Closed Thread

Old
12-19-2010, 07:59 AM
Sabreality

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nnynetpotato View Post
I think the bold nails it.

And if he won't change his game,then he has to change his sweater.
i dont think shooting is the issue with Bergie, Rammer spent a good deal of time in the presser talking about taking shots, getting the puck to the net...so i dont think thats the issue...Coach wants all of his players to work hard at the overall game...checkers score, scorers check..Bergie, while maybe he 'tries' hard, just isnt a very good battler, add that to his defensive shortcomings and i can see why Rammer doesnt see a 'fit' here.

and i'd say the reason they only had 24 shots is because of the lead they had.

Old
12-19-2010, 09:45 AM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

[QUOTE=AtlantaSportsFan;29659880]I want Filatov. Throw in like Klingberg too, we wouldn't need him.

Bergfors + Klingberg for Filatov.[Quote]

You were in lust for Filatov since before his draft year. He is the perfect KHL freeloader. He sucks as an NHL'er. He has 2 goals in his last 36 NHL games. Yippee. Give me more of that, please. In fact, we had that with Brett Sterling.

I'd rather take a flyer on Blake Wheeler than Filatov.

I actually don't mind Modin with Burmistrov. Give them time to reaquaint. He had 4 goals early on with him. Then he went out hurt. I know he's long-term useless, but until the trade deadline or something else can get done with Bergfors, I'd rather have Modin out there instead of Eager.

Stapleton is the speedy wing that will work a 2-way game with Burmi eventually. Stewart started slowly too and has fit right in. Same will be with Stapleton. He's smart.

Old
12-19-2010, 09:55 AM
StevenintheATL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluelander View Post
Oh my god...I want Iggy here now. Even though it will never happen.
It was rumored to have almost happened prior to Heatley getting traded to Ottawa, but a deal couldn't be reached.

I would I be correct in guessing that the only real options the Thrashers have in regards to Bergfors are to trade him or to continue to scratch him, as they cannot send him to the Wolves without risking him being picked up on a waiver claim (I know the Preds hated losing Peverley in that manner.)?

Old
12-19-2010, 09:59 AM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

Would be interesting to watch the Wolves and see if Cormier is playing any at the wing. That's my guess for the future this season at least until the trade deadline....

Old
12-19-2010, 11:09 AM
The Sneak

A note to consider for all prospective trade proposals. Nic Bergfors is only 23, under team control for many years, and scored over 20 goals between NJ and ATL last season.

Please keep your overaged, pending UFAs, and grinders to yourself. If I see one more Pascal Dupuis for Bergfors proposals I'll puke.

If you want Bergfors you're going to have to pony up value.

Old
12-19-2010, 11:20 AM
Sabreality

i actually think Dupuis would be a nice piece on this team, i'd love to see him with Burmi and think he's an ideal fit for Rammers system

they could always re-sign him, its not like Pascal will break the bank, and he was well liked here the 1st time around.

theyre all just proposals anyways...thinking they could get a Staal type is ridiculous though, i kinda think Bergie is overrated around here...he's more MacArthur/Wheeler than he is Hornqvist/Dubinsky as far as impacts go imo.

Old
12-19-2010, 11:27 AM
The Sneak

I'm not talking about Dupuis from a system standpoint. I'm talking about asset management. You have a kid thats already put up 20 and under team control for 4 years and you'll give that away for a guy that will be unrestricted at the end of the year?

We're not a Pascal Dupuis away from winning the Cup. If you're going to give away a young piece you better get comparable back.

Old
12-19-2010, 11:48 AM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

I still say try to get a 2nd or 3rd for him.

I wonder, could we get something from Detroit's farm for him?
I'm not sure I'd want Staal from Pittsburgh after all his injury trouble this year.

Would like to know our record with Bergfors in the lineup.....so what that he has 17 points? did the matter? We had a guy that scored 300 goals with us and that didn't work out.

Old
12-19-2010, 11:52 AM
Thrashers94
We fly as one

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrasherMinion View Post
I still say try to get a 2nd or 3rd for him.

I wonder, could we get something from Detroit's farm for him?
I'm not sure I'd want Staal from Pittsburgh after all his injury trouble this year.

Would like to know our record with Bergfors in the lineup.....so what that he has 17 points? did the matter? We had a guy that scored 300 goals with us and that didn't work out.
I bet we could get Tatar from the Wings for him.

Old
12-19-2010, 11:53 AM
Shameus

There are a couple of interesting thoughts about Bergie being for sale to the highest bidder.

1) I understand that no one wants a free agent to be brought in, but we have the cap space to absorb one right now.

2) Any player brought in has to fit the system and style that Ramsey has implemented. Kane is not great defensively but he hits and fights for pucks in the corner. Little doesn't fight for pucks in the corner as much, but he will hit and is sound defensively. Seeing a pattern?

3) I think that Cormier, Klingberg, and possibly Machacek will all make the team next year. I think Eager and Modin are gone after this year. And while I am not a big fan of this move, both Bolton and Thorburn are UFA after this season and I think the team resigns Thorburn before Bolts. Bolts maybe kept up in the press box, but I think the team may also be leery about bringing anyone in who may block one of the youngsters next season.

4) Adding a Lagenbrunner type to help this team in the playoffs is a needed move. I am not saying we will get him, but I could see Bergie being moved for a veteran and a pick before being moved for a younger player.

Old
12-19-2010, 11:54 AM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashers94 View Post
I bet we could get Tatar from the Wings for him.
That would be awesome in Atlanta! We could nickname him "Tatar Salad"

Ron White reference....

Old
12-19-2010, 11:58 AM
Sabreality

i agree with most of that Shameus..a system fit vet + pick isnt a bad thing

Old
12-19-2010, 12:50 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabreality View Post
i agree with most of that Shameus..a system fit vet + pick isnt a bad thing
+2

Playoffs NOW.

It won't set the franchise back like the Coburn move because we have our stock of youth.

Old
12-19-2010, 02:09 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Dupuis... BLOWS.
Wheeler... BLOWS.
Boyes... BLOWS.

Give me Filatov. A 40 goal potential. Steal of the century. Won't happen though we would prob have to add Bogosian + prospects and picks.

Therefore I'd try to get Wolski or someone else that could benefit with a change of scenery and turn into a top notch goal scorer. I'd also consider Mihalek. He's 6'2 225, he should "fit" the system.

Sorry, i want nothing to do with old retirement home vets that should be watching from home or playing in the khl old man league. There are no vets avail that are good anyway.

Last edited by John Cena*: 12-19-2010 at 02:16 PM.
Old
12-19-2010, 04:03 PM
Shameus

*You want Filitov who has 13 career points in his career over 3 seasons.
*Who averages under 10 mins a game in his career.
*Who just got sent down the the AHL again.
*Who has not earned playing time under 2 different coaches.
*And has never played 50 games in any league or leagues combined in any professional year.
*And has a reported attitude problem or at least his "handlers" don't leave a good taste in people's mouths.

I don't see Dudley or Ramsey signing off on adding him to this roster.
Who's place is he going to take in the Top 6? Stewart and his 20 pts? Antro? Little? Flitov is not a grinder, he can not handle bottom 6 duties and plays less of the style that Ramsey likes than Bergie does. You can pine for this all you want, but I'll bet you your avatars he'll never plays or is considered for this franchise.

Old
12-19-2010, 05:16 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Considering he's now ended up in the doghouse for two different teams already, I don't see us getting a huge return. I think we would need to package him with a pick and/or a prospect for a top-6.

Old
12-19-2010, 05:21 PM
Telfo
THRASHERS

i think a trade for a player that has had success in past and has struggled like Setoguchi or Boyes would be best

keep the team young and get a big upside. personally i would shoot for Setoguchi

Old
12-19-2010, 09:07 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

I see a deal similar to the one that sent Ladd away from the Canes, Ladd for Tuomo Ruutu was a maligned young forward for maligned young forward deal.

I would love to get Blake Comeau from the Islanders. He seems like a Dudley/Ramsay kind of player.

Old
12-20-2010, 12:46 AM
Chasbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan View Post
Would love Versteeg too.

Am also a fan of Dave Bollard. He hasn't had a great season thus far but was a beast in the playoffs. Still young too.
Bolland and Ladd are a deadly combo. Smart 2-way players, can play skilled or nasty. Ask the Sedins, Thornton and Marleau. Hawks will not do this deal.

Old
12-20-2010, 01:35 PM
SilverRiver89

vCash: 1365
I guess this is the Bergfors thread?

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-thrashe...althy-scratch/

Quote:
Bergfors said Thrashers coaches have not told him the reason he has been out of the lineup.

“They haven’t said anything,” Bergfors said. “I know I haven’t played my best hockey. I’m trying to focus to do my best and do the small details and everything that will help the team win the game. That’s what I’m trying to accomplish my next chance.”
Interesting

Old
12-20-2010, 01:46 PM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRiver89 View Post
I guess this is the Bergfors thread?

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-thrashe...althy-scratch/

Interesting
Perhaps the kid needs tough love to grasp the system?

Before anyone says anything contrary to this, Bergfors has NOT really been playing the system. He goes through the motions on the ice, but he's not passionate about it, like the other guys are.

Don't believe me? Why else would you sit a productive player like him? He's either getting moved, or getting sent a message. We can ill afford a weak link to get in the way of progress, even if that weak link is productive on-ice.

Old
12-20-2010, 01:52 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

His days are numbered in this city.

Old
12-20-2010, 02:01 PM
The Sneak

doesn't pass the sniff test. This coaching staff appears very interactive on the bench as well as in the press. I find it pretty illogical that if this staff has a problem with a player that they have not let this be known.

That said. Ramsay has not directly come clean on the Bergfors "situation" in the media. Bergfors' statement, along with Ramsay's eluding the question in pressers, may be their way of keeping family business in house......which I have no problem with.

Old
12-20-2010, 02:12 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

nothing happens until the 27th. Holiday trade freeze is underway.

Old
12-20-2010, 02:21 PM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sneak View Post
doesn't pass the sniff test. This coaching staff appears very interactive on the bench as well as in the press. I find it pretty illogical that if this staff has a problem with a player that they have not let this be known.

That said. Ramsay has not directly come clean on the Bergfors "situation" in the media. Bergfors' statement, along with Ramsay's eluding the question in pressers, may be their way of keeping family business in house......which I have no problem with.
That's part of what I'm alluding to.

But the other part is his execution of the system. Go back and watch him play in those games prior. You'll see what I mean.

I love the kid, and think he has great potential, but I honestly believe he's not "getting it." Hence why he's sitting.

Closed Thread