HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ducks @ Canes 12/18/10

Old
12-19-2010, 03:31 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

vCash: 500
I'll have your tickets there, remind me via PM though LOL...

Sasha Cares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 08:27 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
The crowd was pretty apathetic all night prior to the final few minutes of the game when it inexplicably picked up to fever pitch. I think it was all those $1 hotdogs that put everybody into a daze. Plus it was one of those family night deals, so you see a lot of folks with the kids and whatnot and not as drunk and disorderly as usual.
I think it's even simpler to explain. Between Staal's third goal and the Corvo penalty, it was a boring whistle-filled game with very little to get loud about.

Quote:
But when those calls were made and the music, which essentially amounted to a cue to the fans, started up.... the place lit up like a festivus tree. I was glad to be a part of it.
Me too... and the best part was it was completely natural and spontaneous.

Personally I don't hold Corvo's reaction against him, but the timing was inexcusable. Even without the follow-up penalties he might have cut the lead to 1 with them pressing. To that point Cam had stopped something like 37 of 38 and was holding a lead. Blowing that lead would have been crushing You just don't do that to your goalie and your team.

tarheelhockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 08:47 PM
geehaad

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
Between Staal's third goal and the Corvo penalty, it was a boring whistle-filled game with very little to get loud about.
Especially the first 8:30 or so of the 3rd. Did the Canes ever get it out of their own end without it being an icing?

geehaad is offline   Reply With Quote