HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sabres/Amerks next season

Closed Thread

Old
05-18-2005, 12:22 AM
sabrefan27

vCash: 500
Sabres/Amerks next season

So what are the chances we will see some of these guys play for either team next season.

Jan Hejda
Denis Ezhov
Denis Denisov
John Adams
Mark Mancari
Branislav Fabry
Artem Kriukov

Old
05-18-2005, 06:40 AM
SuperNintendoChalmrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27
So what are the chances we will see some of these guys play for either team next season.

Jan Hejda
Denis Ezhov
Denis Denisov
John Adams
Mark Mancari
Branislav Fabry
Artem Kriukov

Denisov seems to be the most interesting/intriguing player on that list, considering his time on the Russian World Championship team.

Old
05-18-2005, 08:21 AM
ajsonor

John Adams is another possibility. Not very flashy, but the steady sidekick of All-American Andrew Alberts. Even if he served as Don Sweeney to Albert's Ray Bourque, that should mean he has some potential.

I think the Sabres sign 2 out of three of Kriukov, Mancari, and Hunter to fill the void of Milley, Batovic, etc.

Old
05-18-2005, 09:12 AM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:

Jan Hejda
Denis Ezhov
Denis Denisov
John Adams
Mark Mancari
Branislav Fabry
Artem Kriukov
Denisov and Kriukov seem the most likely to me. They're also the two I most wish to see signed. I'm not sure what is up with Kriukov's contract, but I assumed the Sabres didn't buy out his contract after the last NHL training camp because it was to expire that RSL season. If it did, then he would have had to sign a new one for the recent Russian season. If that's true, hopefully it was a one-year deal.

Old
05-18-2005, 09:37 AM
SuperNintendoChalmrs

Hejda went from the Czech league to the RSL for the last two years. Maybe he is happy playing there.

Fabry would most likely still be in the Slovak league.

Ezhov....most likely in the RSL.

I believe Mancari could qualify for an over-age season in the OHL???

Old
05-18-2005, 10:50 AM
ajsonor

As For Hunter and Mancari, I believe they were both drafted as 19 yearolds. I haven't checked their birthdays. I just assumed that they don't really have any more room for growth at that level after the years they've had.

Old
05-18-2005, 01:39 PM
eSabre

Send a message via AIM to eSabre
I really hope the Sabres will sign John Adams. I think he's got serious potential. I'd love to see him in an Amerks uniform next year.

As for everyone else on the list, I wouldn't mind seeing all of them brought in and signed. If the Amerks don't have any roster space, put them in the ECHL. I'd hate to see some of these guys not given a chance to make it.

Old
05-18-2005, 02:05 PM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Do you guys think Adams will become a Janik-type player (which is a good thing for the organization)?

Old
05-18-2005, 03:03 PM
eSabre

Send a message via AIM to eSabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon
Do you guys think Adams will become a Janik-type player (which is a good thing for the organization)?
I think he's got the potential to be somewhere between Janik and Tallinder. Just an overall solid defenseman.

Old
05-18-2005, 03:07 PM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon
It seems that way. When I watched Adams on TV his game reminded me of Janik this year and his rookie season. Didn't notice him too much, and usually only when he makes a solid defensive play. Janik went back to keeping it simple this season, which is why he was so good. He tried to do too much the past couple seasons.

Assuming none of these players will make the jump right to the Sabres, it would be nice to see some signed for the Amerks. I wouldn't mind a defense of Paetsch, Adams, Hejda, Denisov, Dufresne and then a veteran they would sign. Not sure how effective it would be, but I would look forward to seeing how they do.

Old
05-18-2005, 04:08 PM
Ruckus007
Said too much

Quote:

Jan Hejda
Denis Ezhov
Denis Denisov
John Adams
Mark Mancari
Branislav Fabry
Artem Kriukov
The only European on this list that I could see in Rochester would be Kriukov. I don't think Ezhov or Fabry are coming in and with Hejda and Denisov both being older I see them fitting in better in Buffalo on the 3rd pair replacing guys like Patrick and likely Fitzpatrick.

Mancari is someone who's caught my attention this season, as some might know. As he's older I can see him coming to Rochester next year. Particularly if Gaustad is destined for Buffalo. I'm not really interested in Dylan Hunter.

I guess I just really haven't seen enough of Adams to really judge. I'm not sure I care one way or t'other.

Old
05-20-2005, 11:35 AM
Sabresarecool

I heard Mancari has really stepped up his game this season. According to HF he was destined as a fourth line grinding winger if he ever made it to the nhl, but i've heard he's become quite the power forward this season, and is leading his team to the memorial cup

Old
05-20-2005, 02:29 PM
ImpressedDAHagent
Go sabres

i really liked what i saw from John Adams. he looked to be one of the leaders on a pretty good team. I would like the sabres to do something with these russians. Im still kind of upset about the amerks getting stoned in the playoffs. i would rather bring in a few bigger forwards like Mancari and Kriukov. however i also think you have to do what time allows you to get away with. i love the amerks.. but we already have enough players from that team that could possibly make the sabres.. few holes left.

Old
05-20-2005, 02:32 PM
ImpressedDAHagent
Go sabres

how many years did mcarther sign for? was it just a playoff thing? what did any of you tv fokes think of his game.

Old
06-02-2005, 03:31 PM
czechhockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNintendoChalmrs
Hejda went from the Czech league to the RSL for the last two years. Maybe he is happy playing there.

Fabry would most likely still be in the Slovak league.

Ezhov....most likely in the RSL.

I believe Mancari could qualify for an over-age season in the OHL???
Sabres expressed serious interest in signing Hejda after the CBA is done but considering uncertaincy Hejda should sign with Russian team Voskresensk very soon.
Hejda would like to sign for a little bit less money than he earns in Russia but with current situation in NHL, he decided to sign in Russia.

Old
06-16-2005, 11:59 PM
billsandsabres
nhl 94 aficianado

sign the russian lindros
he can't be worse than novotny

Closed Thread