. show some sympathy/respect

kingdoughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 08:13 PM
kingdoughty

Quote:

Yes, it does. If you have never played hockey, you don't know what it's like to be on the ice and make split second decisions

Old
12-17-2010, 09:44 PM
no name

Quote:
It's sad that people who have never played hockey talk **** on players like Drewiske
Oh please. The "never played hockey" line. I play football, baseball, basketball, tennis, golf and martial arts and my opinion on how well somebody played in those sports are no more valid than a 300 pound couch potato with a bucket of fried chicken on his greasy belly. I know this wasn't directed at me since I didn't voice my opinion but this train of thought is just silly. Elitism at it's finest.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 09:47 PM
no name

Quote:

Thank you. Josh McDaniels never suited up for football in his life but he was a top assistant coach and it earned him a 3.5 million dollar head coaching contract with the Brocos. I guess he doesn't know what he's talking about. How about Buddy Ryan's sons? They seem to know a thing or two.

Old
12-17-2010, 09:53 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
The doctor analogy couldn't be more off. Until they show a doctor doing his job on television 24 hours a day then save it. People have watched tens of thousands of hours of sports, read books, had it analized on 24 hour sports networks for decades and had access to scouting services via the web. How many scouts played competative sports? Not many. You can become a certified scout online and be placed in a sports system. Come on man.

Old
12-17-2010, 09:56 PM
MollerManor

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
Oh please. The "never played hockey" line. I play football, baseball, basketball, tennis, golf and martial arts and my opinion on how well somebody played in those sports are no more valid than a 300 pound couch potato with a bucket of fried chicken on his greasy belly. I know this wasn't directed at me since I didn't voice my opinion but this train of thought is just silly. Elitism at it's finest.
I think the key term here is "high level."

Unless you are Bo Jackson?

MollerManor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 09:56 PM
no name

Quote:
Yes, it does. If you have never played hockey, you don't know what it's like to be on the ice and make split second decisions
You don't have to know what it's like to make split second decisions to know if the decision was wrong or right. If you are arguing for people to respect and sympathize for how difficult the job is than that's an entirely different thing. There is a reason, they make so much more than the normal person. That doesn't mean we can't sit back and say player X played a bad game.

Old
12-17-2010, 09:59 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Thank you. Josh McDaniels never suited up for football in his life but he was a top assistant coach and it earned him a 3.5 million dollar head coaching contract with the Brocos. I guess he doesn't know what he's talking about. How about Buddy Ryan's sons? They seem to know a thing or two.
Josh McDaniels may not be the best example.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 10:02 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollerManor View Post
I think the key term here is "high level."

Unless you are Bo Jackson?
I've been heavily in martial arts since I was 8 years old and wrestled as an underage teenager in HS. I wrestled competatively and have been in and around MMA since I could qualify. My father is a 6th degree black belt in circle JJ and I am profcient in over 40 submissions, and have advanced to at least brown belt in 4 arts over the last 20 years. That doesn't make my opinion on a fight more or less valid than somebody who has watched MMA on TV for ten years. It makes me respect all that they have gone through more than most, but that doesn't equate to my opinion being any more important.

Old
12-17-2010, 10:04 PM
kingdoughty

Quote:
You don't have to know what it's like to make split second decisions to know if the decision was wrong or right. If you are arguing for people to respect and sympathize for how difficult the job is than that's an entirely different thing. There is a reason, they make so much more than the normal person. That doesn't mean we can't sit back and say player X played a bad game.
You can do whatever the hell you want but it stems from a lack of respect and ignorance

You can say someone played a bad game, but talking **** on a player is something else entirely

Last edited by kingdoughty: 12-17-2010 at 10:10 PM.