HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Plekanec's cut

Closed Thread

Old
10-07-2003, 03:55 PM
Russian Fan

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Russian Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jl.roberts
If, on Thursday night, Yanic Perreault and Donald Audette form two thirds of the Canadiens first line, than Montreal may aswell forfeit the game. I mean, for christ sake, who would believe that Bob Gainey would put up with that?

That line will be absolutely terrible. Juneau and Dackell? I thought we would be turning the page on those two. I guess not...what do they bring to the team? Let us hope that, when the injured reserve is cleared out, so are Joe Juneau and Andreas Dackell.
maybe Juneau & Dackell are not the most exciting player on the squad but maybe they do the little thing that you don't see because they produce.

CJ kept Higgins instead of Plekanec because Higgins could do the little thing better than Plekanec even if Plekanec put better offensive #'s & threats in the pre-season.

Old
10-08-2003, 02:31 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian Fan
maybe Juneau & Dackell are not the most exciting player on the squad but maybe they do the little thing that you don't see because they produce.

CJ kept Higgins instead of Plekanec because Higgins could do the little thing better than Plekanec even if Plekanec put better offensive #'s & threats in the pre-season.
True, but where are those little things from Perreault and Audette coming from? Never saw them do anything special on the ice, except score and even that is a question mark for Audette. Perreault can win faceoffs I guess, but those 2 won't do all those "little things" along the boards or in their defensive coverage (what defensive coverage?) to justify their premium ice time.

Old
10-08-2003, 03:25 AM
marcel

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
True, but where are those little things from Perreault and Audette coming from? Never saw them do anything special on the ice, except score and even that is a question mark for Audette. Perreault can win faceoffs I guess, but those 2 won't do all those "little things" along the boards or in their defensive coverage (what defensive coverage?) to justify their premium ice time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Even if he's staying in Montreal, don't expect Higgins in the lineup Thursday night in Ottawa since he was not practicing with a regular line today. "I'm trying to take a day it at a time. I have stayed positive and succeeded in impressing management," concluded Higgins.

Old
10-08-2003, 05:03 AM

CJ comments about Plekanec on team 990

I was reading on another site (habfans.com) and some poster said that CJ was interviewed and said that although Plekanec is very talented, he ressembles too much Perreault and Ribeiro (hear that part on RDS) but also that he (Plekanec) is not in the teams future plans!!!!

Is this true?

Old
10-08-2003, 05:05 AM
Playr050

Send a message via AIM to Playr050
I think it's more Gainey/Savard's call to make on who's in the teams plans or not.

Old
10-08-2003, 05:07 AM
Playr050

Send a message via AIM to Playr050
Ok, at the same site, habsfans.com, the actual quote is posted.

Quote:
"He's going in the right direction," Julien said of Plekanec. "He has the skills to become a dominant player in the AHL and he can be an NHL player, if not with this organization, then with somebody else."
I think it's being read into a little too much.

Old
10-08-2003, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playr050
Ok, at the same site, habsfans.com, the actual quote is posted.

I think it's being read into a little too much.
That's not what I read in his quote, but I just thougt I would ask, since I found it odd that CJ would make such a comment

Old
10-08-2003, 05:20 AM
Highlander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
Very True Munch. I think Bulis is in for a long night on that line. I was going to say that maybe the team is showcasing Audette, Juneau, and Dackell for potential trades, but that sounds too silly. Can't see too many teams interested in them at the moment. Maybe near the trade deadline (BIG maybe, and for depth at that), but not now. Who nows, maybe they'll score some goals and someone will claim them from waivers when we send their sorry butts down...

Old
10-08-2003, 05:23 AM
Shazbot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
......... but also that he (Plekanec) is not in the teams future plans!!!!

The quote in The Gazette was something like this:

~~"He has a future in the NHL, if not with this team then with some other team."~~

It seemed like an odd thing to say, and I'm sure he could have avoided mentioning it. It does suggest, I think, that Plekanec is not in the team's plans. I think that's too bad, because I prefer his style of play to Ribeiro's, for example.

Closed Thread