Old
12-21-2010, 04:51 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
Ok, but what happens to Bergie?
He is saying we could trade him for draft picks or prospects, not for an NHL roster player.

Old
12-21-2010, 04:56 PM
KevFist
is best pony

Problem is Machacek is the guy we need, not Cormier. Cormier really needs to spend the rest of the year in Chicago. Machacek is ready to go now.

Old
12-21-2010, 05:09 PM
AtlSioux

Bergfors and our 2011 3rd round pick to TOR for Jerry D'Amigo and Matt Frattin

Old
12-21-2010, 06:41 PM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneel View Post
Problem is Machacek is the guy we need, not Cormier. Cormier really needs to spend the rest of the year in Chicago. Machacek is ready to go now.
From what I understand, we're moving Bergfors for the sole purpose of making room for Cormier.

In Dudley We Trust? I think so.

Old
12-21-2010, 06:52 PM
fatschoonerrat

Well, Cormier definitely fits the flavor of this team. And he had a decent preseason. Can't say I'd be sad if he could come here and play for real. Still, it's possible Bergfors could be packaged with a role player for a player.

Old
12-21-2010, 09:06 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 1165
So it really looks like Bergfors' time in Atlanta is about up.

Last edited by Shameus: 12-21-2010 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Leave it
Old
12-21-2010, 09:25 PM
atleternal
Sautee Nacoochee

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4aces View Post
Don't get your hopes up about getting a player.

That's all I gotta say, at this point, based on what I've been hearing.
What ya been hearing, and who is telling it to ya? Just curious that's all...

Lemme guess it's a secret?

Old
12-21-2010, 09:42 PM
GetPucksDeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatschoonerrat View Post
Well, Cormier definitely fits the flavor of this team. And he had a decent preseason. Can't say I'd be sad if he could come here and play for real. Still, it's possible Bergfors could be packaged with a role player for a player.

Cormier didn't have a decent preseason. He was injured before camp began.

Old
12-21-2010, 10:15 PM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneel View Post
I would like to see this too. Stapleton is a natural center and is kind of playing out of position on a wing.

If Ramsay has given up on Bergfors, demote Stapleton and bring up Machacek to play on Burmi's RW.

Old
12-22-2010, 12:30 AM
Aaronxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by atleternal View Post
What ya been hearing, and who is telling it to ya? Just curious that's all...

Lemme guess it's a secret?
he's seen and heard the same things we have. he's just taking a bigger leap.

Old
12-22-2010, 12:34 AM
fatschoonerrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetPucksDeep View Post
Cormier didn't have a decent preseason. He was injured before camp began.
And by preseason I OBviously meant rookie camp. me.

Old
12-22-2010, 07:27 AM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronxxx View Post
he's seen and heard the same things we have. he's just taking a bigger leap.

Not exactly. Did a little digging. Talked to someone who recently interviewed Dudley.

Not revealing sources, just the aim of moving Bergie.

I know I'm not gonna change anyones mind, here, though. People will still expect us to use him for a top-six forward.

Whatever happens, will happen. However, I trust what I've been told.

Old
12-22-2010, 09:45 AM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4aces View Post
Not exactly. Did a little digging. Talked to someone who recently interviewed Dudley.

Not revealing sources, just the aim of moving Bergie.

I know I'm not gonna change anyones mind, here, though. People will still expect us to use him for a top-six forward.

Whatever happens, will happen. However, I trust what I've been told.
People always expect a top 6 forward in return in trades. Especially around here.

Old
12-22-2010, 10:09 AM
The Sneak

He was the top 6 forward in return for Kovalchuk. He remains a top 6 forward as a Thrasher (when he plays). If he were to be traded, yes, I would expect top 6 value in return. Not that hard of a formula really.

Old
12-22-2010, 10:35 AM
dj4aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sneak View Post
If he were to be traded, yes, I would expect top 6 value in return.
Not unreasonable. Key word, of course, is "value."

Doesn't mean we're going to get a player. Doesn't mean we won't. Any player we do get, though, will likely be a prospect. Either a junior player, or a young guy in the AHL.

Just seems people want us to flip him for a Wolski, Filatov, or whatever. Not gonna happen. It'd cost too much, and we're trying to call up a player and get him NHL time as it is. Trading Bergie for another NHL'er isn't what will get one of our prospects in the game.

Old
12-22-2010, 10:57 AM
KevFist
is best pony

Wolski would cost us something like Bergfors + Machacek/Cormier + Pick. WAYYYY too much to pay. Filatov would fit into the system about as well as Bergfors. I still think even Boyes would be a Bergfors + situation, simply because Bergfors' stock is through the floor at the moment. Our best bet if we were moving for players would be a Bergfors + Holzapfel/Kulda for Setoguchi, and even then I'm not so sure about Setoguchi.... He seems very Bryan Little-esque.

I'd like to send Bergfors to a Minnesota, Calgary or St Louis and get a 1st round pick back. then we bring up Machacek/Cormier and do the damn thing.

Old
12-22-2010, 11:23 AM
SilverRiver89

vCash: 1365
Quote:
Dudley also said he’s getting calls from general managers checking on the availability of Bergfors, who has spent more time lately in the press box as a healthy scratch than on the ice.

Bergfors has 18 points in 27 games this season. He scored 21 goals as a rookie.

“We have assets but we’re not inclined to give people away,” Dudley said. “I’m sure that if [Bergfors] doesn’t get back to playing regular that he’s going to get frustrated. I have to take that into account, but so far I haven’t heard anything like that.”
From this article, mostly talking about re-signing Byfuglien: http://www.sportingnews.com/nhl/stor...e-with-a-price

Old
12-22-2010, 12:59 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

Love reading the quote by Dudley on Bergfors. Make the price go higher!

And also very happy to hear that the landscape is changing as far as negotiating with players!

The Times, They Keep A-Changin'

Old
12-22-2010, 08:39 PM
atleternal
Sautee Nacoochee

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sneak View Post
He was the top 6 forward in return for Kovalchuk. He remains a top 6 forward as a Thrasher (when he plays). If he were to be traded, yes, I would expect top 6 value in return. Not that hard of a formula really.
Yeah really. There are folks on here willing to trade him for Dupuis? Wasnít Dudley the guy who passed up Rick Nash in the draft when we got Kari? Not sure, and not going to research. Iím giving more credit to his coaching decisions than his player management at this point. Ramsay is the guy making all this happen.

Old
12-23-2010, 03:12 AM
Armia

Quote:
Originally Posted by atleternal View Post
Yeah really. There are folks on here willing to trade him for Dupuis? Wasnít Dudley the guy who passed up Rick Nash in the draft when we got Kari? Not sure, and not going to research. Iím giving more credit to his coaching decisions than his player management at this point. Ramsay is the guy making all this happen.
Not sure did I get your point right, but Rick Nash was drafted #1 overall.

Old
12-23-2010, 06:16 AM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armia View Post
Not sure did I get your point right, but Rick Nash was drafted #1 overall.
Florida traded down from pick 1 to pick 3. If a trade was not made they still would of picked j-bo and overlooked Nash but they knew Columbus wanted Nash and Atlanta was always going to take Lehtonen, so they made the trade to get an extra pick

Old
12-24-2010, 10:28 AM
Clip68

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrasherMinion View Post
IF it's true and not just Canadian media make-up crap, then we won't get more than a prospect IMO. the NHL doesn't work like EA Sports.

I'd take a 2nd rounder for him and get Cormier a look up here. Klingberg will be here next year to take Ben Eager's place too. Call Toronto.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grrrowlman View Post
For ... KRIS VERSTEEG Please!!! He fits in this system so much!!! VERSTEEG - Burmy - EGER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan View Post
Would love Versteeg too.

Am also a fan of Dave Bollard. He hasn't had a great season thus far but was a beast in the playoffs. Still young too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrasherMinion View Post
I still say try to get a 2nd or 3rd for him.

I wonder, could we get something from Detroit's farm for him?
I'm not sure I'd want Staal from Pittsburgh after all his injury trouble this year.

Would like to know our record with Bergfors in the lineup.....so what that he has 17 points? did the matter? We had a guy that scored 300 goals with us and that didn't work out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabreality View Post
i actually think Dupuis would be a nice piece on this team, i'd love to see him with Burmi and think he's an ideal fit for Rammers system

they could always re-sign him, its not like Pascal will break the bank, and he was well liked here the 1st time around.

theyre all just proposals anyways...thinking they could get a Staal type is ridiculous though, i kinda think Bergie is overrated around here...he's more MacArthur/Wheeler than he is Hornqvist/Dubinsky as far as impacts go imo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Considering he's now ended up in the doghouse for two different teams already, I don't see us getting a huge return. I think we would need to package him with a pick and/or a prospect for a top-6.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlSioux View Post
Bergfors and our 2011 3rd round pick to TOR for Jerry D'Amigo and Matt Frattin

Leafs fan coming in peace, but after reading some of the comments in this thread I wonder if we were to trade Beauchemin to a team and got a 2nd round pick in return, would you guys consider this;

2nd in 2011 (San Jose's???) + Luca Caputi for Bergfors

You guys seem to need a top 6 forward, but obviously Toronto doesn't have one to spare. That being said, you guys are doing extremely well this year with Bergfors "not fitting in" and healthy scratched sometimes. Caputi is a good project winger with top 6 potential. He's more likely 3rd line, but the potential for top 6 is there for sure, especially in your offensive system.

Versteeg is another option as well, but I can't see Burke parting with him after just aqcuiring him.

D'Amigo and Frattin for me would be a done deal, but truthfully that is not enough going back for you guys.

Thoughts?

Old
12-24-2010, 04:35 PM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clip68 View Post
Leafs fan coming in peace, but after reading some of the comments in this thread I wonder if we were to trade Beauchemin to a team and got a 2nd round pick in return, would you guys consider this;

2nd in 2011 (San Jose's???) + Luca Caputi for Bergfors

You guys seem to need a top 6 forward, but obviously Toronto doesn't have one to spare. That being said, you guys are doing extremely well this year with Bergfors "not fitting in" and healthy scratched sometimes. Caputi is a good project winger with top 6 potential. He's more likely 3rd line, but the potential for top 6 is there for sure, especially in your offensive system.

Versteeg is another option as well, but I can't see Burke parting with him after just aqcuiring him.

D'Amigo and Frattin for me would be a done deal, but truthfully that is not enough going back for you guys.

Thoughts?
Thrashers are in win mode. They don't need prospects coming back and if trading Bergfors would request a roster player to slot in the top 6.
Caputi, D'Amigo is not good enough to make this current team. Our bottom 6 and defense is playing really well therefore we are not going to need any of these players. Which there leaves 3 wingers that Atlanta want from Toronto in any deal for Bergfors - Kessel, Kulemin or Versteeg. Thrashers would probably have to add a ready made prospect like Klingberg or Machacek to make the deal work.

Old
12-25-2010, 01:00 AM
Ashe

Quick team summary on Bergfors

In 4 games since he didnt play (from Carolina)
Shots
111(us) vs 130 (Them)
Score : 16(us) - 12(them) (includes 7-6 goal games) (if they are removed, 3-10)
Record : 2-2

In the other games Before carolina
Shots : 87-90
Score : 10-8
Record : 2-2

Other games he missed early in the season
Shots : 48 -75
Score : 3-9
Record : 0-2

Numbers with Bergfors out of the lineup
246-295 - Shots against Difference of 49
29-29 - Score - Even
4-6 Record
Outshot in 6 of the 10 games

Numbers with Bergfors in the line up
897 - 921 - Shots Against : Difference of 24
89 - 73 - Score - Plus 16
15-12 Record
Outshot in 18 of the 27 games

Outcome : We are giving up more shots, Scoring less goals, Losing more games, Giving up more goals (I base this on the 7-6 goal games. with those being 2-3 goal games we are behind in the goals category by a lot)

If put over a 30 game stretch on the without Bergfors(Average) we are still getting outshot, Outscored, And our record stinks.

I turned OT/SO losses to losses for ease.

Lets check out the Special Teams time :

Power Play / PK Numbers Without Bergfors

3PPG/32Chances - 9.3% PP (Include 2 SHGA)
9GA/38TS 77% PK

With Bergfors
28/104 - 26.9% PP
19/101 - 82%PK

So again, Over time and prorated to 30 games :
We are looking at more PK Time without bergfors (114)
Less PP (96 over 30 games) and less goals (9)

Our PP and PK is worse, even though Bergfors isn't predominately playing on them.

I don't get what Ramsay is seeing that he doesn't like. But our record and overall game is a lot better with him in the line up, then Modin/Stapleton. Due to the fact we can give Burmi some wingers and give us 3 balanced attacks, instead of 2 and 2 grind lines.

Other Team Facts :

Burmi's play has also suffered (-6) and only has 1 point in those 10 games. (Where as 12 in 27 games and a +6 rating)
Antro : Has 4 points in those 10 games, and is a +1. (14 pts in 24 games -7) Antros play has not changed except an increase in -+.

Our guys who are in the line up for Bergfors/Eager :

Stapleton : Zero points , Even. (8GP)
Modin : 2 goals, -2 (9GP)

Up this to 30 games, and they are a minus 6 with 6 goals.

Last edited by Ashe: 12-25-2010 at 06:04 AM. Reason: Fixed some spelling mistakes
Closed Thread