HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Frolov to Salavat Yulaev UFA

Old
12-19-2010, 10:31 PM
GarretJoseph

vCash: 500
Well his trade value is officially ZERO if hes thinking about bolting at any second. *******. Get the **** off my team.

GarretJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 10:51 PM
Rangers44*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
Well his trade value is officially ZERO if hes thinking about bolting at any second. *******. Get the **** off my team.
No the article says he will likely leave after his contract expires.

Rangers44* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 11:19 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Don't let the door hit you in the Ass ,Your robbing your money here anyway
can he take Rozsival with him, maybe the Rangers can try to convince Pashin to come over?? i thought he was gonna play in Hartford this year, why didnt they sign him???

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 11:31 PM
PromNite
Armed Android

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
can he take Rozsival with him, maybe the Rangers can try to convince Pashin to come over?? i thought he was gonna play in Hartford this year, why didnt they sign him???
Seriously? Still Rozsival hate? Not a better Ranger D-man playing now than Rozsy. Only one close is Girardi... and it's marginal.

Adam Tensta's from the 163
PromNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 12:34 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Any chance we could pull out a second round pick for Frolov and Gilroy from a team looking to add depth up front and a #7 defenseman in the back?

Gilroy can play the same role for a Cup contender that Doug Lidster can play for us, and Fro can something like Matteau for a contender.

If I were a GM of a Cup contender, I would not mind giving up a late second rounder for some depth.

Same logic applies to getting a second rounder for Rosie and Feds.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 12:45 AM
racer90

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
Any chance we could pull out a second round pick for Frolov and Gilroy from a team looking to add depth up front and a #7 defenseman in the back?

Gilroy can play the same role for a Cup contender that Doug Lidster can play for us, and Fro can something like Matteau for a contender.

If I were a GM of a Cup contender, I would not mind giving up a late second rounder for some depth.

Same logic applies to getting a second rounder for Rosie and Feds.

that would b sweet

racer90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 01:49 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PromNite View Post
Seriously? Still Rozsival hate? Not a better Ranger D-man playing now than Rozsy. Only one close is Girardi... and it's marginal.
so i guess u missed that Mike Richards chance when rozsival turned over the puck on that break away in the flyers game. here ill refresh ur memory http://video.flyers.nhl.com/videocen...2,473&fr=false only thing rozsival is good at is turning the puck over and never shooting on the powerplay.

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 03:15 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
so i guess u missed that Mike Richards chance when rozsival turned over the puck on that break away in the flyers game. here ill refresh ur memory http://video.flyers.nhl.com/videocen...2,473&fr=false only thing rozsival is good at is turning the puck over and never shooting on the powerplay.
generalizations based on 1 or 2 plays is just plain retarded. yes, he made a turnover leading to a scoring chance. its something that never happens to a defenseman

when defenseman make mistakes they seem HUGE, because of the nature of the position (even moreso for a goaltender), all you remember are the mistakes because of the way they tend to be monumental. the key to Rozsivals game is how good he is overall. 999 times out of 1000 he does the right thing, smart chips, holds the puck, is very patient, lets the play come to him, etc. yes, he screwed up there. congrats...and his problems on the PP have been very much nitpicked to death, hence why hes not really a key cog of the PP. at 5 mil hes overpaid, but not to the degree where he is killing this team. id trade rozsival if the right deal came along...on the flip side i would dump Chris Drury for a bag of pucks. the thing to note is the difference between salary, and production. Chris Drury is overpaid by about 5 million dollars....Rozsival is in the 1-1.5 million dollar range in terms of being overpaid.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 07:24 AM
savebyrichter420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
generalizations based on 1 or 2 plays is just plain retarded. yes, he made a turnover leading to a scoring chance. its something that never happens to a defenseman

when defenseman make mistakes they seem HUGE, because of the nature of the position (even moreso for a goaltender), all you remember are the mistakes because of the way they tend to be monumental. the key to Rozsivals game is how good he is overall. 999 times out of 1000 he does the right thing, smart chips, holds the puck, is very patient, lets the play come to him, etc. yes, he screwed up there. congrats...and his problems on the PP have been very much nitpicked to death, hence why hes not really a key cog of the PP. at 5 mil hes overpaid, but not to the degree where he is killing this team. id trade rozsival if the right deal came along...on the flip side i would dump Chris Drury for a bag of pucks. the thing to note is the difference between salary, and production. Chris Drury is overpaid by about 5 million dollars....Rozsival is in the 1-1.5 million dollar range in terms of being overpaid.
Yeah right dude, I'll have some of what you're smoking please! Rozy makes the same mistakes mdz makes which is totally unacceptable for a guy being paid that much with that much experience and who is this supposedly super steady, who oes the wrong thing only 1% of time veteran. I'm
willing to take lumps with mdz as he develops, it's to be expeced. Rozy handles the puck like a hand grenade, he makes ****** outlet passes all the time usually up the middle of the zone, has a shot he don't use and when he does can't hit the net, he's only good with the puck not on his stick and still even then he looks like a deer in headlights waiting to screw up again

savebyrichter420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 07:34 AM
Revelation
Reanimated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post

THANK YOU!

I simply don't get all the Rozy hate. Yes, I facepalm just like everyone else when the guy makes a mistake. But seriously, the dude gets absolutely crucified when he makes ONE blunder, while at the same time getting zero credit for playing solid, albeit un-flashy, defense 99% of the time.

Yes, he's overpaid. WE GET IT. I would love to see how all the haters would handle it if, everytime at work, they got reamed by their boss for every typo or mathematical error, because that's pretty much what happens to the poor *******.

Revelation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 08:28 AM
BluelineHammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
THANK YOU!

I simply don't get all the Rozy hate. Yes, I facepalm just like everyone else when the guy makes a mistake. But seriously, the dude gets absolutely crucified when he makes ONE blunder, while at the same time getting zero credit for playing solid, albeit un-flashy, defense 99% of the time.

Yes, he's overpaid. WE GET IT. I would love to see how all the haters would handle it if, everytime at work, they got reamed by their boss for every typo or mathematical error, because that's pretty much what happens to the poor *******.

Seriously? I'm not one that jumps on the hate bandwagons, but if you guys are going to defend the guy then you need to watch him more closely not just criticize peoples bad opinions of him. Look again at the video Punxrockny put up, look at the Zherdev goal when he came out of the box...who is on the ice for the Rangers? DZ and Rozsival. Who has no clue that there is someone coming out of the box for the other team? Zherdev is Rozsival's responsibility at the very least to be aware that time is expiring on the PP and there will be a man down the ice on his side of the rink. How long has he been in this league, how do you not pick that up? Are we going to claim that this was his one blunder?

Fast-forward to 3:20 and the Leino goal, and watch the replay of the entry into the zone by Briere. Who does Briere blow by practically standing at the blueline? Yes, that is Rozsival too. Look at the way he plays Briere, he practically stumbles over (almost like when he fell over and lost his stick on the Richards goal), is that how a "steady defenseman" plays a man coming into the zone? Maybe that was his one blunder?

Point is, the guy is FAR from being our best, or one of our better defenseman. They all make mistakes out there, but Rozsival's are ones that either rookies make or old players that have lost it make. He does make good plays here and there, but you can't say that people jump on him for no reason. There are plenty of reasons, you just have to look.

BluelineHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 08:29 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Eh, I've been giving Rozsival credit this year for getting back on his game, but there's no way he's been our best defensemen in the last 15 games. Staal and Girardi have been much better.

As for Frolov; I wasn't pleased that the team signed him, but thought the term was okay for just this reason. He's a "me first" player.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 08:32 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Pashnin is still under contract in the KHL. There was no possibility of him coming over this year, though he was allowed to come over for prospect camp. Next summer he will be free to sign with us.

As for Rozy, it's amazing how some people underrate him on these boards. Every one of our dmen make mistakes at times. But of course, if you're already determined to hate on Rozy, that's all you will notice. Nevermind all the good, smart plays he makes.

The bottom line is, Rozy is only 1 of 3 dmen on this team truly capable of playing top 4 minutes. Removing him from this team without adding at least one top 4 dman would be foolish.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 09:05 AM
Melrose_Jr.

This isn't a Rozsival thread.

I wouldn't be excited to see Frolov leave without compensation.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 09:12 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
This isn't a Rozsival thread.

I wouldn't be excited to see Frolov leave without compensation.
yea I'm iffy on this one. I think I rather have him stick around and see if he can start popping more goals. It's not like he did'nt have some good years and he is a UFA anyways

I don't think is value is crap but he would to be moved for a high paid UFA as well

Vitto79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 09:27 AM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdanger20 View Post

Wouldn't even know he was gone.
haha that pic is sick

KreiMeARiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 09:44 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
yea I'm iffy on this one. I think I rather have him stick around and see if he can start popping more goals. It's not like he did'nt have some good years and he is a UFA anyways

I don't think is value is crap but he would to be moved for a high paid UFA as well
He was a lot more involved in the offense last week. 4 points vs. 6 for the entire month of November. Maybe this is the turning point for Frolov?

I honestly don't think the Rangers shop him barring a miracle recovery from Prospal. He's bought into the Torts system and he's just as likely to break out offensively as some of the names thrown around in this thread. Brunette, as one example, has the exact same number of goals and assists, but is a -4 and remains a wildcard in terms of how he's going to adapt to hard working game strategy of the Rangers. It's a coin toss as to whether that's an upgrade, so I'm sticking with the known element here.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 10:07 AM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

I feel like im the only one who likes Frolov. There's always adjustment time when a player has played the same system for the same team for so long like Frolov had.. Now that he's finally getting into his groove with the Rangers I think Frolov will finally start breaking out offensively. He's already shown flashes of it... it would be silly to trade him away for nothing or letting him go because of his one month of lack of production.

Marty Straka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 10:09 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

I was so excited to get A-Fro here. I thought he would give us some solid secondary scoring which he did nicely in L.A. Guess not.

He's almost as bad as Kotalik right now...

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 10:16 AM
mullichicken25

i thought frolov signed with the KHL this past offseason...

had no idea he's still playing in the NHL..let alone for the rangers

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 10:28 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
He was a lot more involved in the offense last week. 4 points vs. 6 for the entire month of November. Maybe this is the turning point for Frolov?

I honestly don't think the Rangers shop him barring a miracle recovery from Prospal. He's bought into the Torts system and he's just as likely to break out offensively as some of the names thrown around in this thread. Brunette, as one example, has the exact same number of goals and assists, but is a -4 and remains a wildcard in terms of how he's going to adapt to hard working game strategy of the Rangers. It's a coin toss as to whether that's an upgrade, so I'm sticking with the known element here.
With Callahan out till sometime in February and Prospal a unknown around mid Jan I think the sticks for sure. Never know he may come out of it and if he does'nt he is a UFA and he likely can be moved by the deadline for something since ge is a FA

Vitto79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 10:36 AM
levski87

I doubt the validity of this article.

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 10:42 AM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 50
Frolov's a good player who just can't get it going here. He's been successful before, but it doesn't always translate. It's obviously better that he is traded to another NHL team. I'm sure after this year he'll flee to the KHL where he'll get all the ice time he wants.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 01:39 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

my feeling is with zherdev, lisin, not drafting tarasenko and now this frolov thing, im pretty sure we wont be drafting a russian kid in the 1st round next year....

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 01:41 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
my feeling is with zherdev, lisin, not drafting tarasenko and now this frolov thing, im pretty sure we wont be drafting a russian kid in the 1st round next year....
We might be low enough to have a shot at Khokhlachev. It'd be a shame if we passed on him.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote