HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Islanders about to make a trade (Roloson)...likely today

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-18-2010, 07:43 PM
  #101
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk
 
IslesRock4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 21,144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamblor506 View Post
Montreal

Kostitsyn
Auld
2nd round pick

for

New York

Roloson
Moulson
You're not getting Moulson.

__________________

IslesRock4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 08:06 PM
  #102
My Sweet Shadow
Registered User
 
My Sweet Shadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sioux Lookout, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,655
vCash: 500
Annnd...all this speculation for naught.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=346043

My Sweet Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 08:13 PM
  #103
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Right Behind Me!
Posts: 10,444
vCash: 500
I'm confused. If DP is really injured, then why did he practice this morning? Or was that not true?

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 08:16 PM
  #104
Doug Height
Okposwag
 
Doug Height's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: LI
Country: United States
Posts: 6,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Sweet Shadow View Post
Annnd...all this speculation for naught.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=346043
Old news.

Doug Height is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 08:24 PM
  #105
My Sweet Shadow
Registered User
 
My Sweet Shadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sioux Lookout, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,655
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Height View Post
Old news.
Tell that to the rest of the posters in this thread.

My Sweet Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 08:25 PM
  #106
X0X0A0
Sons of Pirates
 
X0X0A0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: St.Pete, Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 29,039
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Sweet Shadow View Post
Tell that to the rest of the posters in this thread.
They already knew hours ago.

X0X0A0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 11:27 PM
  #107
pckstpr31
Registered User
 
pckstpr31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: CGY
Country: Canada
Posts: 553
vCash: 500
Any legitimate updates to this? When do the rosters freeze tomorrow?

pckstpr31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 11:27 PM
  #108
IdealisticSniper
Registered User
 
IdealisticSniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9,952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pckstpr31 View Post
Any legitimate updates to this? When do the rosters freeze tomorrow?
In 30 mins.

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 01:00 AM
  #109
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk
 
IslesRock4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 21,144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by donGjohnson View Post
I'm confused. If DP is really injured, then why did he practice this morning? Or was that not true?
He has minor knee swelling, said it wasn't bothering him and it felt fine so he practiced. The Isles didn't start him because they need to be extra careful with him, but honestly he probably could have backed up Roloson tonight. I don't exactly understand what happened after that with the Lawson business.

IslesRock4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 01:08 AM
  #110
Njoy Oilers
Registered User
 
Njoy Oilers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Southern Alberta.
Posts: 3,340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairenough View Post
Lawson (3rd goalie) is starting tonight...What is happening here? Roloson and DP are NOT injured. Islanders still only have 11 forwards and 19 players.
and I believe Wanger is coaching next game.

Njoy Oilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 08:28 AM
  #111
kasper11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 6,863
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesRock4 View Post
He has minor knee swelling, said it wasn't bothering him and it felt fine so he practiced. The Isles didn't start him because they need to be extra careful with him, but honestly he probably could have backed up Roloson tonight. I don't exactly understand what happened after that with the Lawson business.
My guess is that they figured if they were going to bring up Lawson, might as well give him a chance to play. Lawson has played like crap this year, but that is probably due to the fact that he can't get into a rhythm with the three goalie rotation in Bridgeport. He was very good last year and the year before. Isles probably just want to get a feel for whether or not he can play at this level as a backup if they move Roloson.

kasper11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 10:59 AM
  #112
IdealisticSniper
Registered User
 
IdealisticSniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9,952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper11 View Post
My guess is that they figured if they were going to bring up Lawson, might as well give him a chance to play. Lawson has played like crap this year, but that is probably due to the fact that he can't get into a rhythm with the three goalie rotation in Bridgeport. He was very good last year and the year before. Isles probably just want to get a feel for whether or not he can play at this level as a backup if they move Roloson.
Does that really matter though at this point?

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 01:57 PM
  #113
oilers_guy_eddie
Craig's on it.
 
oilers_guy_eddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: This Is Fail County
Country: Norfolk Island
Posts: 10,993
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
Does that really matter though at this point?


Yeah... if they're thinking about moving a guy whose GAA and SP% are a full goal and 2.5% better than their supposed #1 guy, I'm guessing "winning" isn't big on their list of priorities anyway.

oilers_guy_eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 11:37 PM
  #114
4Isles4*
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 763
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
3rd or 4th will get it done.
You ever watch this guy play.....Look at his mumbers and then remember who he plays for....


Guy carried the Oil on his back to the cup.....

Im think 1st round or a good prospect...we dont usually see alot of 1st rounders flying around but to a team needing an Awsome goalie to complete thier team and compete for a cup it makes all to much sense to not give a st for Roli....and when its all said and done Rolie deservers it the guy never stops playing his tail off

4Isles4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 11:47 PM
  #115
Sterling31
YNWA
 
Sterling31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Oshawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,914
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Isles4 View Post
You ever watch this guy play.....Look at his mumbers and then remember who he plays for....


Guy carried the Oil on his back to the cup.....

Im think 1st round or a good prospect...we dont usually see alot of 1st rounders flying around but to a team needing an Awsome goalie to complete thier team and compete for a cup it makes all to much sense to not give a st for Roli....and when its all said and done Rolie deservers it the guy never stops playing his tail off
I have seen him play. Actually seen him play live on a couple occasions where he single handedly stole the game away from the leafs saving 50+ shots (if im not mistaken). It was somewhat a half-hearted joke. However, i dont think he is worth a 1st. (depending on how desperate teams are)

Like i said in a post following that one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatest hockey mind :lol:
I can see something similar.

Roloson + 3rd
for
AHLer (is NHL ready) + 2nd


eg:

TB:
Roloson + 3rd
for
Wright/Jones + 2nd
When i say AHLer, i meant young and with a decent upside.
Basically: upgrade 3rd to a 2nd (now with 2 seconds, can play the draft floor again, and get who you want) + decent young player that is ready to be given a serious shot in the NHL.

Sterling31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 12:08 AM
  #116
umwoz
Registered User
 
umwoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,597
vCash: 500
First round pick for a 41 year old pending UFA goalie? Highly unlikely.

umwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 12:27 AM
  #117
lakai17
Registered User
 
lakai17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,308
vCash: 50
is he coming back to Edmonton to win us the cup this season or what? we'll give you Deslaurier's or Gerber. You pick.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 12:30 AM
  #118
HemskyToHall*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by umwoz View Post
First round pick for a 41 year old pending UFA goalie? Highly unlikely.
A 37 year UFA goalie got a 1st round pick.

Guess who that goalie was?

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 12:33 AM
  #119
HemskyToHall*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
is he coming back to Edmonton to win us the cup this season or what? we'll give you Deslaurier's or Gerber. You pick.
Yup, he's my favorite Oilers goalie of all time.

But if we resigned him, we probably wouldn't have Hall right now.

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 12:57 AM
  #120
Dooman
Registered User
 
Dooman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 475
vCash: 500
Anyone else catch TSN's fantastic math?

Lawson was 2-4-2 in nine games with Bridgeport this season.

Dooman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 01:11 AM
  #121
RedBruin
Registered User
 
RedBruin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 2,324
vCash: 500
Tim Thomas is 3-0-0 in 4 games vs the Caps this season. Wasn't the goalie of record in the 4th game, Rask got credited with the loss.

RedBruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 01:56 AM
  #122
Kaen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by umwoz View Post
First round pick for a 41 year old pending UFA goalie? Highly unlikely.
A late first in a shallow draft, not completely out of question.

Kaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 03:07 AM
  #123
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES
 
JOHNBOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Denver NC
Country: United States
Posts: 10,153
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyToHall View Post
A 37 year UFA goalie got a 1st round pick.

Guess who that goalie was?
Who?

JOHNBOY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 03:09 AM
  #124
HemskyToHall*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBOY View Post
Who?
My mistake, but a 35 year old rental in Roloson fetched a 1st. Which turned out to be Trevor Lewis I believe.

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:28 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.