HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Deadline Talk

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-21-2010, 08:05 AM
  #1
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
Trade Deadline Talk

Mods feel free to sticky this if need be. It is a little early but I am bored so figured would get some deadline talk going.

What I think they will look to do is acquire a bottom pairing dman who is on the last year of his contract. I do not believe they have that much trust in Bartulis and would rather have someone else if there was an injury. You cant count on Walker at this point. This is what I see happening.

1. Walker is cleared to play be mid February. He is then waived for the duration of the season. He will get into playing shape with the phantoms. Will be a depth guy come playoff time.
2. Leighton I also believe will be waived in mid Feb for the duration of this season as well. Unless the wheels fall off the rushkie (which is possible) and boucher,I do not see him getting an opportunity to play.
3. Bart will be part of the package to get that bottom pairing guy along with a pick.
4. What do the flyers do with the goaltending? I am confident as can be they will never win a cup with leighton and boucher as your goalies. The rushkie has now until mid Feb to show he will be the guy. I am not sold on him yet and it is a lot of pressure to ask someone of his age and experience to handle. When you have 18 talented skaters like the flyers do I just cant comprehend how you leave such a huge question mark in goal. Do you make a move for someone else, without killing the depth you have? I think they should, depending on the cost.
5. Does Carcillo get moved? If so do they acquire an other vet 4th line guy or call someone up from the phantoms?

6. Waiving Leighton and Walker will give them some decent cap space i believe. They have the pieces with goaltending being thw weak link imo.



A lot will depend on how the team looks in 6 weeks and things can change no doubt. Injuries, poor play, whatever. Just my little opinion for the day.

jb** is offline  
Old
12-21-2010, 08:12 AM
  #2
agrudez*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 2,612
vCash: 500
I don't think they move Carcillo because Lappy isn't coming back and Shelley won't be playing in the playoffs, so unless they get a 4th liner back it wouldn't make sense.

Also, Holmgren picked him to give Scottie+2nd away for for a reason, so that we would have a guy willing to fight in the playoffs that could still play. I think Lavi and Homer disagree on the value of players, and one of those players is Carcillo, imo.

agrudez* is offline  
Old
12-21-2010, 08:41 AM
  #3
2fast4u2*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: HAMILTON ONTARIO
Country: Canada
Posts: 448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
Mods feel free to sticky this if need be. It is a little early but I am bored so figured would get some deadline talk going.

What I think they will look to do is acquire a bottom pairing dman who is on the last year of his contract. I do not believe they have that much trust in Bartulis and would rather have someone else if there was an injury. You cant count on Walker at this point. This is what I see happening.

1. Walker is cleared to play be mid February. He is then waived for the duration of the season. He will get into playing shape with the phantoms. Will be a depth guy come playoff time.
2. Leighton I also believe will be waived in mid Feb for the duration of this season as well. Unless the wheels fall off the rushkie (which is possible) and boucher,I do not see him getting an opportunity to play.
3. Bart will be part of the package to get that bottom pairing guy along with a pick.
4. What do the flyers do with the goaltending? I am confident as can be they will never win a cup with leighton and boucher as your goalies. The rushkie has now until mid Feb to show he will be the guy. I am not sold on him yet and it is a lot of pressure to ask someone of his age and experience to handle. When you have 18 talented skaters like the flyers do I just cant comprehend how you leave such a huge question mark in goal. Do you make a move for someone else, without killing the depth you have? I think they should, depending on the cost.
5. Does Carcillo get moved? If so do they acquire an other vet 4th line guy or call someone up from the phantoms?

6. Waiving Leighton and Walker will give them some decent cap space i believe. They have the pieces with goaltending being thw weak link imo.



A lot will depend on how the team looks in 6 weeks and things can change no doubt. Injuries, poor play, whatever. Just my little opinion for the day.
Bobrovsky=24 15 5 - 3 0 56 694 .919 2.44 1,377
Neimi= 39 26 7 - 4 7 82 936 .912 2.25 2,190

And ppl werent sure of Neimi last year either.So far i AM confident of our goaltending ,and i think Bob will do just fine

2fast4u2* is offline  
Old
12-21-2010, 08:49 AM
  #4
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,997
vCash: 500
Trade Deadline Wishlist:

Walker/Leighton + 3rd for Roloson

No other moves necessary.

And it won't happen because Roloson is worth more.

CS is offline  
Old
12-21-2010, 09:39 AM
  #5
2fast4u2*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: HAMILTON ONTARIO
Country: Canada
Posts: 448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Trade Deadline Wishlist:

Walker/Leighton + 3rd for Roloson

No other moves necessary.

And it won't happen because Roloson is worth more.
Thank God your not in the Flyers upper brass.OMFG,trade the goalie that took us to the cup finals away for a 41 year old goalie? And you flamed ME for a JVR for Backstrom trade?LOL

i wouldnt even give that 3rd pick for Rollie

2fast4u2* is offline  
Old
12-21-2010, 09:43 AM
  #6
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,565
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u2 View Post
Thank God your not in the Flyers upper brass.OMFG,trade the goalie that took us to the cup finals away for a 41 year old goalie? And you flamed ME for a JVR for Backstrom trade?LOL

i wouldnt even give that 3rd pick for Rollie
Eh. The Flyers got to the finals despite Leighton, not because of him. I don't think I'd mind Rolo, but I'd like to hold onto that pick.

Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
12-21-2010, 09:52 AM
  #7
dbr2
Lockout Beard
 
dbr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,340
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dbr2
I don't see us doing anything this year at the deadline.

dbr2 is offline  
Old
12-21-2010, 10:12 AM
  #8
2fast4u2*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: HAMILTON ONTARIO
Country: Canada
Posts: 448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Eh. The Flyers got to the finals despite Leighton, not because of him. I don't think I'd mind Rolo, but I'd like to hold onto that pick.



On May 10, 2010, Boucher was once again injured in a playoff game against the Bruins. Leighton stepped in for his first ever NHL playoff action to continue Boucher's shutout, with the Flyers ultimately winning 40.[15] Leighton then started and won the next two games, helping the Flyers to become only the third team in NHL history to come back from an 03 deficit and win a series.[16]

In the 2010 Eastern Conference Finals against the Montreal Canadiens, Leighton allowed only seven goals in five games, posting three shutouts as the seventh-seeded Flyers advanced to the Stanley Cup Finals against his former team, the Chicago Blackhawks. Leighton started all six games of the Final series, though Boucher finished Game One, a 65 Blackhawks win, and Game Five, a 74 Blackhawks win. Boucher was the losing goalie of record in both games. Leighton struggled in the finals, posting a goals against average of 3.96 and a save percentage of 0.876 as Chicago defeated Philadelphia four games to two.

The finals was the only time during the playoffs where Leighton LOOKED human.Besides that,he HELPED the Flyers get to the promised land.

2fast4u2* is offline  
Old
12-21-2010, 10:19 AM
  #9
RIPRichardsCarter
Registered User
 
RIPRichardsCarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,954
vCash: 500
I'd like to get a defensive winger to play with Betts and Powe in the playoffs.

I honestly don't think we need anything else.

RIPRichardsCarter is offline  
Old
12-21-2010, 10:21 AM
  #10
dbr2
Lockout Beard
 
dbr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,340
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker912 View Post
I'd like to get a defensive winger to play with Betts and Powe in the playoffs.

I honestly don't think we need anything else.
I'd like that.

Decent Pker would be nice too.

dbr2 is offline  
Old
12-21-2010, 10:30 AM
  #11
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,997
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
I'd like that.

Decent Pker would be nice too.
A healthy Laperriere?

Please let him recover.

I don't want him to force anything, but damn...

How awesome would:

Nodl - Richards - Giroux (shutdown)
Hartnell - Briere - Leino (offense)
vanRiemsdyk - Carter - Zherdev (balanced)
Powe - Betts - Laperriere (shutdown)

Pronger - Carle (balanced)
Timonen - Coburn (balanced)
Meszaros - O'Donnell (balanced)

Be?

CS is offline  
Old
12-21-2010, 10:31 AM
  #12
dbr2
Lockout Beard
 
dbr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,340
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dbr2
I'm sorry but I don't know how much faith I have in seeing Lappy returning.

dbr2 is offline  
Old
12-21-2010, 10:34 AM
  #13
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,997
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
I'm sorry but I don't know how much faith I have in seeing Lappy returning.
Faith? None.

Hope? I have a little bit.

CS is offline  
Old
12-21-2010, 10:37 AM
  #14
Flyskippy
Registered User
 
Flyskippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Audubon, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Faith? None.

Hope? I have a little bit.
Reminded me of 1 Corinthians 13:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apostle Paul, Flyers fan
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
We love Lappy.

Flyskippy is offline  
Old
12-21-2010, 10:46 AM
  #15
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,978
vCash: 500
We can't think of Lappy coming back. I would love to see Carcillo remain on the 4th line with Shelley upstairs. It would force Carcillo to behave because he'd know a replacement is right there. Also would love to see another depth dman but only if Carle and/or Bart crap the bed over the next month or so. If they play better than last night then leave things as they are.

MsWoof is offline  
Old
12-21-2010, 10:49 AM
  #16
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,898
vCash: 500
Boston and Montreal had no offense last year. Once Leighton played a solid offensive team he got lit up like many predicted would happen. Leighton is good at taking up space in the net and once you get him moving it's a whole different story.

__________________

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
12-21-2010, 10:51 AM
  #17
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 110,042
vCash: 5792
If the trade deadline was tomorrow, I don't think the Flyers do a single thing. Boucher has been much better than he was last year, and two more guys they trust, technically. Unless we get a big injury, I see nothing happening, and the only thing I'd try to do if I was GM is try and bring in Dwayne Roloson, which is what they should have done last year.

Bartulis I think will be kept around, as he serves a purpose as a cheap labor, extra body.

GKJ is offline  
Old
12-21-2010, 10:57 AM
  #18
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
I don't see us doing anything this year at the deadline.
This exactly. At most a depth move or something small.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
I'm sorry but I don't know how much faith I have in seeing Lappy returning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Faith? None.

Hope? I have a little bit.
Lappy is done, and if he wants to come back, he really shouldnt. The dude is one hit or puck away from having his brains scrambled. As much as I like the guy, he is finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
If the trade deadline was tomorrow, I don't think the Flyers do a single thing. Boucher has been much better than he was last year, and two more guys they trust, technically. Unless we get a big injury, I see nothing happening, and the only thing I'd try to do if I was GM is try and bring in Dwayne Roloson, which is what they should have done last year.
Exactly, we only make a move if there is an injury.

I expect Walker and Leighton waived, maybe just Walker if we can fit Leighton under the cap. It wouldnt surprise me if we moved wither of them or moved Carcillo either.

This team trusts Shelley over Carcillo. I personally think I'd prefer Shelley in the playoffs though, Carcillo can not be trusted to keep his cool and is therefor a liability instead of a boon. Plus, Lavy isn't too fond of enforcers or pests in general, so I would expect to see neither make it on our playoffs roster for anything more then depth anyway.

IrishSniper87 is offline  
Old
12-21-2010, 10:58 AM
  #19
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 11,856
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u2 View Post
Thank God your not in the Flyers upper brass.OMFG,trade the goalie that took us to the cup finals away for a 41 year old goalie? And you flamed ME for a JVR for Backstrom trade?LOL

i wouldnt even give that 3rd pick for Rollie
Roloson can still tend at 41 years old. He is also an expiring contract and with the pro-rated amount at the deadline, 2.5M is not expensive and would fit under the cap with the salary moving the other way. You can't seriously be telling me you'd rather have Leighton over Roloson?

__________________
"Help was not promised, lovely girl. Only death."
JDinkalage Morgoone is online now  
Old
12-21-2010, 11:02 AM
  #20
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
I doubt we do anything, unless we run into a lot of injuries (knock on wood)

HoverCarle* is offline  
Old
12-21-2010, 11:05 AM
  #21
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 110,042
vCash: 5792
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
I expect Walker and Leighton waived, maybe just Walker if we can fit Leighton under the cap. It wouldnt surprise me if we moved wither of them or moved Carcillo either.

This team trusts Shelley over Carcillo. I personally think I'd prefer Shelley in the playoffs though, Carcillo can not be trusted to keep his cool and is therefor a liability instead of a boon. Plus, Lavy isn't too fond of enforcers or pests in general, so I would expect to see neither make it on our playoffs roster for anything more then depth anyway.
You know what though, Laviolette and Holmgren like Wellwood. There's no cap in the playoffs, so they could put Wellwood in the 4th line role if they wanted to keep them both off the ice. I think they'd rather keep Carcillo on the team and wait until the off-season to make a trade. What I don't want to happen is what happened with Upshall for Carcillo is give something up for a 4th line player and saddle ourselves with the contract just because Holmgren doesn't feel like working out a new contract in the off-season. Unless it's a similar, expiring contract, I'd rather keep him on the team and switch to Wellwood down the line.

GKJ is offline  
Old
12-21-2010, 11:06 AM
  #22
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB
 
dingbathero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: St. John's, NL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,714
vCash: 500
Rolo wold be a stretch.

I wouldn't mind seeing either Walker/Leights - or Carbomb go for a one Vernon Fiddler.

dingbathero is offline  
Old
12-21-2010, 11:07 AM
  #23
2fast4u2*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: HAMILTON ONTARIO
Country: Canada
Posts: 448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
Roloson can still tend at 41 years old. He is also an expiring contract and with the pro-rated amount at the deadline, 2.5M is not expensive and would fit under the cap with the salary moving the other way. You can't seriously be telling me you'd rather have Leighton over Roloson?
Yes i would because at Rollies age he isnt as fast as he used to be,Leighton will be a reallllly good back up for Bob IMO. And i dont think anyone wants to pay 2.5 prorated for a 41 yr old goalie.If thats the case,hell bring us Cujo or Hasek lol

2fast4u2* is offline  
Old
12-21-2010, 11:09 AM
  #24
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB
 
dingbathero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: St. John's, NL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u2 View Post
Yes i would because at Rollies age he isnt as fast as he used to be,Leighton will be a reallllly good back up for Bob IMO. And i dont think anyone wants to pay 2.5 prorated for a 41 yr old goalie.If thats the case,hell bring us Cujo or Hasek lol
or Nabokov... after waiving a few.. like Walker and Leights or Boosh.

dingbathero is offline  
Old
12-21-2010, 11:10 AM
  #25
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 11,856
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u2 View Post
Yes i would because at Rollies age he isnt as fast as he used to be,Leighton will be a reallllly good back up for Bob IMO. And i dont think anyone wants to pay 2.5 prorated for a 41 yr old goalie.If thats the case,hell bring us Cujo or Hasek lol
The thing is after the proration it will be ~>1M probably if my math is right (which it probably isn't.) Plus the contract is expiring so that is off the books next offseason, which could be used to help resign someone important? I heard there's a certain payoff winger that needs an extension.

JDinkalage Morgoone is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:40 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.