HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

Wild 3 Flames 1

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-18-2010, 08:15 PM
  #26
Stewie Griffin
Moderator
Benevolent Overlord
 
Stewie Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary
Posts: 6,737
vCash: 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchief12 View Post
I bet on the Flames Stewie.
I have a system. It's worked the last few games...

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 08:20 PM
  #27
bigchief12
Registered User
 
bigchief12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
I have a system. It's worked the last few games...
Does this system involve drinking?

bigchief12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 08:28 PM
  #28
Nachoman AlfieSavage*
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Eating nachos up top
Posts: 2,245
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keys View Post
4 points away from a playoff seed.

The next 10 games are priceless to the team in determining where we finish this season.

Coutourier/Larsson or Playoffs?
Here we go!

GO FLAMES GO!

Edit: 3-2 win

Put your vCash on it, boys! :p
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=854631

Actually its 6 points back. The guys in 9,10,11,12 all have games in hand. Its not as rosy as it looks. Calgary will need to win at a winning percentage equivalent to the best teams in the nhl if they are to make the playoffs.

Nachoman AlfieSavage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 08:56 PM
  #29
danishh
Dat Stache
 
danishh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: mtl/ott/somewhere
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,654
vCash: 50
there is no zamboni coming at them.

I am disappoint.

__________________
RIP Kev.
danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 09:09 PM
  #30
Lunatik*
 
Lunatik*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchief12 View Post
Does this system involve drinking?
oh so you've met Stewie

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 11:30 PM
  #31
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild
 
FLAMES666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,346
vCash: 50
I don't know about anyone else but Brent Sutter is simply making bad coaching decisions this game. What message is he trying to send by playing the 4th line like its our first when were down. They were out there on the 3rd Minnesota goal cause they couldn't clear the zone, now they get extra ice time? What did Backlund and Kotalik do to get benched. Its a big game and your expecting the 4th line to tie it up, get your head out of your A$$ sutter!

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 12:27 AM
  #32
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!
 
Skobel24's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,966
vCash: 50
Good god Stajan scored. On pace for 4 goals now this year

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 01:00 AM
  #33
Flames Fanatic
Truculent Fan
 
Flames Fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,008
vCash: 50
Jesus Christ what a frustrating game to be at. The Flames played well and had possession for the majority of the second. Then bam, down 2 goals. The Flames who simply cannot make basic passes showed up tonight.

I had MASSIVE frustration during the last 8 minutes of the third. The jumbotron had a video on perseverance and resilency and saying we won't give up. The fans who are still there (not a lot at this point, even after 3-1) and we all go ****ing nuts, trying to wake the guys up. Huge energy in the building, and videos with Flames saying we won't give up.

Then they pan the bench and the general look is disinterest or like they'd already given up. So frustrating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
I don't know about anyone else but Brent Sutter is simply making bad coaching decisions this game. What message is he trying to send by playing the 4th line like its our first when were down. They were out there on the 3rd Minnesota goal cause they couldn't clear the zone, now they get extra ice time? What did Backlund and Kotalik do to get benched. Its a big game and your expecting the 4th line to tie it up, get your head out of your A$$ sutter!
I tried to get a "Fire the Sutters" chant going, but it was too late and nobody cared anymore. Backlund and Kotalik looked a hell of a lot better than our first line tonight. Iggy had some chances, but oh my ****ing christ I wanted to kill Tanguay. He refused to shoot tonight. Stajan, despite the goal was ****ing terrible. Just brutal. I'm so furious that Sutter signed him for the money and term he did.

I'm still livid. The only guys that showed up to play were Gio, Sarich, Bouwmeester, and Jackman. Kostopolus was up and down all night. Pardy was a turnover machine in our zone. Morrison was floating all night. I was actually pleased with Jokinen from about the halfway point on. Before that not so much. The cycle still dies on his stick more often than not. Sigh. Kipper was okay, but not stellar by any stretch. Bourque had a few decent shifts, but then had bad ones the following one. The shots on net stat was deceiving, we may have had an edge but so many of our shots were ****. I swear to god I think Backlund was the only forward who really came back defensively consistently tonight and had a good scoring chance and then he got benched. I ****ing hate the Sutters at this point. Get rid of all of them.


Last edited by Flames Fanatic: 12-19-2010 at 01:09 AM.
Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 02:20 AM
  #34
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Formerly MVW
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,611
vCash: 50
All I want for Christmas is a top 2 draft pick. That is what this team so desperately needs more than anything. We need a franchise guy who can come in to replace Iginla after he leaves. Right now Backlund is the only ready prospect we have, and he most likely will not be able to fill those shoes.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 03:35 AM
  #35
MarkGio
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,820
vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post
Jesus Christ what a frustrating game to be at.
What were you expecting? It's not like this game was particularly different from the average game the Flames have played this year. These players don't care and it will cost their careers in the long run.

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 11:33 AM
  #36
GoFlames
Registered User
 
GoFlames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,690
vCash: 500
What a stinking game....argh. And to prove how crazy this team is making me I actually bet 100 vcash on the Flames lol.

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 02:17 PM
  #37
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**
 
StreakingRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 10,811
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
What message is he trying to send by playing the 4th line like its our first when were down.

The message that every other line needed to work as hard as our best line in this game, which was the 4th line. It's called rewarding those players who show up. Good on Sutter.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 02:28 PM
  #38
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild
 
FLAMES666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,346
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
The message that every other line needed to work as hard as our best line in this game, which was the 4th line. It's called rewarding those players who show up. Good on Sutter.
Ya but when you continue to play them after they fail to clear the zone which led to the third goal, that just shows you don't care about winning.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 02:34 PM
  #39
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**
 
StreakingRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 10,811
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
Ya but when you continue to play them after they fail to clear the zone which led to the third goal, that just shows you don't care about winning.

No, it doesn't. Players are going to make mistakes, regardless of what line they're on. But for this particular game, our 4th line was our best line (which goes to show you why we lost) and deserved the ice time they got.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 02:46 PM
  #40
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild
 
FLAMES666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,346
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
No, it doesn't. Players are going to make mistakes, regardless of what line they're on. But for this particular game, our 4th line was our best line (which goes to show you why we lost) and deserved the ice time they got.
They weren't our best line that is the thing. Jokinens line was probably the best and Iggy and Tanguay were playing fine. Its bad coaching when you your putting your 4th line out down 3 goals in the 3rd. I don't care how well they played earlier in the game you put out the players who give you a better chance of winning and Kostopolous, Jackman and Moss are the last guys I would put out their.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 05:37 PM
  #41
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Formerly MVW
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,611
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
They weren't our best line that is the thing. Jokinens line was probably the best and Iggy and Tanguay were playing fine. Its bad coaching when you your putting your 4th line out down 3 goals in the 3rd. I don't care how well they played earlier in the game you put out the players who give you a better chance of winning and Kostopolous, Jackman and Moss are the last guys I would put out their.
Sutter has been this teams coach for a year and half now, and obviously he knows better than anyone that there is a fundamental problem with this team. I am in agreement with Sutter's coaching decision to reward more minutes to the 4th line. To me this says that he is not concerned with being short sighted to win "a" game, and that he is more concerned with the big picture in trying to motivate "key" players on the Flames, hence the recent benchings of certain players on the team.

I think alot of his moves he has done as of late have been done out of desparation in trying to get guys going. Like sending out 5 defenceman on the PP, benching key individuals, cutting peoples ice time, and calling out players in the media. What he is trying to accomplish is getting rid of the "country club" atmosphere that this team has, and trying to re-establish an identity of a team that out works their opposition for a full 60 minutes.

Not to say he is trying to throw a game to send a message, but he is taking drastic measures at this point to change the culture and identity of this team which should transpire in a more consistent play for the Flames down the stretch if all goes according to plan.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 06:23 PM
  #42
GoFlames
Registered User
 
GoFlames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,690
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Sutter has been this teams coach for a year and half now, and obviously he knows better than anyone that there is a fundamental problem with this team. I am in agreement with Sutter's coaching decision to reward more minutes to the 4th line. To me this says that he is not concerned with being short sighted to win "a" game, and that he is more concerned with the big picture in trying to motivate "key" players on the Flames, hence the recent benchings of certain players on the team.

I think alot of his moves he has done as of late have been done out of desparation in trying to get guys going. Like sending out 5 defenceman on the PP, benching key individuals, cutting peoples ice time, and calling out players in the media. What he is trying to accomplish is getting rid of the "country club" atmosphere that this team has, and trying to re-establish an identity of a team that out works their opposition for a full 60 minutes.

Not to say he is trying to throw a game to send a message, but he is taking drastic measures at this point to change the culture and identity of this team which should transpire in a more consistent play for the Flames down the stretch if all goes according to plan.
As much as that coach has been frustrating I agree with these moves. It exposes the dirty little secrets. One might be Glenner is not the team guy we all thought... egos seem overly bloated for a team that is losing

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:04 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.