HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Horrible way to start the road trip.

Old
12-19-2010, 09:48 PM
HCH

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Seriously, I don't get why the kid gets benched everytime we are trailing even if he's having a great game. Ok, he can bench AK because he had a bad game but why Eller? He's intense and good along the boards but because we are trailing, he sits for the last 10-12 min of the game.
I have often wondered that myself.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 09:48 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysonlu View Post
I don't recall the last time the Habs managed to burry one in during a scramble around the net. They never seem to get the rebounds.
Thats usually cause of the lack of big man with good hands in Montreals lineup. Gionta goes to the net but has to fight so hard to get and stay there and really not many others do that. Darche goes to the net but really doesn't have the hands. Its just not the type of team they have built for 15 years now.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 09:49 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
Eller had a amazing game.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 09:50 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CammerScores View Post
I was wondering what was happening between Darche and Anderson at the end of the game there. Anderson got a slashing penalty at 20:00 so I guess he took a shot at Darche as the game wound down.

Just the fact that Darche is out there at that critical moment says everything about the Habs. I love Darche. He works hard and is a good 3rd to 4th liner. He gives us size on the wings and always drives to the net.

But, when he's your best option in front late in the game...

AK no where in sight of course, or Pouliot, or Patches.
They aren't there as they don't go to the net and take the abuse like Darche is willing to do to stay in the line up.

Patches will get the nod eventually, but as a perimeter player right now he doesn't fit in when you have Gomez, Gionta, Plekanec and Cammalleri all on the outside as well.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 09:50 PM
mvp76

P.K needs a veteran D to back him up..he is an offensive dynamo and needs someone to back him up because he will make some mistakes..not another inexperienced player

mvp76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 09:51 PM
LesCanadiens

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
Habs are completely healthy. The Avs are without some pretty damn good players.

We're just a mid pack team with a good goalie.
That`s like saying the Stanley Cup winning Devils teams were a mid pack team with a good goalie. Freakin`goalie is PART of the team, dummkopf!

That goalie cost us a 5th overall pick, he better be freakin`winning games for us!!!!!!!!

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Zaide
I'm a renegade

vCash: 152
After that end of the game, if I hear one of my friends saying the habs are lucky as hell ("plein d'marde", to quote him), dunno what I do.

Zaide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Better forechecking won this game and the Avs are a much more aggressive team. Though the 3rd goal was a good bounce for us off a bad rebound by Price.

The Avs got 3 breaks on that one play which resulted on their 3rd goal.. First the puck went off the linesman which supposedly kept the puck in.. Secondly the play certainly looked offside to me and the linesman missed it but I didn't see a reply.. Thirdly the lucky bounce off the Avs player crashing the net..

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 09:52 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvp76 View Post
P.K needs a veteran D to back him up..he is an offensive dynamo and needs someone to back him up because he will make some mistakes..not another inexperienced player
That is where a Regehr would really compliment his game as he is a stay at home guy who is responsible in his zone and a S.O.B. to play against too.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 09:52 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
The Avs got 3 breaks on that one play which resulted on their 3rd goal.. First the puck went off the linesman which supposedly kept the puck in.. Secondly the play certainly looked offside to me and the linesman missed it but I didn't see a reply.. Thirdly the lucky bounce off the Avs player crashing the net..
Don Cherry always says crash the net and cover the points.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 09:53 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvp76 View Post
That's why he was (finally) paired with Gill in the 3rd. Picard played with Gorges. I hope JM will stick with these combos for future games. Or, replace Picard with Weber.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
Thats usually cause of the lack of big man with good hands in Montreals lineup. Gionta goes to the net but has to fight so hard to get and stay there and really not many others do that. Darche goes to the net but really doesn't have the hands. Its just not the type of team they have built for 15 years now.
Patches made a nice feed to Gionta with about two minutes left but big G missed the puck and he had an open net.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KristoLeblanc*

Eller is so slick with the puck, great puck control around 2-3 guys, he can keeps the puck on his stick, forecheck, put the pressure to retain the puck and poof he gets benched by our stupid coach JM.

At the end, while using 6 forwards, you don't want a 6"2 feet tall player with great puck control, nope, you want your plumber Darche.

So sick of JM line management.

KristoLeblanc* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
habtastic

As good as Darche is and as great of a team player he is, Brunet was pimping him way too much. Why not put Pouliot there, or Eller. It's the end of the game, you need someone who will be able to tap it in on the play we kept trying and whiffing on. Darche was great, but we need to convert those.

Overall a pretty good game by the team, the passing was extremely good, particularly in the first. They used it well to get up the ice.

Missed chances - story of the game

I haven't read the other posts yet, but WTF is with PK and his horrible lazy clearances that lead directly to goals. The winning goal could easily have been prevented. If he had scored to make up for it, then fine, it balances out, but wow, it's like he's just not listening. Those kind of plays are not even mistakes he's forced to make, they're just lazy. Get rid of that and he's so much better a player.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 09:58 PM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
I guess Markov as been forgotten already huh..
We have 1 injury. Why don't you look at the injuries they have.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 09:59 PM
sheed36

Terrible 2nd periods night in night out and stupid late period penalties resulting in late period momentum changing goals is the major problem with the Habs team this year.. It as almost become a nightly occurrence now and expected every game..

Old
Souvenirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesCanadiens View Post
That`s like saying the Stanley Cup winning Devils teams were a mid pack team with a good goalie. Freakin`goalie is PART of the team, dummkopf!

That goalie cost us a 5th overall pick, he better be freakin`winning games for us!!!!!!!!
He was in nets for 95% of our wins, I guess he could contribute more though.

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MarkovsKnee

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
They aren't there as they don't go to the net and take the abuse like Darche is willing to do to stay in the line up.

Patches will get the nod eventually, but as a perimeter player right now he doesn't fit in when you have Gomez, Gionta, Plekanec and Cammalleri all on the outside as well.
That was kind of my point. My belief is a team is only as strong as its weakest link. Defensively, Picard is a major weak link. We get an upgrade there it makes us that much stronger of a team. The amount of goals he's been on the ice for the last 5 game is getting ugly.

We also need someone better than Darche out there in these critical offensive moments. We don't have that guy either. Pouliot should be able to do it. AK too. Maybe Patches. But someone needs to step up and take that job away from Darche.

The work ethic is there. But, we are missing Markov and the 25 minutes a night he plays.

MarkovsKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 10:00 PM
Souvenirs

Quote:
Still doesn't erase the fact that we're not all healthy and in fact missing our top dman.

Old
12-19-2010, 10:01 PM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesCanadiens View Post

The Devils had a great defensive system in addition to a great goalie. They also had an opportunistic offense. They weren't allowing 35 shots a game and hanging on for dear life.

Brodeur wasn't being relied on to win every game he played. He also had many wins where he faced 15 shots a game.

Old
12-19-2010, 10:02 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Well by my count having 1 injury to your best defenseman is NOT completely healthy now is it..

Old
12-19-2010, 10:03 PM
BigHabs

I like how people start to panic last time I checked we are still 19-12-2 = 40 points, only 2 points out of 2nd and 9 out of first. The capitals seemed to be in worse crap then us. They got a win tonight, but how come you don't see them hitting the panic button.

We have a much harder working team than the Capitals in my opinion. You want to whine about team going 1-4 in their last 5, go talk to the caps and see if they think their season is over, or better yet, ask our hard working Habs to see if this season is going down the crapper. Give me a break.

The has a glaring weakness, that we do need a top4 dman. Pacioretty has come together to form a good second line. So I don't see us looking for something for the top 6 anymore for now.

Kostitsyn, I just think this guy is eventually going to need a change of scenery. Hot start, now he looks invisible. He looks at times like he is putting in the work, then nothing almost on a consistant basis. He had the one good chance tonight and got poke checked, but for the rest of the night, he was no where to be seen.

Now that I think of it we might need a top 6 as well. Its funny we find a solution to our #2 line with Pacioretty, looking within the org. Now we have a problem on the top line. Cammalleri and Plekanecs have been fine, they now need a new winger, not someone who is going up and down in the lineup.

If we would look at a lock for top6 like a Boyes or something from St.Louis and a top 4 dman, shutdown preferably. Fistric from Dallas I seen on the trade board would be an amazing option.

We would be looking at a decent lineup.

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 10:06 PM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvenirs View Post
Still doesn't erase the fact that we're not all healthy and in fact missing our top dman.
We're missing 1 player. We're pretty damn healthy

Old
12-19-2010, 10:07 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
PK pre benching: On the ice for 10 goals against in 25 games, +5
PK post benching: On the ice for 10 goals against in 5 games, -6

ouch.
To be fair, his partners didn't look all that better.

Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 10:07 PM
Souvenirs

Quote:
We're missing 1 player. We're pretty damn healthy
It's not Jay Leach.It's Andrei Markov.