HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings HAMMER Preds, 6-1 - let's talk about it ...

Old
12-19-2010, 01:25 PM
scramble91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by R0CKET View Post
Tonight is THE big test.

It was a fine game they put in against the Preds, but now they have to forget all of that and step to the front of the line to see how they measure up against the Champs.

Back-to back with the 2nd game in Chi-town and talk that Kane might make his return.

As good as last night was (and it was VERY GOOD), how we talk about this tomorrow will be way more important in my book.

It should give as a pretty decent read on where this team is at.
I dont agree when people say chicago is a test. If we are considered contenders, then this should be a win. Chicago is decimated with injuries missing 2 of their best players, shaky Goaltending, and some poor D.

scramble91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 01:31 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by scramble91 View Post
I dont agree when people say chicago is a test. If we are considered contenders, then this should be a win. Chicago is decimated with injuries missing 2 of their best players, shaky Goaltending, and some poor D.
You could say the same thing about the Kings on Thursday.

Chicago still has Sharp and he is the one the Kings have trouble with.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 02:04 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scramble91 View Post
Doesnt matter if a team is decimated by injuries. The game against the Blues show how anything can happen.

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 02:17 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucknut50 View Post
Now all they have do is start the backup goalie and were toast.
Read my mind!

Very nice execution last night; hope they can keep it up tonight against the Hawks. 15 goals in 3 games by our boys is shocking and awesome...it looks like they're really starting to gel offensively, and the offense from the D might be coming around?

I hope Ponikarovsky sticks around for a few years...maybe DL can convince him to accept his 'checking' role and take a discount?

I admit I never thought Lewis would have an impact, but he seems to get stronger every game. Cheers to him.

I know we might not have any 'gamebreakers,' but good god, do we have a lot of depth right now.

Brad Doty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 02:34 PM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme1995 View Post
Doesnt matter if a team is decimated by injuries. The game against the Blues show how anything can happen.
Hell, the last 3 games have shown that anything can happen.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 04:03 PM
Kingurentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Ponikarovsky had a hell of a game.
Not sure if it was a legit change or a demotion to 4th line but he answered solid.

Poni signing was a great decision.

Kingurentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 04:17 PM
Vic Vinegar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
I know we might not have any 'gamebreakers,' but good god, do we have a lot of depth right now.
Exactly, and depth is what's important in the playoffs.

Vic Vinegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 05:04 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentfouser View Post
Well, I guess in some sense it comes down to how long one regards the chain of contingent events to be. I don't see any reason for it not to last the whole period, since the beginning of the period is the only time at which there is a guaranteed event to begin play. So I look at the first period where Williams scores 15 seconds in, and I would argue that without that goal, the chain of events following would have been completely different, and that we would have no reason to think that period one would end 3-1 without it following the actual chain of events that it did.

However, you raise a good point, that the Kings' goals tonight were for the most part the result of good execution. And in that sense, we have no reason outside the psychological impact of the team's play to assume that their execution would not have been good in any case. Clearly, they came to play tonight. So, I wouldn't say it was impossible for the Kings to have scored without Bernier's saves, only that it would have been impossible for them to score the particular goals that they did. It would indeed have been a different game.

I certainly agree, however, that the Kings executed well tonight. I can also agree that the quality of execution of the forwards at least seems to be relatively independent of the level of execution of Bernier, at least outside psychological impacts of team successes or failures. And I would definitely agree that there was a healthy dose of luck tonight.

What I would really like to see right now is a regression analysis to see just how independent the performance of forwards and goaltenders actually is. Do a team's forwards perform better when their goaltender is making more saves? Does a goaltender tend to make more saves when his or her forwards are scoring a lot of goals? This is well beyond my statistical skills, but maybe some statistics grad student needs a research topic and will stumble across this post.
Paging Chruceg!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme1995 View Post
Abso-f'in-lutely. I don't care if the other team's roster is filled with old ladies leaning on their walkers. The second you look at the other roster and discount the skill they have, you've already placed yourself in the WRONG mental frame to win and be competitive. St. Louis the other night is a classic example of taking an opponent too lightly becasue all their stars are out of action. We are playing the Stanley Cup champs tonight and we'd better be ready for that kind of a game.

Lets hope they start out like they are playing Nashville again.

Go KINGS GO

Go KINGS GO

Go KINGS GO

Go KINGS GO

Go KINGS GO

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 05:24 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I have allot of fun reading all the Westy reports and opinions. I may be or have been strong on my position that he is more than just a cement head (not that there is anything wrong with that per se) but when given the time and support he can provide more than just as a protector/fighter.

I am not saying that he is a second or even third liner really, just that he has more ability than what we have seen from our thug players over the past several years and I think that in time (a season or two) that we will see KW produce in the 20 point per season range (give or take 5 points or so).

I also think that it is alright that he lose a fight every now and then, it will help him develop his technique and also harden his shell some. It takes a little bit for some fighters to adapt to this level in the same way that it does some scorer's.

Good for Westy though.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote