HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

prospect info

Closed Thread

Old
06-17-2005, 01:55 PM
iamcaper

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to iamcaper
prospect info

Hey Gang,

I'm so excited about the Habs future, heck even the present!

I'd like to hear your thoughts on a few prospects:

Grabovsky
Korpikari
Korneev
Heino-Lindberg

GO HABS!

Old
06-17-2005, 05:02 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamcaper
Hey Gang,

I'm so excited about the Habs future, heck even the present!

I'd like to hear your thoughts on a few prospects:

Grabovsky
Korpikari
Korneev
Heino-Lindberg

GO HABS!

Grabovsky is a very interesting prospect. Small but very fast, and explosive, in that he can reach top speed in a few quick strides. Speed imo may be his best asset, although he skates well and seems to have a good shot along with good offensive instincts.

The problem is it's hard to say how he will handle the smaller ice surface, as well as not being very strong upper body from the looks of it. From what I've seen in the RSL and WC's, he hasn't had to play in a very physical game, so until he comes we'll have to see how he adapts.

Korpikari I personally really like although I haven't seen as much as I'd like to. At the development camp he looked very solid, mature and stood out as one of the top defensemen at the camp. He's got size, skates well, seems to have good strength, speed and although not overly physical it seems like he can handle the physical side of it and he protects the puck well while also being able to move it up ice. The question is where his offensive upside is, as he hasn't shown much offense in the sm-liiga yet.

Korneev I've got to see a bit over the years in the wjc's and with AK Bars the past two years. He's small, as in skinny body frame, but skates well, good speed, good offensive abilities and he's a very good stick checker. I really liked the physical game I saw from him at the wjc's but in the RSL he can get away with not taking the body that much and using his stick more. I noticed Markov would also use his stick a lot when he first got here, but over time management got him to take the body more. I have no idea what his upside is, as it's really hard to say how his lack of size/strength will hinder him on the smaller ice surface. That said he's got a lot of skills and already has a good bit of experience despite being only 21 as he just turned 21 last week but already has played in over 150 RSL games + some Euro Cup games with the Senior National team.

Heino-Lindberg was a lot of fun to watch the development camp, but goalies imo are the hardest to get a good feel for. They can really surprise you at times if they get hot. Overall I'd have to say that he was the biggest surprise for me from the camp, what a show he put on. Plays a very aggressive style, likes to handle the puck, almost too aggressive in nets, as he might need some work on his positioning, but at this point I haven't really seen enough. I was hoping he'd come over this summer, but some time in the SEL would be good for him.

Closed Thread