HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Bauer Totalone or Easton S19 stick

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-18-2010, 06:48 AM
  #1
iBlaze81
Registered User
 
iBlaze81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 500
Bauer Totalone or Easton S19 stick

I'm looking for opinions from people that have used both the Bauer totalone and the easton s19 stick. Which one do you prefer and why ?

I was using a Bauer x60 then i switch to the Bauer Totalone, and i liked it alot more in terms of balance and overall response of the stick, my shot wasn't too much different though.

I've never used a easton stick before, until i tried out my friend's Easton SE16 during pickup hockey. I was really impressed with how much harder my shot was, in terms of shooting it felt better, but in terms of stick handling, i would still prefer my totalone.

After using the SE16 i thought maybe the S19 would be a much improved stick and the stickhandling might be close to the totalone. I really wanna try out the s19, but it's a $300 + stick, maybe Santa will be good to me this year.

iBlaze81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 08:03 AM
  #2
Rush22*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Illinois
Country: United States
Posts: 1,532
vCash: 500
I have both the S19 and an X:60, I have used a teammates TotalOne. The TotalOne is the lighter of the two sticks, but not by much at all. The S19's elliptical profile give it a very low kick point and it has the best quick release shot in my opinion. They are both two of the best sticks on the market, I think the TotalOne has the advantage in slap shots because of its mutli-flex point design. In the end it is what is more comfortable for you, I prefer the S19 but that does not make it a better stick.

Rush22* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 08:26 AM
  #3
canuck44
 
canuck44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relapse View Post
I have both the S19 and an X:60, I have used a teammates TotalOne. The TotalOne is the lighter of the two sticks, but not by much at all. The S19's elliptical profile give it a very low kick point and it has the best quick release shot in my opinion. They are both two of the best sticks on the market, I think the TotalOne has the advantage in slap shots because of its mutli-flex point design. In the end it is what is more comfortable for you, I prefer the S19 but that does not make it a better stick.
The X:60 is the one with the multi-flex point design. The totalone's are midflex.

The S17/19 are mid-low kickpoint, not a true low kick point due to the elliptical part of the stick.

But I haven't used any of the sticks so it's hard for me to say. But considering the durability issues with the S19's and how nice the TO's felt in my hands, I'd probably choose the TO stick.

canuck44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 11:38 AM
  #4
ponder
Registered User
 
ponder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,574
vCash: 500
You already have arguably the best stick on the market, and are thinking of spending $300 on another stick? Eek! Save your money/your parents money!

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 07:43 PM
  #5
Rush22*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Illinois
Country: United States
Posts: 1,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck44 View Post
The X:60 is the one with the multi-flex point design. The totalone's are midflex.

The S17/19 are mid-low kickpoint, not a true low kick point due to the elliptical part of the stick.

But I haven't used any of the sticks so it's hard for me to say. But considering the durability issues with the S19's and how nice the TO's felt in my hands, I'd probably choose the TO stick.
On the durability I would agree. My X:60s last seemingly forever and my S19s break after a few good slashes across the elliptical portion of the stick, I would assume the TotalOne is also very durable considering it shares a lot of the same materials with the X:60.

I simply choose the S19 because Bauer does not have a blade pattern that close to the "Chara" curve I use and I love the feel and shot I get from the S19.

Rush22* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 11:41 AM
  #6
Lario Melieux*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Jeannette, PA
Posts: 3,664
vCash: 500
I've never heard any complaints about S19 durability. Durability was the main issue Easton addressed when designing it, since the S17 had horrible breakage issues. IIRC, they changed the method in which the kevlar is incorporated into the stick. I had my first S19 for about 8 months, maybe 30 games or so, and the only reason it broke is because it ended up on the other team's bench after a big scrum.

Lario Melieux* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 01:31 AM
  #7
Jerry Lundegaard
Sutter for Captain
 
Jerry Lundegaard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,033
vCash: 500
in my opinion, the SE16 is the perfect stick

it's the best stick i've ever used and could be had for $100 less than the S19

Jerry Lundegaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 02:59 PM
  #8
Rush22*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Illinois
Country: United States
Posts: 1,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Weathers View Post
in my opinion, the SE16 is the perfect stick

it's the best stick i've ever used and could be had for $100 less than the S19
The SE16 is a great stick but is has very different characteristics from the Stealth series. Everything is preference and feel for the player. I know some players that cannot stand one piece sticks and play way better with a two piece and a wood blade.

Rush22* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 03:13 PM
  #9
samsquanch9*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,796
vCash: 50
I have an intermediate SE16 Sakic with crazy flex. (65) I love it. I am in Minor Bantam if you are wondering about the intermediate stick.

samsquanch9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 03:38 PM
  #10
Islander102
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,247
vCash: 500
The Totalone is a superior stick to the S19. Most top end sticks on the market are with the exception of perhaps the 10/11K's. The only thing the Easton's have as an advantage is a better curve selection.

Islander102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 12:59 AM
  #11
canuck44
 
canuck44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lario Melieux View Post
I've never heard any complaints about S19 durability. Durability was the main issue Easton addressed when designing it, since the S17 had horrible breakage issues. IIRC, they changed the method in which the kevlar is incorporated into the stick. I had my first S19 for about 8 months, maybe 30 games or so, and the only reason it broke is because it ended up on the other team's bench after a big scrum.
I've heard the S19 is basically the S17 with a kevlar wrap around it for durability. Either way, it seems like the general consensus is the S19 is more durable than the S17

canuck44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 01:05 AM
  #12
robat19
Registered User
 
robat19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 106
vCash: 500
I have a TotalOne, X60 and an S19. The TotalOne and X60 are my favorites, the S19 just feels dead compared to the other two.

robat19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 01:40 AM
  #13
Grave77digger
Registered User
 
Grave77digger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,550
vCash: 500
I think current stick prices are a crime. I thought spending $80 on a high end stick was a lot. Now its hard to find a stick that isnt mostly heavy fiber glass for that price. Luckily for me I rarely break sticks anymore.

Grave77digger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 08:34 AM
  #14
jorbjorb
BROWN TOWN
 
jorbjorb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 437
vCash: 500
total ones great for slappers

s19 great for snappers

jorbjorb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 11:23 AM
  #15
Cowbell232
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,084
vCash: 500
The shaft of the S19 is very durable. The blades, however, suck. They go 'soft' or 'dead' or whatever you want to call it pretty easy. I've had two retail S19s and two pro stocks.

Both pro stocks have had cracks down the middle of the blades, but the shafts are fine no matter how much I get slashed and whatnot.

BOTH retail sticks (bought far apart in batch codes, two different blade patterns) have the toe start to split apart, and that makes them 'dead' long before the shafts weaken.

My next stick will almost definitely be a Bauer, just to try something else.

__________________
"Why I'll be a Devil forever [...] two words. Trust and respect." - Mr. Pat Burns
"I learned not to question Cowbell's willingness to ban." - Brian Boyle
Cowbell232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 11:24 AM
  #16
robat19
Registered User
 
robat19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grave77digger View Post
I think current stick prices are a crime. I thought spending $80 on a high end stick was a lot. Now its hard to find a stick that isnt mostly heavy fiber glass for that price. Luckily for me I rarely break sticks anymore.
just buy prostock.

robat19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:26 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.