HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mario on a different Team?

Closed Thread

Old
06-11-2005, 01:00 AM
andora

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to andora
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Saku Koivu MTL
It's so tough to predict who will win the cup now, I mean Kariya and Selanne went to Colorado to win the cup and it's Calgary who end up in the finals. What I meant was that Mario won't go to a team that are necessarely the Favorite like TB or NJ or COL, he would go to the team he would feel the most conforteble with and of course like every other players, try to win. You guys seems to right off Montreal really fast. I know that if I get started I will start a fight but Montreal beat Boston twice in there last two apperences in playoff when Boston were largely favorite and got beat by Carolina(went to finals) and TB(won the cup) in those years. With Bonk coming and Theodore in nets, Montreal can beat anyone in the league just has much has they can get beat by anyone(except by Boston ). Montreal is a young up and coming team with solid veteran, and with Kovalev possibly around.......and Crosby .
boston were favorites to win what? the cup? or those series?.. because if you say cup that is far from true, boston were major pretenders each of those years, favorites in those series maybe, not for the cup

Old
06-11-2005, 06:19 AM
Attica

Send a message via MSN to Attica
If he goes anywhere, it will be west, to a contender, with an etrenched core, and will be looking for second line minutes. He wouldn't be part of a core, as he'd be gone in a year or two. Teams that come to mind, Colorado(not possible due to salary problems there already) Vancouver (no room for 2nd line center), Dallas (too american), detroit(who knows).

Chances are he stays where he is.

Old
06-11-2005, 06:46 AM
arnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2agingmonk
Lemieux was only a floater during the time that he was fragile and injured. An 100% healthy Lemieux ( which apparently he is now ) isn't bad defensively.. nowhere near it.

Last time we saw Lemieux? World Cup. He was healthy, forecheck, backchecking, throwing hits, breaking up passes. Even if he doesn't do that stuff he'd still be better defensively than guys like Naslund/Bertuzzi, and I'm sure the Sens wouldn't hesitate to take either of them.

Lemieux isn't a floater.
You dsimply don't know what you are talking about.

Old
06-11-2005, 06:48 AM
arnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2agingmonk
Lemieux was only a floater during the time that he was fragile and injured. An 100% healthy Lemieux ( which apparently he is now ) isn't bad defensively.. nowhere near it.

Last time we saw Lemieux? World Cup. He was healthy, forecheck, backchecking, throwing hits, breaking up passes. Even if he doesn't do that stuff he'd still be better defensively than guys like Naslund/Bertuzzi, and I'm sure the Sens wouldn't hesitate to take either of them.

Lemieux isn't a floater.
Yeah, he'll do that for about 5 games in the playoffs, etc. But people like you don't see him game in and game out during the season. He's a complete floater and he never met an empty net goal he didn't like. During the season, all he casres about is his point total.

Old
06-11-2005, 06:58 AM
arnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig1
What the????? Arnie, give up your hatred. We all know you are a Lemieux hater/Pens antagonist. You have been since you first joined this board.
Any antipathy I have is not toward the Pens but rather toward the childish Penguins fans who pucker up to rump. Mario is a very serlfish man. In other words, he is just like everyone else. That's fine. But the silly naive Penguin fans who pucker up to his rear, well that's another story. .

Old
06-11-2005, 09:07 AM
Robert Paulson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnie
But the silly naive Penguin fans who pucker up to his rear, well that's another story. .
Why do these naive fans do this? Which fans are you pointing to? We need some examples.

Old
06-12-2005, 01:29 AM
clefty
What?

Quote:
You dsimply don't know what you are talking about.
The height of irony.

Old
06-12-2005, 06:01 AM
arnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by clefty
The height of irony.
The legion of people who have no respect for you grows daly.

Old
06-12-2005, 06:08 AM
arnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by futurcorerock
Mario wouldn't care about money -- He's taken pay cuts to keep the Pens afloat.

Lemieux to the Canadiens for $3.50
Lemieux not care about money? Boy are you naive. He'd still be out golfing if his $30 million dollars hadn't been at risk with the Pens going bankrupt. When he retired, he did not so much as show up at the arena once or make one public appearance for 3 years. That's what he cares about hockey. Then the Pens go bankrupt and his money stated swirlinmg down he toilet bowl. He then comes up with some BS excuse about wanting his son to see him play and returns. You believe that, I've got a bridge that I can sell you cheap.

If you want to learn about Mario, try reading Martin Lawrence's book about him. You'll learn what he is really about.

Old
06-12-2005, 11:58 AM
Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Quote:
Why, do you have multiple personalities?

Old
06-12-2005, 02:22 PM
SENSfreak_03

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGuy
Lemieux - Spezza - Hossa...

**drools**

I figure he'd just retire if he couldn't play for Pittsburgh.
if mario ended up on the sens, i'd likely die. but i think i'll be living just fine. as fun as it is to dream, if the pens move, i also think he'll just hang him up. just cant picture him in any other nhl uniform.

Old
06-12-2005, 08:20 PM
clefty
What?

Quote:
More irony. You consider yourself a legion, do you?

I can sleep well at night knowing I have more people that will respect my opinion than you ever will. You're nothing but a gimmick.

Old
06-14-2005, 11:10 PM
Mat

Send a message via AIM to Mat Send a message via MSN to Mat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back Bucky
I think you're being overly optimistic about the power of childhood dreams. If Mario doesn't play for the Pens he's going to want to play to win and I just don't think Montreal is a realistic place to do that right now...

montreal is a playoff contending team. with him and kovalev in the mix, i wouldnt write off the canadiens just yet, especially if theodore puts up a vezina-like performance. also add in ryder.

of course, this is all hypothetical

Old
06-15-2005, 01:16 AM
The Produce Man
Master of Puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attica
If he goes anywhere, it will be west, to a contender, with an etrenched core, and will be looking for second line minutes. He wouldn't be part of a core, as he'd be gone in a year or two. Teams that come to mind, Colorado(not possible due to salary problems there already) Vancouver (no room for 2nd line center), Dallas (too american), detroit(who knows).

Chances are he stays where he is.
Naslund - Lemieux - Bertuzzi

That line would get slaughtered in their own end, if the other team can get the puck.

Old
06-15-2005, 11:06 AM
petrskudra1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Canuck 19
Naslund - Lemieux - Bertuzzi

That line would get slaughtered in their own end, if the other team can get the puck.

I disagree Mario is known to come back and play some D, I would just be more worried about Mario staying on the ice and off the injury list.

Old
06-15-2005, 05:10 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 1000
Given Mario is only good for about 5-20 games a year, he'd want to be playing on per game contract or he could cause massive damage to a teams cap.

Old
06-16-2005, 11:24 AM
Habsaku

Quote:
Not this again. Montreal is the very last place he would be willing to play. The man absolutetely hates publicity and scrutintuy and guards his privacy. He would never be be willing to expose himself to the Montreal media. Never.

I have to agree with this but with reserve. There are two common media reactions here; The one where someone gets blasted whatever they do, and the other one where someone is like the reincarnation of Jesus(Mike Ribeiro, Jose Theodore). Mario Lemieux would be in that group no doubt, just like Lecavalier is without even playing here. They would probably treat him like a god.

Closed Thread