HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

NYI/Minnesota

Old
12-19-2010, 05:50 PM
WildisLaw
Just win, baby

vCash: 500
NYI/Minnesota

What are NYI needs? What would it take to get Grabner to the Wild?

WildisLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 06:11 PM
Blacksheep71

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildisLaw View Post
Everything.

Considering how our season is going we would look at a draft pick #3 round plus a prospect be it Matt Hackett G, or Tyler Cuma D.

Blacksheep71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 06:16 PM
startainfection*

gillies, nystrom, and a 2nd rounder?

i would love to have clutterbuck or latendress but i dont think grabner would be able to get them unless they throw in another prospect or a pick

startainfection* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 06:50 PM
WildisLaw
Just win, baby

I think gillies,nystrom, and a 2nd is a little much. Cuma is an interesting piece. Wild need their picks though.

Old
12-19-2010, 06:53 PM
WildisLaw
Just win, baby

Clutterbuck/latendresse would have to be overpaid for as they are fan favorites and I don't think they will be traded. They are worth more to minnesota than to the rest of the nhl. Any interest in Backstrom, Barker,Schultz, Zidlicky,Zanon,Brunette, Miettenin, Theodore, or Kobasew?

Old
12-19-2010, 07:01 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
Originally Posted by startainfection View Post
gillies, nystrom, and a 2nd rounder?

i would love to have clutterbuck or latendress but i dont think grabner would be able to get them unless they throw in another prospect or a pick
We don't have a 2nd rounder this year.

Dr Jan Itor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 07:13 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
He's very young and on a very cheap contract.

I would expect the isles to move older,more expensive players or impending ufas before Grabner.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 08:16 PM
WildisLaw
Just win, baby

Wild are up to the cap so it'd be salary going the isles way or salaries would have to even out.

Old
12-19-2010, 08:29 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksheep71 View Post
Everything.

Considering how our season is going we would look at a draft pick #3 round plus a prospect be it Matt Hackett G, or Tyler Cuma D.
Rolison,Moulson,Juracina and Wiz are about to become ufas.Those would be the players Snow would imo look to move for picks/prospects.

Why would the isles with Poulin,Nilson,Koskenin and Lawson,want Hackett for a cheap,young skilled Grabner?

Old
12-19-2010, 10:25 PM
4Isles4*

ClutterClutterClutter.....I love that kid

4Isles4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 04:56 AM
Seph

Send a message via AIM to Seph
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
He's very young and on a very cheap contract.

I would expect the isles to move older,more expensive players or impending ufas before Grabner.
In addition, he's one of the few Islander forwards that can skate well, and is easily the fastest skater on the team. Quite simply, I don't think the Islanders can afford to get any slower.

He's no world beater, and he's anything but untouchable. But I think he's worth more to the Isles than he is to other teams, so I don't see a trade happening.

Quote:
Clutterbuck/latendresse would have to be overpaid for as they are fan favorites and I don't think they will be traded. They are worth more to minnesota than to the rest of the nhl. Any interest in Backstrom, Barker,Schultz, Zidlicky,Zanon,Brunette, Miettenin, Theodore, or Kobasew?
Schultz is the only name on that list of particular interest (unless DP retires, in which case Backstrom becomes of interest), but see above for why I don't think it'll happen for Grabner. However, I'd trade you Schremp and/or Parenteau for any of the skaters you list (or combination thereof, if you prefer).

Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 05:25 AM
Blacksheep71

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Rolison,Moulson,Juracina and Wiz are about to become ufas.Those would be the players Snow would imo look to move for picks/prospects.

Why would the isles with Poulin,Nilson,Koskenin and Lawson,want Hackett for a cheap,young skilled Grabner?
Because I hardly consider Lawson a prospect and none of Poulin, Nilsson and Koskinen and have shown at the moment that they have No1 potential. With the perenially injured DiPetro and the aging Roloson, I think that Snow will continue to pick up netminders until he hits upon a sure fire thing.

Blacksheep71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 05:48 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksheep71 View Post
Because I hardly consider Lawson a prospect and none of Poulin, Nilsson and Koskinen and have shown at the moment that they have No1 potential. With the perenially injured DiPetro and the aging Roloson, I think that Snow will continue to pick up netminders until he hits upon a sure fire thing.
Poulin's having a very strong season in his first yr in Bridgeport.I'm too lazy to look up his numbers,but last I checked they are something like 7-3-0 2.09 gaa .932 save %.

The isles are also very high on Koskenin and Nilson.

Old
12-20-2010, 06:58 AM
startainfection*

Quote:
I think gillies,nystrom, and a 2nd is a little much. Cuma is an interesting piece. Wild need their picks though.
i would just like to have the 2 players that are related to players from the isle's dynasty on the isles

and the 2nd is pretty much the main part of the deal

startainfection* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 10:11 AM
HyeDray
HFB Partner

Grabner has been playing well. I understand why you would want him.

There is really nothing on the Wild Roster the Isles would want in a straight up deal involving Grabner. The Isles are in need of a consistent scoring wing who can play with Tavares.

I really don't see these two teams as good trade partners. They both seem to have the same needs.

Grabner is getting a much needed opportunity on Long Island. Right now he is on pace to net the Isles 21 goals and 12 assists for 33 points in 78 games. That is pretty good for a waiver pick-up. I can't see the Isles moving him. Those stats are somewhat true to form if you look at his career stats in Juniors and minors. He is a finisher something the Isles need.

He should slot into the second line with Schremp as his center for the next several years.

HyeDray is offline   Reply With Quote