HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Chicago-Edmonton

Old
12-20-2010, 11:34 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

vCash: 500
Two thugs
A random Euro
a late first round pick

for a potential star winger

hell yeah

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 12:37 AM
JUICEY*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrForever View Post
Two thugs
A random Euro
a late first round pick

for a potential star winger

hell yeah
Nope, I think you mean

potential 30 goal powerforward
potential premier PMD
potential 1st line center

for

potential bust

JUICEY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 12:38 AM
oilerbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUICEY View Post
How is Kruger an average player?

Kruger 09-10 SEL 38 GP, 11 goals, 20 assists, 31 points

Paajarvi 09-10 SEL 49 GP, 12 goals, 17 assists, 29 points

I understand if you don't know much about anyone but Oilers prospects, but do a little research. Looks to me like Kruger played way better than your precious MPS. Yes, I know MPS is a better prospect but you really shouldn't comment about things you don't know about.
Kruger 20yr 10-11 27gm 3G 14A 17P 2009 WJC 6gm 0g 6A
Lander 19yr 10-11 30gm 7G 7A 14P 2009 WJC 6gm 5G 3A

Lander was made swedens captain at the end of 09 WJC and captain for 10 WJC. He is more offensively productive than Kruger and plays a two way game. Think Bolland!

Oiler fans also know he is not in the same offensive league as Magnus. Kruger versus MPS. come on man.

Chicago Kool-Aid.

oilerbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 12:43 AM
JUICEY*

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerbear View Post
Kruger 20yr 10-11 27gm 3G 14A 17P 2009 WJC 6gm 0g 6A
Lander 19yr 10-11 30gm 7G 7A 14P 2009 WJC 6gm 5G 3A

Lander was made swedens captain at the end of 09 WJC and captain for 10 WJC. He is more offensively productive than Kruger and plays a two way game. Think Bolland!

Oiler fans also know he is not in the same offensive league as Magnus. Kruger versus MPS. come on man.

Chicago Kool-Aid.
Kruger leads his team in points. Lander is 6th.

Also if you bothered reading, I was responding to someone calling Kruger a scrub. I admitted MPS was a better prospect, but was just saying that Kruger shouldn't be taken lightly.

JUICEY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 01:00 AM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUICEY View Post
Kruger leads his team in points. Lander is 6th.

Also if you bothered reading, I was responding to someone calling Kruger a scrub. I admitted MPS was a better prospect, but was just saying that Kruger shouldn't be taken lightly.
Hey I am a Oil fan and I will tell you they think because Mps scored 12 goals as a 18-19 year old it is amazing but they dont take into account it was his 3rd season and he had 1st line time and ranked about 60th in the league in points, MPS has great speed and potential but does lack offensive ability. And I would do the trade.

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 01:12 AM
HemskyToHall*

Quote:
Originally Posted by newoilsburnsclean View Post
Hey I am a Oil fan and I will tell you they think because Mps scored 12 goals as a 18-19 year old it is amazing but they dont take into account it was his 3rd season and he had 1st line time and ranked about 60th in the league in points, MPS has great speed and potential but does lack offensive ability. And I would do the trade.
It's more of a projection thing, not solely based on stats.

MPS's skillset is very rare, how many players are their with his size and speed? His passes are pretty good and is improving in his play on the boards.

It is rare to find a player in his age group in that league and keep in mind Kopitar only had 8 goals in his draft season in the SEL.

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 01:22 AM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyToHall View Post
It's more of a projection thing, not solely based on stats.

MPS's skillset is very rare, how many players are their with his size and speed? His passes are pretty good and is improving in his play on the boards.

It is rare to find a player in his age group in that league and keep in mind Kopitar only had 8 goals in his draft season in the SEL.
And it was Kopitar rookie season in the Sel playing 4th line min not comparable Mps played 1st line min. Sorry he has potential but his stats are very humble

Old
12-21-2010, 01:23 AM
Bryanbryoil
Paying Off A Bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyderFan1 View Post
+ Hall? Maybe...
I hope this was an attempt at humor.

12-21-2010, 01:31 AM
Flapjack*

As somebody who has seen Kruger and MPS play in person, there is no comparison. This thread is a joke.

Some Hawk fans are under the assumption that Kruger is going to be the next Zett's, and thats just not the case, and never will be an issue, while MPS reminds me of Hossa.

Throw in Brouwer, who is a throw in on many Hawk fan delusional trades forgetting he is the best left wing on the team, and right now I tell Oiler fans to just move along, its not worth it responding, merry christmas, and smile when you get the fruit cake.

Flapjack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 01:38 AM
HemskyToHall*

Quote:
And it was Kopitar rookie season in the Sel playing 4th line min not comparable Mps played 1st line min. Sorry he has potential but his stats are very humble
Look at Franzen's stats in his 3rd season.
Look at Zetterberg's stats in his 2nd season.

SEL is a defensive-strategic league from what I've read, this is why some of the best two way players in hockey are from Sweden.

Old
12-21-2010, 01:43 AM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
Look at Franzen's stats in his 3rd season.
Look at Zetterberg's stats in his 2nd season.

SEL is a defensive-strategic league from what I've read, this is why some of the best two way players in hockey are from Sweden.
SEL gpg are almost Identical to the Nhl Urban myths and look at Forsberg's 3rd season Mps has potential but he needs lots of work to get to offensive dynamo standard

Old
12-21-2010, 01:47 AM
HemskyToHall*

Quote:
SEL gpg are almost Identical to the Nhl Urban myths and look at Forsberg's 3rd season Mps has potential but he needs lots of work to get to offensive dynamo standard
Forsberg was the next big thing out of Sweden, and you're comparing him to Paajarvi.

What I don't understand is the phrase below:

Quote:
SEL gpg are almost Identical to the Nhl Urban myths
What exactly do you mean?

And of course, most prospects out of the SEL are raw and take time to develop, be patient with them.

Old
12-21-2010, 01:55 AM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
Forsberg was the next big thing out of Sweden, and you're comparing him to Paajarvi.

What I don't understand is the phrase below:

What exactly do you mean?

And of course, most prospects out of the SEL are raw and take time to develop, be patient with them.
it means the goals scored per game are the same in the sel as the Nhl and alot of Oiler fans were pointing out Mps out scored Forsberg At same age and some were calling him the next Forsberg sure in the hell was not me. Ebs Omark And Hall are light years ahead as offensive players, .because they have natural offensive ability MPS lacks this trait

Old
12-21-2010, 01:58 AM
HemskyToHall*

Quote:
it means the goals scored per game are the same in the sel as the Nhl and alot of Oiler fans were pointing out Mps out scored Forsberg At same age and some were calling him the next Forsberg sure in the hell was not me. Ebs Omark And Hall are light years ahead as offensive players, .because they have natural offensive ability MPS lacks this trait
His 29 points in the SEL pro rates to a 49 point season in the NHL. Remember this is playing against men and not players his age similar to Ebs and Hall.

And the Forsberg projection, that is ridiculous I haven't seen any. I've seen Hossa and that's pretty much it.

Old
12-21-2010, 02:03 AM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
His 29 points in the SEL pro rates to a 49 point season in the NHL. Remember this is playing against men and not players his age similar to Ebs and Hall.

And the Forsberg projection, that is ridiculous I haven't seen any. I've seen Hossa and that's pretty much it.
No it does not prorate to a 49 point NHL season the Sel talent is way weaker more like a 30 plus point season like he is on pace for now. ps I am done with this silly Argument he is on pace for 10 goals this season