HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs prospects quickest to make roster

Closed Thread

Old
06-17-2005, 12:51 PM
trojan4

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to trojan4
Habs prospects quickest to make roster

In order, what are the top 5 montreal canadiens prospects that will make the team roster the quickest from now?

Old
06-17-2005, 12:55 PM
RaTcine

1a) Higgins
b) Perezhogin

3 Hainsey
4 Plekanec
5 Hossa

Old
06-17-2005, 12:57 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by trojan4
In order, what are the top 5 montreal canadiens prospects that will make the team roster the quickest from now?
1. Ron Hainsey (for contractual reasons only)
2. Alex Perezhogin (he's more ready than Kostitsyn, IMO)
3. Chris Higgins (he's better able to survive a role on the 3rd or 4th line as a rookie than some of the others)
4. Marcel Hossa (he might be #2, just because he's going to get his last chance... I doubt he sticks, though... is that "making the roster"? )
5. Tomas Plekanec (for reasons similar to Hossa, he'll get a chance. If he proves himself, he could even stick at the expense of Higgins).

Honourable mention: Kostitsyn, Ivanans are the only others I can see even having a chance this year...

Of course, if we win the lottery, Sidney Crosby takes over the #1 spot.

Old
06-17-2005, 01:02 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
You can bet everything you have on Perezhogin to make the roster from the day one of the next season...

Higgins is another kid that will make the team almost 100% sure from day 1...

Plekanec and Hossa should make the team as well since they cant be sent down in the minors and no way we lose them on the waiver...

We have places for all 4 on the roster...

Old
06-17-2005, 01:03 PM
Traitor8

1-Perezhogin
2-Higgins
3-Hossa
4-Hainsey
5-Plekanec

Old
06-17-2005, 01:04 PM
trojan4

When does Kostitsyn become ready and who do we kick off the current roster?

Old
06-17-2005, 01:09 PM
RaTcine

Kostistyn need one more AHL season. Last year he was still learning how to play defense. He improved a lot. Now he will get a lot of icetime with the Bulldogs and that will help him to show his offensive skills.

He might be ready at half-season or late season but I'm pretty conviced that he won't start with the Habs.

I think that Jason Ward is one that will be cut off. Pierre Dagenais will have to work hard to keep his spot on the 2nd line. Perreault is already out.

Old
06-17-2005, 01:36 PM
Hab at it

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaTcine
Kostistyn need one more AHL season. Last year he was still learning how to play defense. He improved a lot. Now he will get a lot of icetime with the Bulldogs and that will help him to show his offensive skills.

He might be ready at half-season or late season but I'm pretty conviced that he won't start with the Habs.

I think that Jason Ward is one that will be cut off. Pierre Dagenais will have to work hard to keep his spot on the 2nd line. Perreault is already out.
The way I see it is, we have:

Perreault - out
Juneau - out
Dackell - out
Quintal - out
Dowd - out(most likely)
Kovalev - ??????????

and only Bonk in so I could see:

Perezhogin - replacing Dagenais on the 2nd line I feel he brings a more complete game to the ice than Dags.
Hossa - on the 3rd line with Bonk and Bulis
Higgins - on a line with Begin and Ward
Hainsey - as long as he keeps playing as he did at the end of the season, taking over for Cube.
Plekanec - ???? I don't know where he can fit in but I do feel that he's played well enough to get a spot on the big club.

Old
06-17-2005, 01:40 PM
Duster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien
1. Ron Hainsey (for contractual reasons only)
2. Alex Perezhogin (he's more ready than Kostitsyn, IMO)
3. Chris Higgins (he's better able to survive a role on the 3rd or 4th line as a rookie than some of the others)
4. Marcel Hossa (he might be #2, just because he's going to get his last chance... I doubt he sticks, though... is that "making the roster"? )
5. Tomas Plekanec (for reasons similar to Hossa, he'll get a chance. If he proves himself, he could even stick at the expense of Higgins).

Honourable mention: Kostitsyn, Ivanans are the only others I can see even having a chance this year...

Of course, if we win the lottery, Sidney Crosby takes over the #1 spot.

Looks about right. Like you, I don't have much faith in Hossa. I see Ivanans taking his spot on the roster.

I'm not convinced BG is done. I can see one or two of the above traded for immediate defensive help - likely Plekanec and/or Hossa

Of course, if we get Crosby, we will trade him to Toronto for the much lauded David Ling. What are you thinking?

Old
06-17-2005, 01:41 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
When does Kostitsyn become ready and who do we kick off the current roster?
Kostitsyn will spend another season in the AHL, has good chances to be ready for the 2006-2007 season...

Sundstrom has one year left to his contract and Zednik has to play the game with more fire and emotion...

Old
06-17-2005, 01:42 PM
RaTcine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab at it
The way I see it is, we have:

Perreault - out
Juneau - out
Dackell - out
Quintal - out
Dowd - out(most likely)
Kovalev - ??????????

and only Bonk in so I could see:

Perezhogin - replacing Dagenais on the 2nd line I feel he brings a more complete game to the ice than Dags.
Hossa - on the 3rd line with Bonk and Bulis
Higgins - on a line with Begin and Ward
Hainsey - as long as he keeps playing as he did at the end of the season, taking over for Cube.
Plekanec - ???? I don't know where he can fit in but I do feel that he's played well enough to get a spot on the big club.
I prefer Plekanec over Ward

Old
06-17-2005, 01:52 PM
trojan4

I didn't know Ward was on our roster

Old
06-17-2005, 01:55 PM
CGG

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea
Kostitsyn will spend another season in the AHL, has good chances to be ready for the 2006-2007 season...

Sundstrom has one year left to his contract and Zednik has to play the game with more fire and emotion...
You're not suggesting Kostitsyn will replace Zednik in a year or so? Zed's got 2 years left on his contract. Adding a fully ready Kost would be great, but he's not going to supplant Zed. Just like Plekanec won't knock Ribs off the 2nd line next year.

Old
06-17-2005, 01:57 PM
CGG

Quote:
All 5 of these will be on the roster as soon as the NHL starts up:

Hainsey
Hossa
Higgins
Perezhogin
Plekanec

If we sign Kovalev, one of the forwards will get bumped. Most likely Plekanec gets traded.

Old
06-17-2005, 03:15 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duster
Of course, if we get Crosby, we will trade him to Toronto for the much lauded David Ling. What are you thinking?
David Ling is about the only guy I'd trade Crosby for. Maybe Terry Ryan too, if he was still playing. But lucky enough for us, I would have thought Ling would be a FA, or we could trick Toronto into giving him up for less, so it would never come to that!

Old
06-17-2005, 03:47 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

1 Hainsey
2 Hossa
3 Perezhogin

4 Plekanec
5 Higgins

Old
06-17-2005, 03:51 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaTcine

Same opinion on Jason Ward...just a spare in case of an injury, or part of a package in a trade.
I think Higgins will go back to Hamilton next season. As for Pleks I have no idea, probably part of a trade package too.

Old
06-17-2005, 04:43 PM
mvp76

1-Higgins
2-Perezhogin
3-Hainsey
4-Hossa
5-Pleks(Should be higher but roster at center is tough to crack)

Closed Thread