HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto - Washington

Old
12-19-2010, 03:16 PM
TML4L

vCash: 500
Toronto - Washington

I would like to get some non-biased, honest, not ridiculous opinions on this. Seeing as how Washington has been struggling defensively lately, how much interest would Washington have in a player like Komisarek? Before people jump on me with dumb comments I'm not expecting a return of a guy like Ovi or Backstrom or even Semin, but maybe along the lines of Komi for Laich but obviously with some add ons from both or either side.

Any Caps fans interested in a player like Komi? If so what would you find reasonable as a trade?

TML4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 03:17 PM
Pulp Fiction
RIP Wade Belak

Wilson for Boudreau

Pulp Fiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 03:19 PM
TML4L

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezzie11 View Post
Wilson for Boudreau
HA! I'm not even sure which team is getting off worse here lol

TML4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 03:20 PM
third man in

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML4L View Post
I would like to get some non-biased, honest, not ridiculous opinions on this. Seeing as how Washington has been struggling defensively lately, how much interest would Washington have in a player like Komisarek? Before people jump on me with dumb comments I'm not expecting a return of a guy like Ovi or Backstrom or even Semin, but maybe along the lines of Komi for Laich but obviously with some add ons from both or either side.

Any Caps fans interested in a player like Komi? If so what would you find reasonable as a trade?
No interest whatsoever

third man in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 03:20 PM
R0bert0 Lu0ng0

The Caps just picked up Hannan, I doubt they want to spend assets and cap space on another one-way defenseman. Especially one who has struggled to live up to his contract (which of course has several years remaining).

Furthermore, I think their problem is just as much a lack of depth down the middle as anything else and trading Laich does zero to improve that.

R0bert0 Lu0ng0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 03:21 PM
Blaylock38
Bleeds Blue & White

Quote:

I don't see Wash trading for Komi, simply because they acquired Hannan. I like Hannan's game, I hope he can fit in there because he could be a force defensively.

Plus Hannan's deal is expiring which allows Washington some flexibility cap wise, and could resign him if they feel he fits in nice.

Blaylock38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 03:24 PM
seanlinden

Absolutely none. The Caps picked up Hannan, and look at the results since. 2-6-2 in their last 10 games. The Hannan trade was an adjustment they needed to make if they wanted to have any shot at success in the playoffs, now they just need to adapt their style of play to his game. The last thing they need is another 1-way defenceman. Thier blueline should be fine with Green, Schultz, Hannan, Poti, Carlson & Alzner.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 05:00 PM
Flutie Flakes

Quote:

why just washington?? but if TOR really wants to trade Komi, they would have to probably package him with a second or a prospect in order for teams to have any interest in looking at that contract...

Unless TOR can somehow convince a small market team to take on salary, not likely IMO

Flutie Flakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 05:18 PM
Carlton Orr*

Why would other teams want Komi, other teams scouts have been watching Toronto games and seen that he has been horrible, they aren't going to want him.

Carlton Orr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 05:32 PM
Tony Clifton Leaf
A Mouthful

vCash: 50
This guys contract is worse than Finger's it's that terrible. Finger could at least make a solid tape-to-tape pass if there was no pressure on him. Komisarek has less hockey sense, and less passing ability than Colton Orr. Komisarek is by far the worst defenseman on our team (Although Lebda's been making a case for himself recently), and the leafs would be lucky to get anything for him. IMO the leafs need to do this deal:

To Leafs:

Capspace + Simon Gysbers/Carl Gunnarson/Keith Aulie/Juraj Mikus/Matt Lashoff

To Marlies:

Mike Komisarek

Tony Clifton Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 07:36 PM
Chungo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleLeaf View Post
This guys contract is worse than Finger's it's that terrible. Finger could at least make a solid tape-to-tape pass if there was no pressure on him. Komisarek has less hockey sense, and less passing ability than Colton Orr. Komisarek is by far the worst defenseman on our team (Although Lebda's been making a case for himself recently), and the leafs would be lucky to get anything for him. IMO the leafs need to do this deal:

To Leafs:

Capspace + Simon Gysbers/Carl Gunnarson/Keith Aulie/Juraj Mikus/Matt Lashoff

To Marlies:

Mike Komisarek
Done!....But seriously they were winning when they had these lines:

Versteeg - Bozak - Kessel
Kulemin - Grabovski - MacArthur
Sjostrom - Brent - Armstrong
Brown - Zigomanis - Orr

Beauchiman - Phanuef
Kaberle - Schenn
Komisarek - Gunnarsson

They had Caputi and Hanson as call-ups who played great in the exhibition that could take a 2nd or 3rd line role...

Kadri needs time in the Marlies to improve, but can be called up occassionally to fill a role if Bozak/Grabovski/Kessel get hurt..

Rosehill could take the 4th line role if someone needs a break...

Aulie and Richmond have both made their case in the pre-season and in a few exhibition games....

Mitchell and Lebda have no reason to be close the the ice-surface...what is it with the front office and these guys

Someone posted in 8 games Kessel had 9 points and in 21 games had 10 points...Zigomanis and all of the other switches happened after 8 games into the post-season

Chungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 09:01 PM
brevard*

To Washington, Komisarek and a 2nd round pick

To Toronto, A 4th round pick

brevard* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 09:55 PM
My Sweet Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chungo View Post
Done!....But seriously they were winning when they had these lines:

Versteeg - Bozak - Kessel
Kulemin - Grabovski - MacArthur
Sjostrom - Brent - Armstrong
Brown - Zigomanis - Orr

Beauchiman - Phanuef
Kaberle - Schenn
Komisarek - Gunnarsson
Those were our exact lines for most of the Vancouver game...asides from Zigomanis and Brown being replaced by Rosehill and Mitchell.

I don't think there's really any combination of our current players that will magically turn this team around. Face it, the first four games were an aberration, don't expect similar trends without some additions to this line-up.

My Sweet Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 10:44 PM
EucaLEAFtys

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezzie11 View Post
Wilson for Boudreau
Done!!!

EucaLEAFtys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 10:47 PM
Capitlols

Quote:

Quite the opposite.

Anyways no interest in Komisarek.

Capitlols is offline   Reply With Quote