Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

Flames 1 Wild 4

Old
12-20-2010, 09:32 PM
WildisLaw
Just win, baby

vCash: 500
Could you guys make one of those "blow it up" avatars for the wild too?

WildisLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 09:32 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

All I have hope for now is a high draft pick, and a new GM announcing that pick at the draft.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 09:33 PM
GoFlames

Maybe someone with photoshop talents can make a series of blow it up avatars...

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 09:33 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

vCash: 152
These past two games just go to show that we just are not good enough to compete in the western conference with this core.

I have really held out hope for this squad but they continue to play the same frustrating brand of hockey.

Honestly, the three goals that the wild scored tonight are NOT acceptable at a NHL level. Two absolutely atrocious defensive mistakes and a bad angle softy.

The Brodziak goal =

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 09:34 PM
GoFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
All I have hope for now is a high draft pick, and a new GM announcing that pick at the draft.
Lottery Pick!!! Sutter can't touch that as he would trade down for a third liner and pick up another third liner in the second round.

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 09:40 PM
Nachoman AlfieSavage*

i hate the sutters so very, very much. Is it time to start emailing ownership and demanding sutters heads? Or boycotting games until they are fired? Assassinations? Anything?

Nachoman AlfieSavage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 09:47 PM
DouglasQuaid
Blabbed about Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
These past two games just go to show that we just are not good enough to compete in the western conference with this core.

I have really held out hope for this squad but they continue to play the same frustrating brand of hockey.

Honestly, the three goals that the wild scored tonight are NOT acceptable at a NHL level. Two absolutely atrocious defensive mistakes and a bad angle softy.

The Brodziak goal =
Exactly this. To be playing well previously, and find a way to not get any points out of these two games, is unacceptable.

DouglasQuaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 10:05 PM
MVW

vCash: 50
Quote:
Me and you are on the same page I think on how the Flames should be handled now going forward. The fan in me cheers for them to win games, but my common sense knows that the most long term beneficial thing to do is rebuild.

After Columbus their schedule starts to get harder with games against Dallas and Colorado. I expect them to be at the bottom of the Western conference at months end. If that happens, I think we will see D. Sutter fired after the New Years game if the Flames lose to the Avs (this will be my Christmas wish anyways).

Another thing to consider is the Oilers are also among the bottom feeders of the Western conference right now as well. I think it is imparative that we finish below them in the standings this season (which is likely because their play has been much better lately). If they get another top 3 pick and we don't, we are going to be that much further behind them in terms of a rebuild. They already have so much dam young talent, I could not stand to see them walk away with another gem of a draft pick and we don't.

MVW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 10:12 PM
CoRD
GO BRUINS GO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Me and you are on the same page I think on how the Flames should be handled now going forward. The fan in me cheers for them to win games, but my common sense knows that the most long term beneficial thing to do is rebuild.

After Columbus their schedule starts to get harder with games against Dallas and Colorado. I expect them to be at the bottom of the Western conference at months end. If that happens, I think we will see D. Sutter fired after the New Years game if the Flames lose to the Avs (this will be my Christmas wish anyways).

Another thing to consider is the Oilers are also among the bottom feeders of the Western conference right now as well. I think it is imparative that we finish below them in the standings this season (which is likely because their play has been much better lately). If they get another top 3 pick and we don't, we are going to be that much further behind them in terms of a rebuild. They already have so much dam young talent, I could not stand to see them walk away with another gem of a draft pick and we don't.
This is the only game I want to win. A giant group of us are going to the game and a big win would be a great way to kick start the night. Other than that I'm with you guys, I cheer for a win, but also cheer for a loss. It's a win-win situation every night!

CoRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 10:14 PM
DBU
Bruinwagoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRD View Post
This is the only game I want to win. A giant group of us are going to the game and a big win would be a great way to kick start the night. Other than that I'm with you guys, I cheer for a win, but also cheer for a loss. It's a win-win situation every night!
I agree with this lol. I'm going to the New Years game and I want us to curb stomp the Avs... but we can get back to losing after that.

DBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 10:16 PM
Dallas Flames Fan

Quote:
. But while we have Iginla, Gio and Kipper this team will never be bad enough to finish last. This sucks.
Are you sure?

Dallas Flames Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 10:26 PM
flames123

Quote:
I can hope that much as well. Too bad we don't have a 2nd or 3rd this year. Top 5 talent in this years draft is pretty weak imo. No real superstars but a guy like Larsson would be a great pick-up for us imo as we could rebuild with Erixon and Larsson on D. Develop them first, then look for the forwards.

I always kinda sided with D. Sutter, but with the way the team he put together is performing, I have lost most of my faith in him. Bring in a new GM and start the rebuild because this team isn't doing anything.

flames123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 11:13 PM
Triple Deke

So whose turn to get scratched tomorrow vs CBus?
Don't know why Backlund is on such a short leash. Kid needs to be given a chance.

Triple Deke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 11:30 PM
bigchief12

Quote:
I know I cheer for a ****** team when I'm using Flames PP time to go to the washroom and get a new drink.
You got some airtime on Fan960 with this one

bigchief12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2010, 11:36 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchief12 View Post
You got some airtime on Fan960 with this one

They read my email on air? Nice. Curious how Steinberg worked around the part about Ken King getting his head out of Darryl Sutter's ass and firing him.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 12:12 AM
Some Other Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by flames123 View Post
I can hope that much as well. Too bad we don't have a 2nd or 3rd this year. Top 5 talent in this years draft is pretty weak imo. No real superstars but a guy like Larsson would be a great pick-up for us imo as we could rebuild with Erixon and Larsson on D. Develop them first, then look for the forwards.
Unless Larsson's the clear cut BPA, as a close to a potential franchise defensemen as possible, Flames have draft to a forward. Couturier is unlikely since this team isn't bad enough to draft 1st overall but guys like Landeskog or Strome would be excellent choices. And with Bouwmeester, Giordano, Erixon and Brodie, the Flames aren't really hurting for high end defensive players. But yeah, this is a weak draft in terms of high end talent.

Quote:
They read my email on air? Nice. Curious how Steinberg worked around the part about Ken King getting his head out of Darryl Sutter's ass and firing him.
Listening to the after hours show once in a while is good for a laugh. Steinberg's a smart guy; he knows this team is going nowhere and that nothing will change until Darryl is fired, yet given his relationship with the Flames, he can't anything like that outright. But every so often, he slips and says something like 'this team is simply terribly constructed.' Really good host though.

Some Other Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 12:30 AM
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Hockey Fan View Post
Are you sure?
as long as the Islanders and Devils are in this league, yup.

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 12:55 AM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:
I say allow Ken King to keep his head up Darryl's Ass and fire them both. King has been a big supporter of all his moves made the past two years so he is just as guilty.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 04:11 AM
TheDoctor10
Bigger on the inside

Quote:
Too many healthy players. Brent has no choice but to scratch guys. Regardless if this will keep guys hungry, this whole season is turning into one big facepalm. Us being out of a lottery position is bad news imo. But while we have Iginla, Gio and Kipper this team will never be bad enough to finish last. This sucks.
It's a young season; this team just lost back to back games to the WILD FFS. In fairly humiliating fashion. This is a lottery team. Arguably it shouldn't be, but it is.

TheDoctor10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 08:08 AM
Dallas Flames Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
I say allow Ken King to keep his head up Darryl's Ass and fire them both. King has been a big supporter of all his moves made the past two years so he is just as guilty.
back to back loss to one of the worst teams in the league...and sitll have a job

Dallas Flames Fan is offline   Reply With Quote