HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chelios article (Sorta ,,, by our own Committed)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-16-2010, 11:27 PM
  #1
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 119,985
vCash: 302
Chelios article (Sorta ,,, by our own Committed)

So I went to Foxsports and to there NHL section and it has a link right to well known Hawk fan and HF poster CommittedIndians blog

http://network.yardbarker.com/nhl/ar...helios/3803275

I dont care for Chelios ,,, I wouldn't boo him but I dont think he deserves a night in his honor

Just thought it was a decent read and a nice props to Committed on the exposure

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 11:48 PM
  #2
Teemu
Moderator
 
Teemu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Palatine
Country: United States
Posts: 21,950
vCash: 500
Well, someone's eating up every bite that McDonough feeds him.

He did a lot of good with the Hawks, but he was a dick after that trade. Here's a guy that went on Mike North's show, proclaimed (and I quote) "I'd never play for Detroit, that's how much I hate them", then demands a trade to them when times got tough. Now, I don't discount role of Wirtz/Pulford in this, but Chelios pissed on the team and the fans in the media. He'd come to public events (7th inning stretch at Wrigley, etc.) and boast about the Wings greatness. Then, of course, was theunforgivable abomination of wearing a Red Wings jersey for the 75th anniversary celebration.



So if you're going to the game tomorrow, boo. Boo loud and hard so that you can drown out all of the bandwagon ****tards who gave up on this team for 15 years and only remember this team as how Blackhawks marketing wants them to remember.


And bring me one of them hats so that I can take a dump in it.


Last edited by Teemu: 12-17-2010 at 12:01 AM.
Teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 12:02 AM
  #3
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 119,985
vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemu View Post
Well, someone's eating up every bite that McDonough feeds him.

He did a lot of good with the Hawks, but he was a dick after that trade. Here's a guy that went on Mike North's show, proclaimed (and I quote) "I'd never play for Detroit, that's how much I hate them", then demands a trade to them when times got tough. Now, I don't discount role of Wirtz/Pulford in this, but Chelios pissed on the team and the fans in the media. He'd come to public events (7th inning stretch at Wrigley, etc.) and boast about the Wings greatness. Then, of course, was theunforgivable abomination of wearing a Red Wings jersey for the 75th anniversary celebration.



So if you're going to the game tomorrow, boo. Boo loud and hard so that you can drown out all of the bandwagon ****tards who gave up on this team for 15 years and only remember this team as how Blackhawks marketing wants them to remember.


And bring me one of them hats so that I can take a dump in it.
Crazy edit there Teemu ,,,,, When I went to post it was 1 sentence and then Bam!!!!!!!!!

I dont care for Chelios but at same time it is a bit hard to boo him as a grew up a fan.

But he is a ### so I guess you have convinced me!

Boo!!!!!!!!!!!! Boo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---- Frankly the thing I hold most against Chelios has nothing to do with Hawks ,,,, I didn't like how he acted towards Bettman during the 95 lockout including his threats ---

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 03:29 AM
  #4
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU
 
IU Hawks fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: No longer IU
Country: United States
Posts: 21,395
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemu View Post

That photo just makes me wanna puke.

IU Hawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 04:20 AM
  #5
pvr
Kruger Line=2.75 Men
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,246
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemu View Post
Can't believe the other Hawks didn't "drop gloves" and have a go at Chelios for that stunt.

pvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 08:20 AM
  #6
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,474
vCash: 50
What Chelios did wearing that ugly **** rag in that picture is unforgivable and will forever change the way I feel about him. However, Chelios was my favorite player when he was with the Hawks and was good to the fans when he was here. As a kid, I remember going to Cheli's Chilli bar and meeting him and Jeremy Piven and getting autographs. I put more blame on the Hawks than anyone else for all of this. They traded him to Detroit. We should never be trading star players to Detroit, especially our Captain. I was embarrased they did that and still am to this day. Chelios embracing the Red Wings after the fact sucks, but we could have traded him to Phoenix or somewhere else instead of giving one our best players to our arch rival to help them win Stanley Cups.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 11:29 AM
  #7
JUICEY*
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 2,832
vCash: 500
Chelios can go **** himself.

JUICEY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 01:12 PM
  #8
theaub
34-38-61-10-13-15
 
theaub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Markham, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,347
vCash: 500
I was a huge Chelios fan growing up...outside of JR he was my favourite player until he got traded. I wasn't old enough to appreciate the rivalry at the time, especially because I didn't live in Chicago and my memory retention in life started pretty much right after the '95 WCF, but if he doesn't get booed tonight I give up.

theaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 09:03 PM
  #9
DarkReign
Registered User
 
DarkReign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,602
vCash: 500
Is that photo real?

DarkReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 09:17 PM
  #10
massivegoonery
Registered User
 
massivegoonery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 11,599
vCash: 500
Yeah.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 10:56 PM
  #11
IJReilly
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 276
vCash: 500
It's always pathetic when an organization goes out of its way to kowtow to a player who clearly doesn't give two sh*ts about it. When can we expect Brett Favre Heritage Night in Green Bay?

IJReilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 01:43 AM
  #12
Teemu
Moderator
 
Teemu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Palatine
Country: United States
Posts: 21,950
vCash: 500
http://dailyherald.com/article/20101...rts/712189933/

Teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 02:23 AM
  #13
MadhouseOnMadison
Man crush on Amonte
 
MadhouseOnMadison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,740
vCash: 500
I noticed the Wings fans liked throwing around the word "classless" when Chelios got booed yet they did the same when Hossa first played at the Joe in an indian head with much less reason to do so.

MadhouseOnMadison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 01:03 PM
  #14
67coach
Registered User
 
67coach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Detroit MI
Country: England
Posts: 900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadhouseOnMadison View Post
I noticed the Wings fans liked throwing around the word "classless" when Chelios got booed yet they did the same when Hossa first played at the Joe in an indian head with much less reason to do so.
Dude, don't even compare the two. Hossa played in Detroit for one year, he basically whored himself out for a cup.

Chelios gave you 9 great years and bled all kinds of red for that Indian Head. He never, never asked to be traded to Detroit, that idiot of an owner of yours who robbed you fans blind and treated you like crap for god knows how many years did this to you and ever since you have treated Chelli like he had the plague.

Give the guy a break, you totally embarrassed the guy in front of his family, just don't see the need for that

67coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 02:11 PM
  #15
MrSerious
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67coach View Post
Dude, don't even compare the two. Hossa played in Detroit for one year, he basically whored himself out for a cup.
Chelios whored himself out for a cup by going to Detroit?

Quote:
Chelios gave you 9 great years and bled all kinds of red for that Indian Head.He never, never asked to be traded to Detroit, that idiot of an owner of yours who robbed you fans blind and treated you like crap for god knows how many years did this to you and ever since you have treated Chelli like he had the plague.
Yes he did ask to be traded to Detroit, he even said so yesterday. And then he wore the Red Wings jersey in the 75th anniversary photo.

Quote:
Give the guy a break, you totally embarrassed the guy in front of his family, just don't see the need for that
Chelios doesn't deserve a break. He wasn't embarrassed in front of his family cause he doesn't give a **** about what Blackhawk fans think. I don't get why everyone cries about Blackhawk fans being classless for booing Chelios. I guess since Chelios is the epitome of class, he deserves better. Guy was a dirty player on the ice and a piece of **** off the ice.

MrSerious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 02:16 PM
  #16
MadhouseOnMadison
Man crush on Amonte
 
MadhouseOnMadison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67coach View Post
Dude, don't even compare the two. Hossa played in Detroit for one year, he basically whored himself out for a cup.
My point exactly. Hossa was a blink in the history of Detroit and still got booed. And for what?

And from what I remember I thought Chelios asked to be traded. I was a little kid at the time so I'm not going to pretend to remember every minute detail of the transaction but from what I remembered Chelios wanted a trade and Detroit was willing to take him. But for a guy who said he'd never play for Detroit because he hated them so much he sure is taking his time leaving after playing a full decade there and then continuing to work for the organization.


Last edited by MadhouseOnMadison: 12-18-2010 at 02:24 PM.
MadhouseOnMadison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 02:18 PM
  #17
JUICEY*
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 2,832
vCash: 500
I loved when they showed Chelios and he was pounding Bud Lights like they were nothing.

I hope he got another DUI and this one stuck.

JUICEY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 03:14 PM
  #18
67coach
Registered User
 
67coach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Detroit MI
Country: England
Posts: 900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
Chelios whored himself out for a cup by going to Detroit?
Actually he whored himself out for 2 cups.

As for dirty players, you love em when they play for ya and you hate them when they don't, but you don't skank em in front of their wife and kids dude

67coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 03:19 PM
  #19
67coach
Registered User
 
67coach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Detroit MI
Country: England
Posts: 900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadhouseOnMadison View Post
My point exactly. Hossa was a blink in the history of Detroit and still got booed. And for what?

And from what I remember I thought Chelios asked to be traded. I was a little kid at the time so I'm not going to pretend to remember every minute detail of the transaction but from what I remembered Chelios wanted a trade and Detroit was willing to take him. But for a guy who said he'd never play for Detroit because he hated them so much he sure is taking his time leaving after playing a full decade there and then continuing to work for the organization.
This is exactly what happened and why wouldn't he want to stay in Detroit?

Mike Ilitch has been better to Chelios than any other owner he has played for, the fans in Detroit love him and his kids have done great in the Detroit are. Jake and Dean are thriving at MSU and he has successful business in the Detroit area.

Sounds to me like he found himself a place where he is appreciated

67coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 04:13 PM
  #20
BlackHawkeye*
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Iowa
Country: United States
Posts: 1,639
vCash: 500
Yeah but that place is Detriot.

BlackHawkeye* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 04:26 PM
  #21
MadhouseOnMadison
Man crush on Amonte
 
MadhouseOnMadison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67coach View Post
This is exactly what happened and why wouldn't he want to stay in Detroit?

Mike Ilitch has been better to Chelios than any other owner he has played for, the fans in Detroit love him and his kids have done great in the Detroit are. Jake and Dean are thriving at MSU and he has successful business in the Detroit area.

Sounds to me like he found himself a place where he is appreciated
Well I can think of many reasons why I wouldn't want to stay in Detroit, but Chelios said himself he'd never play in Detroit, that's how much he hated them. Then he goes and does just that. It's not like the fans were the ones that turned their backs on him, it was the ******* of an owner. I'm sure there were plenty of other teams that would've been happy to take Chelios but he went to the one team he said he never would.

I don't think any Hawk fan could blame him for leaving, but going to Detroit was just a slap in the face.

And I'm still not sure how any of this negates the hypocritical thought process of Wings fans who think it's classless to boo one player, but seemingly ok to boo another.

MadhouseOnMadison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 04:39 PM
  #22
67coach
Registered User
 
67coach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Detroit MI
Country: England
Posts: 900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadhouseOnMadison View Post
Well I can think of many reasons why I wouldn't want to stay in Detroit, but Chelios said himself he'd never play in Detroit, that's how much he hated them. Then he goes and does just that. It's not like the fans were the ones that turned their backs on him, it was the ******* of an owner. I'm sure there were plenty of other teams that would've been happy to take Chelios but he went to the one team he said he never would.

I don't think any Hawk fan could blame him for leaving, but going to Detroit was just a slap in the face.

And I'm still not sure how any of this negates the hypocritical thought process of Wings fans who think it's classless to boo one player, but seemingly ok to boo another.

Ok, so do you think that Wings fan would Boo Steve Yzerman because he left and went to Tampa Bay? Wings fans wanted him to stay but he couldn't get what he wanted in Detroit, so according to your logic Wings fans are supposed to boo him because he is now a traitor.......

Sorry Dude, I just don't get it

67coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 05:02 PM
  #23
MadhouseOnMadison
Man crush on Amonte
 
MadhouseOnMadison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67coach View Post
Ok, so do you think that Wings fan would Boo Steve Yzerman because he left and went to Tampa Bay? Wings fans wanted him to stay but he couldn't get what he wanted in Detroit, so according to your logic Wings fans are supposed to boo him because he is now a traitor.......

Sorry Dude, I just don't get it
If Tampa was a rival team and Yzerman said he would never be a part of their organization out of hate but ended up going there anyway then yes, I would expect Wings fans to boo him (and I'm sure they would since they booed Hossa who meant nothing to Detroit other than being a rental). But Tampa isn't a rival, they are nothing to the Wings. They're not even in the same conference let alone the same division. So of course you would wish Steve well in his endeavors in Tampa.

I mean there's a reason why Ladd, Buff, Sopel, Eager, Havlat, Frasier, and other players we've lost recently didn't get booed. In fact I think when the Thrashers came to the UC ex-Hawks were applauded when they won places as stars of the game. I don't even remember older guys like Roenick, Amonte, Belfour, etc getting booed when they left under similar conditions when management was unwilling to keep them on.

I'm not sure why you're having trouble seeing the differences here regarding the Chelios situation.


Last edited by MadhouseOnMadison: 12-18-2010 at 05:09 PM.
MadhouseOnMadison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 05:24 PM
  #24
67coach
Registered User
 
67coach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Detroit MI
Country: England
Posts: 900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadhouseOnMadison View Post
If Tampa was a rival team and Yzerman said he would never be a part of their organization out of hate but ended up going there anyway then yes, I would expect Wings fans to boo him (and I'm sure they would since they booed Hossa who meant nothing to Detroit other than being a rental). But Tampa isn't a rival, they are nothing to the Wings. They're not even in the same conference let alone the same division. So of course you would wish Steve well in his endeavors in Tampa.

I mean there's a reason why Ladd, Buff, Sopel, Eager, Havlat, Frasier, and other players we've lost recently didn't get booed. In fact I think when the Thrashers came to the UC ex-Hawks were applauded when they won places as stars of the game. I don't even remember older guys like Roenick, Amonte, Belfour, etc getting booed when they left under similar conditions when management was unwilling to keep them on.

I'm not sure why you're having trouble seeing the differences here regarding the Chelios situation.
Hossa was Booed here because of what he did during contract negotiations. he left the Wings in a bad situation and it was not appreciated.

Look I understand that you boo Chelli, what I can't understand is that if you hate him that much why did you have a sell out crowd and if your only intent was to embarrass the man and his family (Who have done nothing to you) it makes you look ridiculous and bitter. His parents are life long Chicagoans and you stripped them of a night they should have been able to be proud of.

Maybe I just can't be that bitter and hateful

67coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 05:32 PM
  #25
BlackHawkeye*
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Iowa
Country: United States
Posts: 1,639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67coach View Post
Look I understand that you boo Chelli, what I can't understand is that if you hate him that much why did you have a sell out crowd and if your only intent was to embarrass the man and his family (Who have done nothing to you) it makes you look ridiculous and bitter.
This may be shocking to wings fans, but the ceremony was not why the game sold out.

BlackHawkeye* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.