HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Holiday Slump Officially Underway - Habs Lose 5-2

Closed Thread

Old
12-21-2010, 11:37 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
Like I said in the GDT, I think JM should do like our coach Todd Richards did, Bag skate.
Careful, Martin might just put bags over everyones heads and tell them to skate.

Old
totalrecall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
Perfect time for a vacation so you don't have to watch the rest of the road trip
that's so true, I stopped watching at 3-0,

Didn't want to ruin my vacation spirit

Old
Nidema

Now I'm not saying JM should or shouldn't be fired, but if he does, who is available now that fits (french speaking, experience, winner) would we hire?

Not many options out there.....

Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
But but but.. we played well right?
Well we outshot them. They got lucky bounces. Deflections. We didn't. We probably can call for a slight moral victory.

Old
12-21-2010, 11:38 PM
Nidema

Maybe we should throw poutine?

Old
Habit11

Move Spacek to the left side, sit Picard, play Weber. The defence right now is atrocious. 6th straight game of giving up 3+ goals. What will it take to sit someone on D who is older than 21 years old?

Old
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habit11 View Post
Move Spacek to the left side, sit Picard, play Weber. The defence right now is atrocious. 6th straight game of giving up 3+ goals. What will it take to sit someone on D who is older than 21 years old?
Agreed with ya. Gill and Subban looked decent.

Gill - Pk
Hammer- Weber
Spacek - Gorges

Old
12-21-2010, 11:39 PM
Galchenyum
AGally+BGally

Like I said in the GDT... Hopefully Kostitsyn will be back in the line-up next game. Might not have made a difference tonight, but the team clearly needs offense and he certainly can't bring any of that from the stands.

Still plenty of time to turn this trip around... Anyone else think we're likely to see Auld on Thursday? Not blaming Price, but a few days off certainly won't hurt.

Old
MathMan

On some level I wish I could say Martin's mistake with AK just blew up in his face. But that's just not what happened.

Oh, sure, it hurt the team. But AK wouldn't have made the difference. The reality is that it was just a classic blowout. One team gets a lot of goals on not very many chances, the game goes out of control, and before you know it it's garbage time. The goalie has a bad night, bounces or just not in it. Or whatever.

These games happen during a season and they're completely meaningless. They are not the result of a genuine differential in quality of play. Montreal could just as easily blow out Carolina next game.

Shot attempts tonight: 72-38. For Montreal. And the shot chart in nhl.com is worth a look. It's not like Dallas controlled the play all the time. It's a normal tendancy to think that the team that is a lot behind in the score got pasted in all phases of the game, but hockey rarely works that way.

These games are hard on morale though. Now is not the time for JM to make another boneheaded panic move. Good lines, good match-ups, stability, this is what will pull the Habs out of the hole. His ham-fisted approach will only make things worse.

Old
googlymoogly

I threw my TV at a box of waffles. I missed

Old
12-21-2010, 11:40 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
Put Weber in the lineup please, but leave Subban in. Take someone else out.
S P _ C_K

Would you like to buy a vowel, or solve ?

I just threw old man cereal at my tv.

Old
holyhabs87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habit11 View Post
A new coach. Vets can do no wrong..only them youngin's are to blame.

Old
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

So what's the next lineup shuffle JM???

The players are tired of your musical line mates game!

We need a new D, GILL HAMMER SPATCHES to slow

PK needs works on his D

Picard playing like an AHLer

Were a mediocre team and Price can't hide our warts any longer!

And for gods sake get Bigger!!!!

Old
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
On some level I wish I could say Martin's mistake with AK just blew up in his face. But that's just not what happened.

Oh, sure, it hurt the team. But AK wouldn't have made the difference. The reality is that it was just a classic blowout. One team gets a lot of goals on not very many chances, the game goes out of control, and before you know it it's garbage time. The goalie has a bad night, bounces or just not in it. Or whatever.

These games happen during a season and they're completely meaningless. They are not the result of a genuine differential in quality of play. Montreal could just as easily blow out Carolina next game.

Shot attempts tonight: 72-38. For Montreal. And the shot chart in nhl.com is worth a look. It's not like Dallas controlled the play all the time. It's a normal tendancy to think that the team that is a lot behind in the score got pasted in all phases of the game, but hockey rarely works that way.

These games are hard on morale though. Now is not the time for JM to make another boneheaded panic move. Good lines, good match-ups, stability, this is what will pull the Habs out of the hole. His ham-fisted approach will only make things work.
Agreed with you completely. And I think your last word is suppose to read "worse".

Old
12-21-2010, 11:41 PM
Tusk

Reposting what I wrote in the GDT:

I'm 50/50 on Martin, when this team executes his system properly they can look pretty damn good, now it's trying to figure out what the anomalies are.

People saying they have tuned him out, huh? This is the first major slump of the season, sure it's been win one lose one for a while but it's taken this team this long to have a slump like almost every other team.

I honestly think, for now cause obviously the Habs need a Dman, that all they need is a little puck-luck as in some bounces their way and the players will stop squeezing their sticks and get some swagger back. If this continues for a few more weeks than we can talk about what most in here are already talking about but that's a ways away in my opinion.

Old
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
Put Weber in the lineup please, but leave Subban in. Take someone else out.
I think Weber might pull a Max Pac and ask to be sent down to Hamilton where it is funner and friendlier to play

Old
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
S P _ C_K

I would like to solve.

Picard?

Old
LastRide

Habs purposely gave the game away. Watch them pull off 30 wins in a row now.

Old
Galchenyum
AGally+BGally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidema View Post
Now I'm not saying JM should or shouldn't be fired, but if he does, who is available now that fits (french speaking, experience, winner) would we hire?

Not many options out there.....
Bob Hartley I guess?

I don't think Martin will be fired though. The players haven't exactly been stellar lately either.

Old
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
S P _ C_K

solve please .....

Picard

Old
12-21-2010, 11:42 PM
NewHabsEra*

Its not complicated, all our defensemen look like 6th 7th caliber.. Even Subban, by far our most skilled efenseman, who seems to have lost all his confidence, barely plays at a NHL level.. As long as our D dont get any help, we are in big trouble.. First step, replace Picard by Weber, huh, there is no other second step other than trading for a top defenseman, what wont be easy to do.. I hope you clearly see that our D need to be revamped, if you still want Gill and Hamrlik back Im just speechless.. Gill is an absolute pylon while Hamrlik looks like a pretty old man..

Old
sukimono

That was brutal. That defense just collapsed, bad execution all night.

Probably 8th at christmas, meh

Old
knuck
On and off fan

Quote:

These games are hard on morale though. Now is not the time for JM to make another boneheaded panic move. Good lines, good match-ups, stability, this is what will pull the Habs out of the hole. His ham-fisted approach will only make things work.
Thank you for your positivism. It is much needed on this board

Old
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
solve please .....

Picard
hahaha geniuses think alike!

Old
holyhabs87

Quote:

It was not a terrible effort but watching those 6 guys on defense tonight was embarassing. Poor execution, lack of awareness just a total cluster**** in the defensive zone.

Closed Thread