HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chelios article (Sorta ,,, by our own Committed)

Old
12-19-2010, 03:14 PM
BlackHawkeye*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
**** the Red Wings, **** their fans, and **** the octopus. Why don't you go take part in the Chelios circle jerk on their board?
Exactly, if red wings fans think you are 'classy' you aren't trying hard enough.

BlackHawkeye* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 03:16 PM
MrSerious

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHawkeye View Post
Exactly, if red wings fans think you are 'classy' you aren't trying hard enough.
THANK YOU. Like I actually give a **** that people from that disgrace of a city think I'm classless.

MrSerious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 03:17 PM
67coach

Quote:
Dude you root for the team from Detroit. Literally THE worst place in the entire United States.
Dude, you are from Iowa.

Have you ever even been near Detroit or do you just rag on places cause othe idiots do?

67coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 03:21 PM
67coach

Quote:
**** the Red Wings, **** their fans, and **** the octopus. Why don't you go take part in the Chelios circle jerk on their board?
I would love to say that this is typical but unfortunately you and that Hawkeye moron are the only two that have resorted to using expletives.

You do know that studies show that lower levels of interlect use abusive language to try and win arguments........I guessing......Middle School, maybe 8th grade at best

67coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 03:28 PM
BlackHawkeye*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67coach View Post
I would love to say that this is typical but unfortunately you and that Hawkeye moron are the only two that have resorted to using expletives.

You do know that studies show that lower levels of interlect use abusive language to try and win arguments........I guessing......Middle School, maybe 8th grade at best

Quote:
You are a disgusting little man. You throw insults around like your S**T don't stink, you are the reason people outside of chicago hate the place.

BlackHawkeye* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 03:31 PM
MrSerious

Quote:

Wahhhhhhhh

Chelios and Red Wing fans don't deserve any better.

Old
12-19-2010, 03:34 PM
Flapjack*

Quote:
What part of Chelios had his best years as a Hawk dont you understand?

That is why he was honored here in this city?Such extreme hatred leads to heartburn.

Flapjack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 03:40 PM
Flapjack*

Quote:
To have a civil conversation?

Why is it so hard to accept that there are other teams with hardcore fans out there who you could actually learn a few things from?

Being a gentlemanly man of leisure, I enjoy a debate as much as anybody, but have had nothing but good times debating and arguing with Red Wing fans without the need to throw generic insults, and learned to appreciate some of the things they said.

You should try it.

Old
12-19-2010, 03:50 PM
AbeLincolnsGhost

Send a message via AIM to AbeLincolnsGhost
Quote:
THANK YOU. Like I actually give a **** that people from that disgrace of a city think I'm classless.
Man, *I* think you're lacking a lot of class. Much exacerbated by the fact that the longer this goes on the worse it gets.

AbeLincolnsGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 05:34 PM
JUICEY*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustache feeling View Post
Actually, the Red Wing fans have been nothing but classy to yours truly. Theres no need for this.

You serious? Or just stupid?

JUICEY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 05:41 PM
JUICEY*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustache feeling View Post
To have a civil conversation?

Why is it so hard to accept that there are other teams with hardcore fans out there who you could actually learn a few things from?

Being a gentlemanly man of leisure, I enjoy a debate as much as anybody, but have had nothing but good times debating and arguing with Red Wing fans without the need to throw generic insults, and learned to appreciate some of the things they said.

You should try it.
Are you talking about in real life or on this message board? On this message board they are the most stuck up, idiotic fans on this board. They act like they know it all just because they were lucky enough to have a great team over the years(most never dealt with the Dead Wings or they started following when they became good)

There is about 5 good posters out of 50 on that board and like 4 of them are Mods.

You haven't been around here long enough to understand. They were constantly trolling during the offseason, constantly trolling during the playoffs and constantly trolling during the regular season. "zomgg good luck winning anything with Huet or Niemi".
If you dealt with the crap Hawks fans dealt with this offseason than you would have no problem rubbing a win in their face. They act like a bunch pompous A-Holes.

It'll be fun when Detroit starts sucking in a few years and most of them disappear. It is hard to tell the hardcore ones from the bandwagoners when all they do is win every year. It won't last forever. They will have to deal with the same B.S. that us hardcore Hawks fans had to deal with.

JUICEY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 08:39 PM
MrSerious

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbeLincolnsGhost View Post
Man, *I* think you're lacking a lot of class. Much exacerbated by the fact that the longer this goes on the worse it gets.
Man, *I* don't care what you think.

Quote:
What part of Chelios had his best years as a Hawk dont you understand?

That is why he was honored here in this city?Such extreme hatred leads to heartburn.
Chelios had his best years with the Hawks then asked to be traded to Detroit. He then went and ruined the 75th anniversary team picture by wearing his Red Wings jersey. He is also an ******* to the fans.

Old
12-19-2010, 09:16 PM
brevard*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
So I went to Foxsports and to there NHL section and it has a link right to well known Hawk fan and HF poster CommittedIndians blog

http://network.yardbarker.com/nhl/ar...helios/3803275

I dont care for Chelios ,,, I wouldn't boo him but I dont think he deserves a night in his honor

Just thought it was a decent read and a nice props to Committed on the exposure

You could ask the Commie Indian for a comment but it's hard to speak with his lips stuck to McCubs ass cheek.

brevard* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 10:06 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

I have to side with Chicago fans on this. The 75th anniversary picture alone would seal it for me. Let alone the infamous Detroit trade. Of course, I've always thought of Chelios as a whiny little baby anyway.

Boo louder next time

ThirdManIn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 11:57 PM
AbeLincolnsGhost

Send a message via AIM to AbeLincolnsGhost
Quote:
Man, *I* don't care what you think.
I understand you don't give a **** what anyone thinks, but don't pretend you don't care just because someone is from Detroit. You don't care period.

Quote:
I have to side with Chicago fans on this. The 75th anniversary picture alone would seal it for me. Let alone the infamous Detroit trade. Of course, I've always thought of Chelios as a whiny little baby anyway.
And I, as a Hawks fan, think it was unreasonable to ask him to pose in that picture while he was still playing for the rival team. He shouldn't have been invited to be in it at all. Not because he isn't an important past member of the team, but because the timing was bad. And on the "Detroit Tirade", everyone here acts like they have never said something, and then changed their mind.

Last edited by AbeLincolnsGhost: 12-20-2010 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Removed parts to avoid larger confrontation.
AbeLincolnsGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 12:27 PM
heyfolks

I am a San Diego/Costa Rica resident, sorry about putting that 3 game comeback beating on your Cubs in 84.

Chelios also spent time here (SD). He played hard for the Hawks and the honor was for his play while in the jersy, nothing more or less. You folks loved him when he played, yet you despise him for "not sticking it out" over the tough times. What was the attendence over that course of time? Notice a trend anyone?

http://www.andrewsstarspage.com/inde...90/118-2008-09

It was a low-brow move to boo him, made worse by a horrible management decision to honor him when they played the Wings... why not when they played LA or Nashville, etc. (anyone but the Habs or Wings).

That said, Wing fans boo'd Fedorov so they have little room to talk.

Maybe all of us hockey fans are low-brow.

heyfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 07:21 PM
MrSerious

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyfolks View Post
Chelios also spent time here (SD). He played hard for the Hawks and the honor was for his play while in the jersy, nothing more or less. You folks loved him when he played, yet you despise him for "not sticking it out" over the tough times. What was the attendence over that course of time? Notice a trend anyone?
Who said the despise him for "not sticking it out" over tough times? The hate is because of his lack of effort during his last few years in Chicago followed by saying he would never play for Detroit, then demanding to be traded there. After the trade, his career is rejuvenated because he decides to start trying again. He was named to the 75th anniversary team, and he wears the Red Wings jersey in the picture, ruining it. People say "he was playing for the Red Wings, why would he wear the Hawks jersey?" When Doug Gilmour played for the Hawks, he wore a Leafs jersey in the ceremony for the last game at Maple Leaf Gardens. Chelios could also not have worn any jersey for the picture or not be in the picture at all.

Old
12-20-2010, 11:06 PM
Flapjack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUICEY View Post

You serious? Or just stupid?
Neither.

Do you actually take things written on a message board seriously?

Old
12-20-2010, 11:07 PM
Flapjack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUICEY View Post
Are you talking about in real life or on this message board? On this message board they are the most stuck up, idiotic fans on this board. They act like they know it all just because they were lucky enough to have a great team over the years(most never dealt with the Dead Wings or they started following when they became good)

There is about 5 good posters out of 50 on that board and like 4 of them are Mods.

You haven't been around here long enough to understand. They were constantly trolling during the offseason, constantly trolling during the playoffs and constantly trolling during the regular season. "zomgg good luck winning anything with Huet or Niemi".
If you dealt with the crap Hawks fans dealt with this offseason than you would have no problem rubbing a win in their face. They act like a bunch pompous A-Holes.

It'll be fun when Detroit starts sucking in a few years and most of them disappear. It is hard to tell the hardcore ones from the bandwagoners when all they do is win every year. It won't last forever. They will have to deal with the same B.S. that us hardcore Hawks fans had to deal with.
And guess what, you took the bait.

You trolled yourself. How does that make you feel instead of using your scroll wheel?

Old
12-21-2010, 10:59 AM
vegasvic

The way I remember Chelios leaving was that it was linked to the Brett Hull debacle. There was a lot of off season talk that he was coming to the Hawks. He was Cheli's best friend, it would have shown some commitment by management to get the franchise back on track, and of course it would have healed some old wounds with the past. Win/Win/Win. Of course, Wirtz and Pulford screwed the pooch and the whole thing fell through. I didn't blame Chelios for wanting to leave after that.

Regarding the photo, whatever the circumstance, he was a tool for wearing that jersey. He needed to show respect to the other guys in that picture

vegasvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 11:29 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
I remember the talk of Brett Hull coming here but as I remember it he went to Dallas because they had a better chance to win. We were a lot more than one player away from even being a contender. It would have taken Hull and Gilmour just to lock up a semi-decent playoff spot. Obviously they wouldn't have paid all of that money. That team was all Hackett, Amonte and Daze. It's amazing how great Amonte and Hackett were during that time, amonng the leagues best at their positions but still not even close to being enough for the team to contend.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 10:52 AM
Teemu

http://redwings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=547149

Teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 12:22 PM
MrSerious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemu View Post
Of course they're gonna stick up for him, he's one of their own.

Old
12-24-2010, 12:48 PM
Teemu

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/8185351/

Genius

Teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 02:38 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'